Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Love the optimism, positive vibes and the articles you're posting, keep it up.
    Cheers JB!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    It’s a Forum. We don’t have the history of the Melbourne Storm. Our forum accurately reflects our past history and the challenges we face. In summary-It’s a Forum.

Appreciate the articles and the opinions of everyone. There’s a Catch 22 in preaching positivity by having a go at others.
    Agreed. But so much change has been put in place for this year. This is the year that should inspire!

Our forum is leaned towards an expectation of failure, and a seeming unwillingness by members to express hope, confidence and self belief on a regular basis.

Constantly drowning out enthusiasm with doubt, despair, distrust and borderline hopelessness makes for a depressing atmosphere.

You can't build something new by living in the past.

I think we're entering a new era and we should be at the front of the bus watching the horizon with excitement...not sitting down the back mumbling and muttering while staring out the back window at where we've already been. We're not heading that way!

Just so you all know, I am very, very prepared to wear the goose title if this year stinks......but I'm starting off the year by getting ready to soar!!

Alas, Mr Bods...you and I appear to be two very different animals brought together by the love of a footy club. LOL! I hope for both our sakes the team kills it this year.

2019. It's going to be a ripper!!!

Inactive User

^^^ I think this year will be pretty good too. But enough talk I want to physically see the Leadership, Occasional Floggings and Taylor issues put to bed on the field now.
    Signs are that they have but now I just want to see it. So much.

^^^ I think this year will be pretty good too. But enough talk I want to physically see the Leadership, Occasional Floggings and Taylor issues put to bed on the field now.
    Me too! I haven't wanted a season to hurry up and start this badly in a long time. I think most teams will still get the odd unexpected flogging. Us included. That seems to be inherent in the nrl.

I just hope this year is like Christmas for us...you know...it feels better to give than receive. (floggings)

The majority of us on here are Members, so to suggest we are doomsayers is a bit out there considering we've all put our hard-earned into the club and many of us for years. The fact that there are hard calloused souls, frustrated megalomaniacs, old smelly players, cynical coaches and juvenile delinquents amongst the very best of us is beside the point ... we are all Titans supporters and we love positive expectations, we love being under-dogs, we love beating anyone but particularly the 'Ponies, we love our players no matter where they come from, we love everything about our club (well maybe not the new jersey) and we love whinging on here ... why? Because we never show that negative face publicly, unless it's to the trouble & strife and sometimes it gets tough maintaining a positive front off here.

But for the record and Meno's state of mind ... Go Titans, Premiers 2019 and Forever!!!!!!!
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    The majority of us on here are Members, so to suggest we are doomsayers is a bit out there considering we've all put our hard-earned into the club and many of us for years. The fact that there are hard calloused souls, frustrated megalomaniacs, old smelly players, cynical coaches and juvenile delinquents amongst the very best of us is beside the point ... we are all Titans supporters and we love positive expectations, we love being under-dogs, we love beating anyone but particularly the 'Ponies, we love our players no matter where they come from, we love everything about our club (well maybe not the new jersey) and we love whinging on here ... why? Because we never show that negative face publicly, unless it's to the trouble & strife and sometimes it gets tough maintaining a positive front off here.

But for the record and Meno's state of mind ... Go Titans, Premiers 2019 and Forever!!!!!!!
    ^^^Winner!!!

Shake up complete.

Bring on 2019!! LOL!!

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post

The great man has spoken

That pretty well sums it up for me as well. I think Menoitios is drinking too much red cordial but it's great to have his passion on here - mind you we'd have to tie him down if the Titans ever get near a Grand Final.

As Titanic says, there are a range of people on here from "too much happy juice" Meno, to at times grumpy old men like me, at times. I've been a Titanium member (family package) since day 1 so I have ticked over in excess of 10 grand in memberships, so I'll keep giving forthright opinions.

But yeah, this year is setting up to be the best for a long while. I so badly do not want to be let down, again.

^^^^LOL!!

A grand final......how good would that be!??

Ummmm...any chance you could dice that silly avatar? We all know where your heart of hearts is. Do you have to advertise them here??

Kidding. But not really.

Hey....how are things over at brookie? Has Des got everyone fired up for a huge seaason??
    Last edited by Menoitios; 13-02-19 at 05:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    ^^^^LOL!!

A grand final......how good would that be!??

Ummmm...any chance you could dice that silly avatar? We all know where your heart of hearts is. Do you have to advertise them here??

Kidding. But not really.

Hey....how are things over at brookie? Has Des got everyone fired up for a huge seaason??
    I'll ditch the avatar when the Titans win a comp. You shouldn't ask questions that can derail the thread....but since it is about Manly I will answer them. There are a few Manly supporters on here but most have been quiet of late.

Twelve months ago I would have been dead against Hasler coming anywhere near the club ever again but it started to become obvious that Manly needed to get tradition and pride back in to the club. Manly have always done much better with ex players as coaches - people who have bled for the club before. He seems to have hit the mark since back at the club. As for how 2019 will pan out, I think depends on how the depth stacks up. We seem light on. I think it is essential that Walker (who probably should be banned but his partner is now refusing to condemn him) plays as many games as possible. He makes a huge attacking difference. Of course of interest will be how LG goes - if he plays well and his defence is either improved or is covered by others, then people here have many questions that they will want answered. Injuries in the forwards will kill us as I think we have a good starting pack but not a lot under the top 17.

Thanks for asking Meno as I'm sure you care about Manly. Now back to Titans matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I'll ditch the avatar when the Titans win a comp. You shouldn't ask questions that can derail the thread....but since it is about Manly I will answer them. There are a few Manly supporters on here but most have been quiet of late.

Twelve months ago I would have been dead against Hasler coming anywhere near the club ever again but it started to become obvious that Manly needed to get tradition and pride back in to the club. Manly have always done much better with ex players as coaches - people who have bled for the club before. He seems to have hit the mark since back at the club. As for how 2019 will pan out, I think depends on how the depth stacks up. We seem light on. I think it is essential that Walker (who probably should be banned but his partner is now refusing to condemn him) plays as many games as possible. He makes a huge attacking difference. Of course of interest will be how LG goes - if he plays well and his defence is either improved or is covered by others, then people here have many questions that they will want answered. Injuries in the forwards will kill us as I think we have a good starting pack but not a lot under the top 17.

Thanks for asking Meno as I'm sure you care about Manly. Now back to Titans matters.
    I like your style, mate. Hope they have a better year than last year.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I like your style, mate. Hope they have a better year than last year.
    Meno I tried a few years ago to get MT to drop it and it’s just not going to happen but he is easily the most passionate and committed co-supporter there’s ever Been.

Co-support was a big part of our club's founding. Go for the fans of other clubs who live here, maybe we don't get them for one home game but we can get the for 11. Get the following generation was the strategy.

I think it was really hard to survive the wilderness years and still be a Rugby League fan without some sort of a club to follow. During this period I became much more a fan of the international game and for expansion. Manly for some reason have always had an unusually high and passionate fanbase on the Coast, within the Titans fanbase and here.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Titans vs Cowboys will be livestreamed!

Saturday February 23
    Titans v Cowboys: 5pm (6pm AEDT) at Sunshine Coast Stadium
    Live stream with free NRL Account on NRL.com, cowboys.com.au, titans.com.au

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"

Our trial against the Broncos too!

Saturday March 2
    Titans v Broncos: 6:30pm (7.30pm AEDT) at Cbus Super Stadium
    Live stream with free NRL Account on NRL.com, titans.com.au, broncos.com.au