Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 LastLast
    Inactive User

good call MT, don’t get me started on Peats/Rein both being on the field. An ego needs to suck it up and cop playing QCup.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 03-03-19 at 11:29 AM.

Overall i'm happy with the effort. the good news is they scored all bar one try in the exact same hole so that should be a focus point and fixed prior to the season beginning.

Ash looked pretty good and the sight of him chasing his own grubber - and looking QUICK - was great to see. He also tried to burn someone on the short side with pace which i cant ever recall him doing, so i think he is feeling confident in his fitness and speed again.

Arrow was awesome as usual, Proctor looked VERY interested and committed, MOFO and Boyd are two big bodies who crash the line and i loved it.

Carty was.... more than solid i thought. His contact was strong, he was committed in defence and made some good aggressive reads, his flicks worked more often than not, and i still reckon he has 30-40% more to give once he gets a few games under his belt.

Does this get him the 12 for round 1.... tough to stay. im on record saying if he produced a good effort like he did last night that he had earned it and James is much better in middle anyways, but worst case he starts from bench with James on the edge, then Carty comes on and plays 50 odd minutes while James rotates through the middle giving our props a rest. that is a palatable situation for me. either way i think Carty has done more than enough to make the 17.

Couple of things from the interviews i heard and read yesterday - Wallace said Ash was right up with Peats all pre season in all the fitness runs and stuff showing he really is giving it his best and back to elite level fitness, and Garth said Don 'still has a chance' and can win back his jersey for round one... indicating is it Lee's at the moment and Don is third in the pecking order. im ok with that.

- - - Updated - - -

also - love that Jersey, but combined with the white shorts is too much white. Is a great away kits, but would love to find a way that it can be used to look more like us for home games

Bods, just a bit of info from yesterdays parking. Not sure if they'll do it all season however, if you drive into the train carpark and turn into the lower parking area and head to the back the Robina Raptors had their carpark open for cars for a $5 donation to the club. Gates don't close till the last car is out. You can actually access the ground by walking down the length of their field and walking nder the train tracks and you end up at the northwestern end of the CBus. Way better than doing the zombie walk at the end of a game and walking up and over past the buses and trains.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Bods, just a bit of info from yesterdays parking. Not sure if they'll do it all season however, if you drive into the train carpark and turn into the lower parking area and head to the back the Robina Raptors had their carpark open for cars for a $5 donation to the club. Gates don't close till the last car is out. You can actually access the ground by walking down the length of their field and walking nder the train tracks and you end up at the northwestern end of the CBus. Way better than doing the zombie walk at the end of a game and walking up and over past the buses and trains.
    Thanks heaps JB. That’s really interesting and potentially very exciting. I’m well familiar with the Zombie Walk that you speak of.

First Grader

Interesting comments about rein, also peach with regards to when he moved to the middle. I think brimson will get that 14 jersey, peach will be moved to 13 to give arrow a rest and gordon will move to centre. Arrow got burnt out towards the end of last season so i definitely feel he will be getting more of a rest this year

Although i wouldnt mind if brimson went back to qcup for a week or two and we played with a 4 forward bench rotation to see how that went.

I'd prefer a player to replace a player without a massive reshuffle to fit them in.

yeah that seems a lot of shuffling to give Arrow a rest - especially seeing as in that press conference Garth was saying that Arrow is one who can play 80.

We have James, Wallace, Arrow, Proctor, Carty who can all play big minutes, maybe Wallace not as much as the other guys. But it's only really Boyd and Mofo that will need good spells, so i think a 3 forward bench is ok, and then Rein coming on for his speed. I know we haven't solved the Peats / Rein on field at same time thing, but unless there is injuries I think just having one of them on at any time is the preferred option.

I don’t want to see Peachey moved around unless it’s him roaming around. Nor do I want to see others like that unless from injury. Let’s make some hard decisions instead of just fitting players in. Peachey’s not a middle and we have those covered. It boils down to AJ or Rein for 14 and I’ll plump for AJ with Rein starting ... Peats hasn’t shown enough.

1. Gordon
    2. Don
    3. Peachey
    4. Kelly
    5. Sami
    6. Roberts
    7. Taylor
    8. Boyd
    9. Rein
    10. James
    11. Cartwright
    12. Proctor
    13. Matthews ... just kidding Arrow :-)
    14. Brimson
    15. Wallace
    16. MoFo
    17. King
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

^^^ Pretty much agree with your team T, especially picking one of the hookers in the 17. The only change I'd make is Lee for Don. I have given Lee a bit of stick on here recently but I thought he went well on Saturday and offered a bit more than Don. Nothing in it though.
    A big test for Brennan when he picks the team in regard to the hookers because it was plainly obvious last year that playing the two of them did not work. Another hard choice will come soon when Brimson demands a starting spot.

I think the starting team we saw on Saturday will be the final team except James into 12 and Cartwright to the bench.

1. Michael Gordon

2. Brenko Lee

3. Tyrone Peachey

4. Brian Kelly

5. Phillip Sami

6. Tyrone Roberts

7. Ash Taylor

8. Jarrod Wallace

9. Nathan Peats

10. Shannon Boyd

11. Kevin Proctor

12. Ryan James

13. Jai Arrow

14. Mitch Rein

15. Moeaki Fotuaika

16. Max King

17. Bryce Cartwright

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I think the starting team we saw on Saturday will be the final team except James into 12 and Cartwright to the bench.

1. Michael Gordon

2. Brenko Lee

3. Tyrone Peachey

4. Brian Kelly

5. Phillip Sami

6. Tyrone Roberts

7. Ash Taylor

8. Jarrod Wallace

9. Nathan Peats

10. Shannon Boyd

11. Kevin Proctor

12. Ryan James

13. Jai Arrow

14. Mitch Rein

15. Moeaki Fotuaika

16. Max King

17. Bryce Cartwright
    I really like this team going forwards.

If I was coach when AJ is back up and running, I would move him to FB, move Gordon to wing (Sami reserve grade). Let Gordon teach AJ how to play FB and swap when required.

I know a lot of people on here wouldn't like Sami dropped, but I think having Mick on the field really improves our game. He's calm, takes so much pressure off Ash in goal kicking, and is vocal out the back.

Inactive User

Have we now filled every spot on our list for this year?

Immortal

No mate, still one spot free

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Have we now filled every spot on our list for this year?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    No mate, still one spot free
    Thanks mdrew. I wonder how much money we have in the cap for this remaining spot.
    Anyone care to speculate???