Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Just saw this on the Sunshine Coast Stadium facebook page.

Ticketek: https://premier.ticketek.com.au/show...?sh=COWTITAN19
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Waiting to here from darius if he’s playing before I take the day off and get tickets. Grandstand already sold out

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    Corey says more consistency key in getting Queensland sides to finals
    http://www.couriermail.com.au

FOX League commentator Corey Parker has tipped Queensland’s NRL teams to have a resurgence in 2019, after both the Cowboys and Titans missed the finals last year.

Parker, who believes consistency will be the key for the Broncos in 2019, says he also expects North Queensland and the Gold Coast to push for top eight spots this year.

The Cowboys, who finished 13th last season, have made some big signings for the year ahead, including the recruitment of Parker’s former Broncos teammate Josh McGuire.

Parker said he was interested to see how McGuire would be used in a pack that already has big names like Jason Taumalolo, Matt Scott and Jordan McLean, but could see the Cowboys had identified their weaknesses from 2018 and were on the right track to bounce back strongly.

“There’s been a fair shakeup in terms of their personnel and they’ve identified areas they were deficient in and been quite vocal about that,” Parker said of North Queensland.

“Last year was just a case of holding on to the same group for too long. We saw that with some of the players they let go.

“With their changes, I see them improving pretty much straightaway.”

As for the Titans, Parker said this is the year he hopes to see them reach their potential.

The former Bronco said he could always see the Gold Coast as a side that never gave up, but like Brisbane, they needed to find consistency.

He said the recruitment of Mal Meninga as the club’s head of performance and culture, plus the signings of Shannon Boyd and Tyrone Peachey, would only put the team in good stead.

“It shows they want to keep improving themselves,” Parker said.

“The playing group that were there last year showed on their best day they can match it with anyone.

“It’s a matter of them finding their balance. With the guidance of some new influences around the group, hopefully they can do that.”
    Spot on, Corey!

Inactive User

Parker is off his head
    There were a number of games last year where our blokes rolled over and it happened in 2017 too
    It was Hayne’s gift to our culture

Player and Ex-players rarely watch the games they aren't being paid to watch or commentate on. Opinions are typically based on other peoples sentiments.

You'd think that people paid to call or opin the games would consider it part of their professional obligations to watch all the matches.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Quote Originally Posted by DIEHARD View Post
    You'd think that people paid to call or opin the games would consider it part of their professional obligations to watch all the matches.
    That's exactly right. They do. I'm perplexed at the amount of negativity on here!

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    That's exactly right. They do. I'm perplexed at the amount of negativity on here!
    It's just my sensitive soul aching. They don't watch all matches. Not negative just facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny86 View Post
    Waiting to here from darius if he’s playing before I take the day off and get tickets. Grandstand already sold out
    I thought $50 a seat for a trial was a bit rich so looks like I am standing. Maybe if I flash my disabled sticker someone may give me their seat. ��

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    It's just my sensitive soul aching. They don't watch all matches. Not negative just facts.
    Lol JB. Unless the ex player being paid to critique a teams upcoming season is a member of that very organisation...all they can base an assesment on is what? The evidence provided, like.....who the team has on their books this year, how their preperation is going, the draw (all that time on the road at the beginning of last year won't be missed this year)......

Surely, just like you or I...Corey could weigh up all the evidence and come to his own conclusion. Just because it's reasonably positive (and he's an ex stinkin' bronco) doesn't mean he's wrong/didn't do his due diligence before writing his opinion.

As for ex players that are now paid to comment on weekly games through newspapers, television and social media not watching games they're not paid to watch......how could you possibly know that for a fact. Sounds more like a bold assumption.

Just sayin'

Ruan Sims jumps to mind. But others have stated they don't watch all the games (especially players), I would suggest commentators may find it difficult to watch all the games given their off field commitments etc straight after a game when another starts. Coreys comments above are the equivalent to sitting on a fence and stating the bleeding obvious. Bloke off the street or Corey could have said the same thing.

I'm happy that you're shaking your pom poms for the team. I keep thinking that Titanic should get onto you regarding the podcast.

Inactive User

Over the last two seasons us members and fans have had to cop some disgraceful wallopings that have embarrassed our community.
    It’s a key point that needs addressing and Parker is trying to be a populist and his asserting something so untrue is damaging.
    The current playing group have from time to time turned it up and it must be confronted Not glazed over.
    Rose Coloured Glasses is not what’s required.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Ruan Sims jumps to mind. But others have stated they don't watch all the games (especially players), I would suggest commentators may find it difficult to watch all the games given their off field commitments etc straight after a game when another starts. Coreys comments above are the equivalent to sitting on a fence and stating the bleeding obvious. Bloke off the street or Corey could have said the same thing.

I'm happy that you're shaking your pom poms for the team. I keep thinking that Titanic should get onto you regarding the podcast.
    Mate....I'm going to need new flags and pom poms before kick off in round one hahaha!!! I wish more people on here were a little more forthright in their support. It seems the majority of people posting on here want to revel in disappontment and fly the victim flag....all in the name of, "Don't get excited, because it could turn out bad and we will get upset".

I have a couple of mates that are Titans supporters that say they wouldn't bother joining up here because it's so negative. I'm trying to change that perspective...but truth be told.....I could use some help. There should be so much more positivity around, especially at this time of year. Is anyone with me???

If we are positive now, and later we fail...that's our cross to bear, and we'll deal with it just fine. But for some on here to encourage others (I'm not saying you, mate!) to not get excited, post positively and skite ourselves up.....I don't get that at all.

To sacrifice hope and expectation for continuous misery and playing the victim card is so sad.

It's a new year. Screw the past. Go the Titans!!

^^^That would have made a good membership drive catchcry!

Love the optimism, positive vibes and the articles you're posting, keep it up.

Inactive User

It’s a Forum. We don’t have the history of the Melbourne Storm. Our forum accurately reflects our past history and the challenges we face. In summary-It’s a Forum.

Appreciate the articles and the opinions of everyone. There’s a Catch 22 in preaching positivity by having a go at others.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 13-02-19 at 01:18 PM.