Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mat Petersen

Default Mat Petersen

Well if this is not already the worst signing for 2007 there could only be one worse and that is if you brought back Adrian Brunker, what has this guy done for parramatta (NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!) what do you all think? im sure he will be a well known player in reserve grade. :hi:
    Last edited by shavenjas; 04-05-06 at 08:04 PM.

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

Peterson is not a bad player, he's got Luke Burt and Eric Grothe jnr in front of him at Parra. These 2 don't get injured a lot, that's why he's in premier league. He's had his ups and downs like any other player. Give the guy a go, he may not be the best player but he may surprise you.

I dont mind Peterson - he showed when he played against Aus for the USA that he has the potential to play well.

Will make a solid player who has two very good wingers in front of him at Parra.

Not the best winger, but definately not the worst. I think he is someone that can be relied on week in week out to get the job done - and that is what the Titans need in the inaugural season. The salary cap will only stretch so far.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

That is true Dakink..

Matt Petersen (Spelling peoples )... will prove to be a very useful player and from what I have seen from him in the games I saw him play last season.. he looks like he could do well..

I reckon a new club, a starting role and some good fitness training by Johnstone will ensure that Petersen is raring and ready to go come 2007, could be a surprise packet of good form that could help us do well..

Default peterson

The titans should not be looking for just a solid winger what do you think matt king will do to just a solid winger? we need to be getting the best wingers we can find and if Matt Peterson is the best they can find they need to look harder!!!!

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

I don't think the Titans have said he's the best they can find. Peterson was signed because he is a reliable winger looking for a permanent 1st grade spot. Who he has inside him at centre will probably make him look good.

Titan CEO

Quote Originally Posted by shavenjas
    The titans should not be looking for just a solid winger what do you think matt king will do to just a solid winger? we need to be getting the best wingers we can find and if Matt Peterson is the best they can find they need to look harder!!!!
    Well king plays in the centres....so king wouldnt do to much.

I dont think Petersen is too bad, not as bad as you make him out to be in your post shavenjas. He will do the job and im sure a change of club might work for him...

Carney on one Wing, Peterson on the other. Im comfortable with their ability against any other wing pairing in the NRL. The centres are a bigger concern looking at some of the pairings running around. Cooper & Gasnier, Berrigan & Hodges, just to name a few. Most of the centre pairings from the top teams are lethal.

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Peterson is a good player he has a lot of competition ahead of him at parra and i think john cartwright coached him in the usa and he seen hidden talent there. I agree with you Dakink centres have got to be a next priority

Default peterson

my point is we can't afford to have a team full of petersons we need more prince signings and also no more old blokes i think we need some tall fast wingers and centres. Peterson is small and not very fast and also soft in defence.

I have to ask you then shavenjas.. how on earth are we MEANT TO AFFORD these players?

You are saying Tall fast wingers and centres.. but I am sure judging by what you are saying you want quality.. and SALARY CAP will not allow that.. it is either tall fast youngsters with no experience and we hope they go ok in first season or above average seasoned players like Petersen.

Look at the list of signings that the Titans has already...

-Luke Bailey
    -Preston Campbell
    -Scott Prince
    -Brian Carney

Add to that the chasing of Robbie Mathers... and you have used up over half the salary cap... you can't expect the whole team of superstars.. that is WHY WE HAVE THE SALARY CAP... I am happy with what has been chosen.. and know this team will give it their all..

Default peterson

Im just saying that i dont think peterson should have been signed maybe a good fast young local winger would have been better, i dont think peterson will last the hole 2007 season in first grade and he has wasted some of our salary cap. As for a centre a guy like Paul whattatira (if thats how it is spelt)
    he is my kind of player all heart.

Fair enough on that note... however Whatiara and Lolesi are at the Tigers long term I think along with Marshall and NZ would love to hear that..

I think there will be some young wingers coming through.. but you don't want to throw them to the lions... you want them to develop and be good players... therefore I reckon a season in the lower grades will do them good... but therefore having a player like Petersen there is a plus... also I don't think Petersen would have been that much compared to others in the Salary cap.

I don't know Matt Petersen but I do know he is one of the hardest trainers at the Eels.. I have a friend who works where they do their fitness drills, and he is one of a few who works till the end... and he showed his usefulness at centre during some American games... so I will take him for now... lets see what comes up in the future and then we can decide...

How many games have you watched Peterson play? I would have him playing in the Eels first grade side any week over Burt. If Peto was to stay at the Eels next year with Smith gone he would get a run everyweek over Brians boy Burt.

I think he is a extremely handy signing for the money he is probably taking up under the cap. You claim you want a player with heart, well you have it in Peto! Always gives his all.

Default peterson

Mate i don't think he has done enough to be talked up like that, thats a pretty good rap for a reserve grader!!!!!