Page 19 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Mat Petersen

Quote Originally Posted by Teegy
    wouldn't it be more fair to let them go to whoever is providing the replacement?
    Yeah true, but what if there replacing a injured player ?

then that wouldn't matter. cause he wouldn't be playing for anybody while injured.

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Tweed: Will probably make the finals. Have a good youth system. If Barnes went, they would probably have the manpower to replace him.

Ipswich: Currently languishing near the bottom. If one of their good players left, it would relegate them to cellar dwellers.

Who would you give an experienced and fairly-good player to? Who would stand to gain the most? Even if Tweed lost Barnes, they would get over it.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Quote Originally Posted by The Original Idiot
    Tweed: Will probably make the finals. Have a good youth system. If Barnes went, they would probably have the manpower to replace him.

Ipswich: Currently languishing near the bottom. If one of their good players left, it would relegate them to cellar dwellers.

Who would you give an experienced and fairly-good player to? Who would stand to gain the most? Even if Tweed lost Barnes, they would get over it.
    id give it to the team promoting their player. because they have made the sacrific of losing a star player and they would be more capable of winning the comp and the money that comes with that which would overall help the titans

Well we will find out next year if Petersen gets dropped.

Default Shav

Well its back the Petersen thread, ive just got to say how good did Jason Taylor do, the first thing he did when he got the coaching job for Parra was drop Petersen and bring in Jarryd Hayne, how good is this kid, he is only 18yo and from what ive seen since he has been in 1st grade he is one of the best wingers going around. this was my point when i started this thread if i was the Titans i would have taken a chance on a young winger, im sorry to say it but Matt Petersen is dead wood for the Titans, just ask Jason Taylor.

92 - 93 - 97 - 98 - 2000 - 2006

He will be no more then a Q cup premier league player

Titan First Grade Squad The Original Idiot's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shavenjas
    im sorry to say it but Matt Petersen is dead wood for the Titans, just ask Jason Taylor.
    Heavens above! Jas can spell his name properly now! You have stated your opinions at lest 30 times in this thread jas, we get the point. Besides, no matter how good Hayne is (played awesomely last night, well done), his 2006 season will probably be remembered more for the scandal he was involved in, and players have been sacked for less than what Hayne did. The only thing I can say in defense of Petersen at this point in time is that he is not an idiot like Hayne and many of the others at Parra. We did sign the person before the player, after all, even if that player won't start for us.
    Last edited by The Original Idiot; 09-07-06 at 10:43 AM.
    Sig deleted. Please refer to the member guidelines for allowable sig sizes.

Petersen is having a good run in PL, and if you actually were interested in it you would know that...

Taylor has said he would be there in the starting line up after the last game against Canberra, but he has been really unlucky to have Hayne and Grothe there ahead of him and he is giving solid and decent performances for Parra ATM. I don't reckon he'll start for season 2007 due to lack of first grade time, but he will keep working and he is a worker... and it will be a long road for him, but I know having him there if he can stay in form even in the lower grades, will keep that whole backline on its toes for 2007....

Have I told you all about the fishermen story in the Social Forum ...?

For those that havent - try reading here;

http://www.titans.com.au//forum/showthread.php?t=3865

Welcome to Where Time Stands Still.....

Junior Titan

Quote Originally Posted by shavenjas
    Well its back the Petersen thread, ive just got to say how good did Jason Taylor do, the first thing he did when he got the coaching job for Parra was drop Petersen and bring in Jarryd Hayne, how good is this kid, he is only 18yo and from what ive seen since he has been in 1st grade he is one of the best wingers going around. this was my point when i started this thread if i was the Titans i would have taken a chance on a young winger, im sorry to say it but Matt Petersen is dead wood for the Titans, just ask Jason Taylor.

I have never read a more riduclous thread... Sorry... other than in the social bar... Did Bennett drop Hodges when he originally left Broncos... What other option does Taylor have but to invest in the future... The fact is Matt Peterson knows how to score a try... He's a good finisher... He may not start every game, but if he's the winger called in to replace a injury then a great replacement he is... The young blokes are being developed already mate... And in their time, they'll get their chance... I guarantee you, the last person to ask about 'our' line-up is Jason Taylor.

Default Shav

Quote Originally Posted by Brettymac
    I have never read a more riduclous thread... Sorry... other than in the social bar... Did Bennett drop Hodges when he originally left Broncos... What other option does Taylor have but to invest in the future... The fact is Matt Peterson knows how to score a try... He's a good finisher... He may not start every game, but if he's the winger called in to replace a injury then a great replacement he is... The young blokes are being developed already mate... And in their time, they'll get their chance... I guarantee you, the last person to ask about 'our' line-up is Jason Taylor.
    So you are telling me, he would be on the wing for Parra if he was not leaving the club, ahead of Groth & Hayne (dream dream dream!!!!!!)

92 - 93 - 97 - 98 - 2000 - 2006

Titan First Grade Regular Eel 33's Avatar

For those above, Jarryd Hayne was given the chance on the wing because JT has a massive wrap on the kid. And hasn't he delivered. It should be seen as a wake up call to Petersen that he won't have it all his own way when he arrives at the end of the year. He hasn't had a look in since. This can only be good for him and the Titans, a better performing Petersen will surprise a few of you.

Thanx to Steelers for the handywork!!!

I am a fan of Petersen. I don't see anything wrong with him to be honest. He's a great try-scorer, in one game a few years ago he scored 5 tries!
    The only reason he barely plays FG is because he's behind Burt (reliable winger and gk), Grothe (nsw winger) and Hayne (promising winger with alot of pottential..
    In reply to Eel 33, a performing Petersen will not surprise me. He performs every game he plays.