Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Mat Petersen

Quote Originally Posted by shavenjas
    Mate i don't think he has done enough to be talked up like that, thats a pretty good rap for a reserve grader!!!!!
    Being talked up like what? I simply put the facts there, there is nothing over the top about my statement all. I beleive you're the one going over the top about how much of a poor signing he is.

Mate i don't think he has done enough to be talked up like that, thats a pretty good rap for a reserve grader!!!!!

Hehe I sense some serious fishing going on here.....

Anti-Peterson posts poppong up all over the place.... :hmm:

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Junior Titan

Im just saying that i dont think peterson should have been signed maybe a good fast young local winger would have been better, i dont think peterson will last the hole 2007 season in first grade and he has wasted some of our salary cap. As for a centre a guy like Paul whattatira (if thats how it is spelt)
    he is my kind of player all heart.
    I also think we should go for young local talent. My dream for the titans is to have centers and wings that can run under or around the 10 sec mark for the 100 . All running off prince and we go home from each game 40 to 50 nill up :michaelan

Default peterson

Well Gee, who ever you are that is a pretty soft statment i think what you are tring to say is that you don't want peterson is this true?

Default peterson

To answer your question if i have seen many peterson games i afraid fox sports does not show reserve grade on tele!!!!!!

Junior Titan

Well Gee, who ever you are that is a pretty soft statment i think what you are tring to say is that you don't want peterson is this true?
    well it looks like he will be playing for the titans so hope he go's well. but i would like to see more yonger player's in the titans

Default peterson

Quote Originally Posted by Gee
    well it looks like he will be playing for the titans so hope he go's well. but i would like to see more yonger player's in the titans
    peterson is useless

Matthew Petersen is a solid NRL winger capable of getting more playing time in the NRL if he was not playing in a team that boasts Eric Grothe Jnr. and Luke Burt. I could make a case to say Petersen is perhaps the better all-round player when comparing to Burt though with Burt's goal kicking, he is not going to get a start unless there is an injury any one of the back three.

Time to dispell the "myth" that he is old...

For crying out loud, the guy is all of 26 years of age with plenty of rugby league left in him. 26 years of age is not old.

Matthew Petersen has always made the most of his limited opportunities with the Parramatta Eels since making his club debut in 2002. In 57 club appearances he has scored 36 times - that is comparable to a Matt King (47 appearances 30 tries) for example. That is a very good s/rate in what has been a finals bound team in each but one season he has been at the club.

I have the upmost faith in the recruiting skills of the coaching staff and Carty was most impressed when coaching this guy in late 2004 for the USA. I think Petersen can become a solid journeyman in the NRL when with the Titans and be our version of a Matt Geyer who has been improving with age.

Shanvenjas, we will need more than "Petersen is useless" and the other ramblings in this thread that serve no other purpose but to "bait" Titans fans.

Default peterson

Quote Originally Posted by DeeGan
    Matthew Petersen is a solid NRL winger capable of getting more playing time in the NRL if he was not playing in a team that boasts Eric Grothe Jnr. and Luke Burt. I could make a case to say Petersen is perhaps the better all-round player when comparing to Burt though with Burt's goal kicking, he is not going to get a start unless there is an injury any one of the back three.

Time to dispell the "myth" that he is old...

For crying out loud, the guy is all of 26 years of age with plenty of rugby league left in him. 26 years of age is not old.

Matthew Petersen has always made the most of his limited opportunities with the Parramatta Eels since making his club debut in 2002. In 57 club appearances he has scored 36 times - that is comparable to a Matt King (47 appearances 30 tries) for example. That is a very good s/rate in what has been a finals bound team in each but one season he has been at the club.

I have the upmost faith in the recruiting skills of the coaching staff and Carty was most impressed when coaching this guy in late 2004 for the USA. I think Petersen can become a solid journeyman in the NRL when with the Titans and be our version of a Matt Geyer who has been improving with age.

Shanvenjas, we will need more than "Petersen is useless" and the other ramblings in this thread that serve no other purpose but to "bait" Titans fans.
    Hey i never said Peterson was old and i am a titans fan but i have been reading these forums and everyone seems to be thinking no mater who we sign they are the best players in the world, i am just keeping it real, we have signed some great players (Scott Prince & Preston) but when i read about dream teams and having peterson as my dream winger cmon! there is still alot more players needed we have no centres a fullback, i hope peterson proves me wrong.

The Most Beautiful City In The World...Melbourne!!!

Well Shavenjas, when you become the man in charge of accounts and playing rosters and you decide that Peto is no good, I'll make sure I'm in charge of the same parts of the machine at the Storm and I'll gladly take the guy off of your hands...

Some people really need to base their arguments on better than "we need this..." or "we need that..." because they only hold up for so long. Put him at a lot of other clubs and not at Parra atm as mentioned and again you'd see the guy in 1st grade week after week...

"Remember in this game we call 'Life' that no one said it's fair!" - W.Axl Rose

Default peterson

Quote Originally Posted by J-Storm
    Well Shavenjas, when you become the man in charge of accounts and playing rosters and you decide that Peto is no good, I'll make sure I'm in charge of the same parts of the machine at the Storm and I'll gladly take the guy off of your hands...

Some people really need to base their arguments on better than "we need this..." or "we need that..." because they only hold up for so long. Put him at a lot of other clubs and not at Parra atm as mentioned and again you'd see the guy in 1st grade week after week...
    I would love to know how many other clubs have been chasing him sounds like the hottest winger that was on the market

and everyone seems to be thinking no mater who we sign they are the best players in the world
    Do not blanket all as one - it would be rather foolish to think as above. If we were after only the best in the world we would be over the cap and up the creek with out a paddle in our first season after Ian Schubert got hold of us.

Most Titans fans keep it "real" though recognise the signings made are either the "cream of the crop" or solid signings that will contribute to the team from the start.

The depth of the NRL competition does see alot of good capable first grade players running around in the lower grades giving established clubs depth - Petersen, Friend & O'Dwyer fit in to that catergory.

Prince, Bailey, Carney, Campbell & Laffranchi are established first grade players with at least three players (Prince, Bailey and Carney) labelled world class with Campbell (former Dally M Medal winner) and Laffranchi (premiership winning forward) amongst the best in their positions in the NRL competition.

Billy Johnstone is the best at what he does - end of story.

I'm not a big fan of "Side show Bob", but if he's been stuck playing premier league due to more talented players in front of him, it might give him the hunger he needs to work harder and prove himself as a regular first grader. We can hope at least. Lets hope he can stand up and play well for the Titans. I'm willing to give him a go, the same as any signing we have (First grader or not).
    :beer: :naughty:

Default peterson

Quote Originally Posted by TITANS007
    I'm not a big fan of "Side show Bob", but if he's been stuck playing premier league due to more talented players in front of him, it might give him the hunger he needs to work harder and prove himself as a regular first grader. We can hope at least. Lets hope he can stand up and play well for the Titans. I'm willing to give him a go, the same as any signing we have (First grader or not).
    My reason for giving Peterson a hard time is because i think alot of titans fans are making him out to be some kind of fantastic winger when so far he has spent most of his time in reserve grade, maybe he will be a good first grader but my thoughts from what i hve seen of him is that we could have got a better winger, this also goes for the hooker we got Nathan friend.

Source me one thread where Titans fans have made Peterson out to be
    some kind of fantastic winger

A solid grade winger yep - world class, nope - but then we cant afford to sign world class in every position and out of all of them winger is one where you can sign a good solid grade player.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....