Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Awesome can watch from China
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

So here’s our squad to play Nth Qld

1. Jesse Arthars
    2. Anthony Don
    3. Brenko Lee
    4. Brian Kelly
    5. Phillip Sami
    6. Dylan Phythian
    7. Tyrone Roberts
    8. Jack Stockwell
    9. Mitch Rein
    10. Moeaki Fotuaika
    11. Bryce Cartwright
    12. Will Matthews
    13. Max King

14. Christian Hazard
    15. Morgan Boyle
    16. Jai Whitbread
    17. Leilani Latu
    18. John Palavi
    19. Darius Farmer
    20. Jaxson Paulo
    21. Kai O’Donnell
    22. Ben Thomas
    23. Ioana Seiuli
    24. Kea Pere
    25. Treymain Spry
    26. Jacob Hind

Be interested in hearing a bit of info about some of the Interchange Players.

There’s some serious new blood in there.

The cyclone off the Coast is expected to dump over 200mls by Saturday. If its played in heavy conditions it will not be much of a guide.

Inactive User

I have a faint memory of the Haas Family saying some rank things about our club which was strongly disputed by our management. I’d suggest that due to the events of today we come out with the credibility and once again our club has been vindicated whilst the Drongoes once again are covered in faeces and spew.

So anyway I just googled it and the Haas Family claimed we banned him from training with Keebra Park which Jamie Matthiou (whom is a person of impeccable character) emphatically denied. The Drongoes in their despicableness and megalomania would have been behind the lies.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 20-02-19 at 05:22 PM.

Roberts set to partner Taylor in Titans halves

Tony Webeck
    NRL.com

Wed 20 Feb 2019, 04:30 PM

Tyrone Roberts looks certain to reunite with Ash Taylor in the halves in round one after being named captain of a young Gold Coast team to play North Queensland in Saturday's trial at Sunshine Coast Stadium.

Roberts, the Preston Campbell Medallist in last Friday's Harvey Norman All Stars game, is eager to return to action after spending the last 12 months in Super League.

Star recruits Tyrone Peachey and Shannon Boyd will wait until next week to make their pre-season debuts for the club.

Regular first-graders Ryan James, Nathan Peats, Kevin Proctor, Jarrod Wallace and Michael Gordon were also not named to face the Cowboys.

Roberts will partner Dylan Phythian in the halves.

Phythian, a former Newcastle utility, is among a number of players hoping to prove to coach Garth Brennan they deserve one of the two remaining spots on the 2019 roster.

Bryce Cartwright will start in the second row and Brenko Lee and Brian Kelly in the centres, with former Rabbitoh Jesse Arthars named at fullback.

Taylor and AJ Brimson participated in training on Wednesday in the pink bibs that minimise how much contact they are allowed to have following shoulder surgery. Former Storm half Ryley Jacks is still restricted by an elbow injury.

Those restrictions left Brennan with few fit options in the halves for Saturday.

You learn a lot more from playing with the players alongside you than training

In his second season with the Titans in 2017, Roberts played in the halves, at fullback, hooker and off the bench but intends to use the pre-season to establish his place at the scrum base.

"I'm training at half so that's where my head is at, at this stage," explained Roberts, who combined with Taylor in his rookie season to take the Titans to the finals in 2016.

"I can't think of round one yet. We've still got three-and-a-half weeks left of training and trials. When that comes [Brennan] will pick the best side, that's his job as coach.

"I'd rather play than train. All Stars was a great game, a great week and a great celebration of two cultures and I was happy to play.

"We had made a decision even before All Stars, that I was going to play in all the trials. Garth just said he'd manage me to get me through it.

"You learn a lot more from playing with the players alongside you than training. I wanted to play and to be captain is a bonus."

There are four players lining up alongside Roberts on Saturday who were there for his last game for the Titans in Round 26, 2017, the squad younger and deeper than when he left to play for Warrington.

There are not only spots in the team for round one but contracts up for grabs and the 27-year-old has no doubt that such depth will transfer to strong results during the season.

"There are a lot of boys who are training hard and injury free," Roberts said on Wednesday.

"There's a lot of youth and a lot of people that are hungry. They want to play and train hard."

Saturday's match will start at 5pm.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/20/...titans-halves/
    Psmitty

Inactive User

^^^^ now those comments by The Termite are very encouraging indeed. Those quotes are perfect as opposed to The insidious stuff he Fed Badel last time he was one of us.

Agree with that Bodsie and I reckon we should remember the system he was under then too.

QLD Cup

Lots of names in there I don't recognise. Any bolters in that group?

Cartwright 2.0 would want to stand out amongst those names he's playing with rain or shine

Hopefully won’t be to wet I’ll be going to watch the game helps when you get free tickets as wel

Cows have got a decent forward pack playing.

Junior

Not much rain so far, just a tad windy.

At the training session this morn bloody windy

Today's trial match against the Cowboys will be live-streamed at titans.com.au from 4:45pm.

Tune-in to see the side in action for the first time in 2019.

▶️ https://www.titans.com.au/news/2019/...this-saturday/

PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER