Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2019 NRL Draw

The draw is really awful... the only redeeming factor is the home Broncos game coincides with my largest Chinese group.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by timor 2 View Post
    So for the game against the Sharks at Suncorp do we still pay if we are full season members?
    I thought that there was only 11 games with a season membership when I signed up a month back. That would mean that this one wouldn't be included. Hoping I'm wrong though...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Well this is a situation where I’d be wanting the Members Alliance to step up on our behalf because this Thursday Cronulla Suncorp situation is totally unacceptable.
    It must be moved back to ROBINA.
    Hi Bods... As you know the draw is NRL and Ch 9 / Fox driven and not driven by clubs etc. Clubs can put forward requests to have games played a certain times , however all requests can't be accommodated. Last year we had good time slots due to the prior year the Titans spent a lot of time on the Road Darwin / Perth.... In 18 we ,like the Suns were impacted by the Comm Games so we received some good time slots but not all ( we can't have everything ) . Also remember the time slots we get in the draw is dependant on the amount of viewers we get the prior year and the draw for 19 reflects mainly where the viewers we drew to watch either on FTA or Pay TV. I think that Parra Stadium will be done for next year so its fair that games at this Brand New Stadium receive good time slots. ( not that I agree ) . It is fair to say that should Titans have a good year in 19 the time slots we get in 20 should be better. Remember this year the Cows had Thurstons last game as an away game....No NRL favours for the Cows in this instance either. The draw is what it is and we have to get out as best we can in 19 and support the team.

On the Cronulla game we now know that we are only paying membership for 11 home game and this game is not included. This game is part of the NRL initiative of the Super Weekend to be held at Suncorp. I agree it would be nice to have the game at CBUS , however once again this is an NRL plan not a Titans plan. Remember that all 16 clubs will play at Suncorp that weekend as well so all clubs other than Donkies will be affected as well. Not sure if true I thought I read some where that the Total gate takings for that weekend will be distributed to the 16 clubs evenly after costs. So if true could mean that we make money on that game rather that loose money.
    Please know that the Alliance had passed on the concerns that you have as I have the same concerns as well and that is all we can do. Its up to Darryl etc to push that cart not the Alliance.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

^^^ thanks for the reply and passing along the concerns.
    The attendance at that game will be awful

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Hi Bods... As you know the draw is NRL and Ch 9 / Fox driven and not driven by clubs etc. Clubs can put forward requests to have games played a certain times , however all requests can't be accommodated. Last year we had good time slots due to the prior year the Titans spent a lot of time on the Road Darwin / Perth.... In 18 we ,like the Suns were impacted by the Comm Games so we received some good time slots but not all ( we can't have everything ) . Also remember the time slots we get in the draw is dependant on the amount of viewers we get the prior year and the draw for 19 reflects mainly where the viewers we drew to watch either on FTA or Pay TV. I think that Parra Stadium will be done for next year so its fair that games at this Brand New Stadium receive good time slots. ( not that I agree ) . It is fair to say that should Titans have a good year in 19 the time slots we get in 20 should be better. Remember this year the Cows had Thurstons last game as an away game....No NRL favours for the Cows in this instance either. The draw is what it is and we have to get out as best we can in 19 and support the team.

On the Cronulla game we now know that we are only paying membership for 11 home game and this game is not included. This game is part of the NRL initiative of the Super Weekend to be held at Suncorp. I agree it would be nice to have the game at CBUS , however once again this is an NRL plan not a Titans plan. Remember that all 16 clubs will play at Suncorp that weekend as well so all clubs other than Donkies will be affected as well. Not sure if true I thought I read some where that the Total gate takings for that weekend will be distributed to the 16 clubs evenly after costs. So if true could mean that we make money on that game rather that loose money.
    Please know that the Alliance had passed on the concerns that you have as I have the same concerns as well and that is all we can do. Its up to Darryl etc to push that cart not the Alliance.
    Great reply BT, a good reminder to all that the club can only do so much in regards to the draw and as you state if the team was drawing big crowds then we would get better times slots.
    As for the super round, we are looking to make a weekend of it and come down from CQ for the entire round. It will cost a bit but the chance to see that many live games in one weekend is fantastic. Yes it will be inconvenient for some to get to the Titans game on a Thursday night and back to the coast but so what. I used to drive down to every home game at Carrara from the Sunny coast including the horrid Monday night games but I did it because I wanted to show my support, not whinge about an inconvenient time slot.

I think the club was transparent about 11 games for membership ... my renewal notice stated 11 games. On the Magic Weekend I think they either believed our fixture was the worst of the weekend or they reckon, as I do, that two of the top teams will be playing. I’m feeling more positive about this coming season ... pity about the jersey lololol.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

good on you ozy, nice little dig there while giving yourself a wrap.
    If our game draws on The Thursday even a measly 10k then I’ll come back and declare how right and righteous you were.
    I’m pretty confident the vast majority of members/fans don’t rate this stand alone Thursday affair.

Five key matchups of the Titans' 2019 draw

Video: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/10/25/...ans-2019-draw/
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER