Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Who is treymain spry?

Broncos:
    1. Darius Boyd (c), 2, Corey Oates, 3. James Roberts, 4. Jack Bird, 5. Jamayne Isaako, 6. Sean O’Sullivan, 7. Kodi Nikorima, 8. Matt Lodge, 9. Andrew McCullough, 10. Joe Ofahengaue, 11. Alex Glenn, 12. David Fifita, 13. Matt Gillett. Interchange: 14. Kotoni Staggs, 15, Jaydn Su’A, 16. Thomas Flegler, 17. Shaun Fensom, 18. Patrick Carrigan, 19. Jake Turpin, 20. Richie Kennar, 21. Gehamat Shibasaki, 22. Tom Dearden.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pumped for this game now. Even if it's only a trial. First 15 mins should be interesting to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Who is treymain spry?
    Big lump of a young centre I think from Ipswich ... got some minutes last weekend and after a poor first carry partially redeemed himself ... has potential but others will know more.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Close to the side we have all predicted minus James, AJ and possibly Hipgrave. A few interesting selections with Lee over Don and Cartwright in the 12 (if he has a good second trial he may lock down that possibly?). In one sense I like Lee over Don as he is younger and makes more metres (including post contact) which starts our sets off well. But dropping Don is tough as he scores tries that should be impossible to score, and he is as safe as houses under the high ball. At least we finally have options and although they are tough calls to make, no one is safe in the 17 anymore with the fantastic depth we have.

Going to be a great game and will give us an indication of how we are looking this year against an almost full strength Donkeys side. Also still have two of our most important players in AJ and James to come back into the side though too which is great.

I always said don was a good re signing last year, but that i hoped he got replaced before then end of his deal, not because i don't like him - I love The Don - but because it would show we are making actual progress with depth and talent. a bit like Nathan Ross at Knights who is a cult hero, but only in a lowly ranked team. So if Brenko has earned that spot through training and dedication to his fitness then good on him, and that's a good sign for us.

As for Carty - If he shows something this week then i hope he starts in the 12 and James stays in the front row rotation to keep it super strong. Imagine always having 2 of James / Wallace / Mofo / Boyd on through the front with Arrow backing it up from lock. Wallace is almost the powder puff in that group and maybe the weakest link based on form last year ( I think he bonces back to 2017 form this year ) and he is a current QLD rep... we have basically had kids and reserve graders as backup props for last few years so this is a HUGE improvement for us and i cant wait.

I think this team named with James in front row and Boyd coming off bench, plus AJ in for Gordon at some point i think once he is fit is probably my perfect team ( AJ can of course play 6 if Ash or Tyrone don't fire ).

will make sure im at CBUS this week to watch - both teams named near full strength so its almost like a bonus derby,

Shows how short we are in the second row stakes. I see Rhyse Martin isn't going to make first grade for the start of the season. Maybe some wheeling and dealing could happen behind the scenes.

Inactive User

I’ll be incredibly surprised if Cartwright the embarrassment and disgrace that he is mans up to the point where he’s a regular starting 13 player. We’ve all seen his character exposed when he twice expertly sidestepped making a tackle.
    Something never before seen in top level sport before.
    I desperately would like to eat my words and gladly will.
    In the meantime I wouldn’t be factoring him into our plans he can just kick back and collect $600k of our hard earned like he did last year and laugh at every one of us.

Did Rhyse Martin get caught with Pay’s sister? He would be my first choice in that club of pussies.

Don not out, it’s a trial and Proctor's not safe either I reckon. We’ve got the tackling machine Matthews.

As much as I’m looking forward to this weekend it’s only a trial ... anyone else worried about showing our hand too early or injuries? Lol ... just kidding, I’ll be back in China Friday and can watch at a reasonable time ... bring it on!
    Last edited by Titanic; 27-02-19 at 10:43 PM.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Did Rhyse Martin get caught with Pay’s sister? He would be my first choice in that club of pussies.

Don not out, it’s a trial and Proctor's not safe either I reckon. We’ve got the tackling machine Matthews.

As much as I’m looking forward to this weekend it’s only a trial ... anyone else worried about showing our hand too early or injuries? Lol ... just kidding, I’ll be back in China Friday and can watch at a reasonable time ... bring it on!
    Trials to me give me nerves. If you play poorly or get injuries (EG v NZ in NZ a couple of years ago) it can derail your season before it begins.
    If you play well and have a good win it can be fools gold.
    I just want it out of the way with no dramas.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Cartwright in the 12 (if he has a good second trial he may lock down that possibly?)
    No no no. He has to be light years away from a second row starting spot. Those two spots MUST be able to tackle and do it consistently. I want him to do well but not in the 11 or 12.

Couple of rookie 2nd rowers in the waiting

Am I the only one which likes the idea of RJ playing second row for 80min?

Props: Shannon Boyd, Jarrod Wallace
    2nd Row: Ryan James, Kevin Proctor
    Lock: Jai Arrow

Bench: Mofo, King/Stockwell, Hipgrave/Cartwright, Rein

Backups: Boyle, Mathews

Think it is pretty well balanced forward pack with some grunt, x factor and mongrel.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Am I the only one which likes the idea of RJ playing second row for 80min?

Props: Shannon Boyd, Jarrod Wallace
    2nd Row: Ryan James, Kevin Proctor
    Lock: Jai Arrow

Bench: Mofo, King/Stockwell, Hipgrave/Cartwright, Rein

Backups: Boyle, Mathews

Think it is pretty well balanced forward pack with some grunt, x factor and mongrel.

You are most certainly not alone. I’ve spruiked it plenty of times.

I wouldn’t have Proctor in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    You are most certainly not alone. I’ve spruiked it plenty of times.
    I really like it, think it will make our halves more comfortable when defending as well

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I wouldn’t have Proctor in the team.
    I agree I am not the biggest fan of Proctor, but we need someone to really step up ... Really hoping Cartwright or Hipgrave take this opportunity to give it a red hot crack.