Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

I another one who felt like shoving my membership up where the sun don’t shine of a few players, but without our memberships we won’t have a club to support so will be renewing my four memberships our family currently hold.

I have faith that some of these juniors coming through we will have an exciting future I just hope Holbrook is the right man to lead the club

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    I another one who felt like shoving my membership up where the sun don’t shine of a few players, but without our memberships we won’t have a club to support so will be renewing my four memberships our family currently hold.

I have faith that some of these juniors coming through we will have an exciting future I just hope Holbrook is the right man to lead the club
    Not me. I can't justify spending another $1100 on memberships when I'm at the stage like now where I don't even want to go to games. At most I'll get a four game cheap membership. I'm just sick of giving yet another chance but if the players show something that resembles care then I'll be back full time.

It will be quite sad walking out of cbus on Saturday night not knowing when/if I'll be back after being a member since day 1.

I'll make the club a deal. If I win the boat I'll sign up again.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'll make the club a deal. If I win the boat I'll sign up again.
    LOL yeah be a few on here that could justify signing back up if they win the boat

To whom it may concern,

Now we have come to the end of the 2019 season, I wanted to take this opportunity to personally thank you, our Gold Coast Titans Members, for your on-going support of the Club this year.

There is no getting away from the fact that this season has been an extremely challenging and disappointing year.

We began 2019 with high levels of optimism and expectation, but it quickly became apparent that things were not working, and had to be fixed. Changes had to be made to create a Club and deliver results that Titans Members and fans deserve.

Since January, the Titans have gone through an extraordinary rebuild to ensure success on and off the field. Among these changes were:
    • The appointment of Steve Mitchell as Titans CEO
    • The role of Head of Football being absorbed into the brief of Head of Performance and Culture, Mal Meninga
    • The restructuring of the Football Department
    • The appointment of Justin Holbrook as Titans Head Coach for 2020, with more Football staff appointments to be announced shortly
    • The appointment of a new Head of Recruitment
    • The appointment of a new Head of Commercial Operations, one of four new appointments in the Club’s commercial division that will be completed in the next few weeks
    • The strengthening of our junior pathways programs, and our relationships with local clubs and high schools
    • Renewed emphasis on the recruitment and development of local juniors, headlined by the acquisition of players like Tanah Boyd and Toby Sexton, and the retention of players such as Moeaki Fotuaika
    • The establishment of the Club’s Values and Mission Statement, under the direction of Mal Meninga.

While the results from the NRL squad were not at the standard we expected in 2019, the Titans enjoyed major successes across various other areas of the business, particularly in the area of community support, where the Titans enjoy a “best in class” reputation for our dedication to our city and its people.

Among these major successes were:
    • The inaugural Titans Community Kick-In, which raised more than $60,000 for local charities and programs that support people in need on the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers of NSW
    • The Titans’ two feeder clubs, Burleigh Bears and Tweed Heads Seagulls, both making the semi-finals of the Intrust Super Cup competition
    • Success in our junior development systems, with Tweed Heads Seagulls winning the Under-18 Mal Meninga Cup in the Queensland Rugby League, and our Under-16 Northern Rivers Titans winning the Andrew Johns Cup in the NSW Rugby League
    • The best female rugby league talent in the region playing under the Titans banner for the first time, as more than 200 athletes applied to play in the inaugural Titan’s Women’s invitational match
    • The first competitive games for our league-leading Physical Disabilities Rugby League team, including a match against British touring side Wakefield Trinity
    • The creation of the inaugural Gold Coast Titans Under-14 Development Program for boys and girls
    • Gold Coast Titans' School to Work and Deadly Futures program participant Holly Summers named as the NRL Community Young Person of the Year
    • Acknowledging the contribution of rugby league’s local unsung heroes with the Titans Community Awards

These are all significant victories for the Titans, and for the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers communities that we are proud to serve.

They are also significant victories for you. As a Titans Member, you are a part of our family, and a contributor to the fantastic work that is being done in this club every single day.

In recent times, people outside the club has used the NRL team’s results as an excuse to criticise the Titans, our city and its people – saying the club should be relocated because the Gold Coast is not deserving of, or big enough to support, professional rugby league.

The Titans are not moving anywhere. We believe in this region and its people the same way they believe in us. We are Australia’s sixth-largest city. How dare anyone suggest that the Gold Coast is not worthy of an NRL club?

No one is happy with the team’s results this year, but the hard work and in-roads being achieved off the field are laying the foundations for that on-field success.

Further reasons for optimism are easy to find. In recent times, titans.com.au has featured articles about two of our rival clubs that are worth consideration for those who may be hesitating about renewing or becoming Titans Members in 2020.

The first was about the North Queensland Cowboys who, like the Gold Coast come from a rugby league heartland with a massive junior base.
    It took the Cowboys 10 years to play in their first finals series, and 20 years to win their first premiership.
    Next year will be the Titans’ 14th season in the NRL. The lesson from the Cowboys is one of patience.

The second story was about the Penrith Panthers who won the wooden spoon in 2001. But, just two years later on the back of a team built around local juniors, the Panthers won the 2003 NRL premiership.
    The lesson from the Panthers is that things can change in rugby league very quickly.

Success for the Titans will not be because of one individual, it will be because everyone put their shoulder to the wheel, and played their role.

By becoming a Titans Member in 2020, you will not only contribute to the revenue needed to fund our Community and Football programs, but you will send a message that the people of this city deserve to have an NRL team of our own – and that together we will achieve what the critics say is impossible.

We need you standing beside us, shoulder to shoulder, as we take on the giants of the competition for the pride of our city.

We need you to stand up to be counted, because we are counting on you.

I thank you again for you support of the Titans in 2019, and look forward to you standing with us in 2020.

Best regards,

Dennis Watt

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    To whom it may concern,

Now we have come to the end of the 2019 season, I wanted to take this opportunity to personally thank you, our Gold Coast Titans Members, for your on-going support of the Club this year.

There is no getting away from the fact that this season has been an extremely challenging and disappointing year.

We began 2019 with high levels of optimism and expectation, but it quickly became apparent that things were not working, and had to be fixed. Changes had to be made to create a Club and deliver results that Titans Members and fans deserve.

Since January, the Titans have gone through an extraordinary rebuild to ensure success on and off the field. Among these changes were:
    • The appointment of Steve Mitchell as Titans CEO
    • The role of Head of Football being absorbed into the brief of Head of Performance and Culture, Mal Meninga
    • The restructuring of the Football Department
    • The appointment of Justin Holbrook as Titans Head Coach for 2020, with more Football staff appointments to be announced shortly
    • The appointment of a new Head of Recruitment
    • The appointment of a new Head of Commercial Operations, one of four new appointments in the Club’s commercial division that will be completed in the next few weeks
    • The strengthening of our junior pathways programs, and our relationships with local clubs and high schools
    • Renewed emphasis on the recruitment and development of local juniors, headlined by the acquisition of players like Tanah Boyd and Toby Sexton, and the retention of players such as Moeaki Fotuaika
    • The establishment of the Club’s Values and Mission Statement, under the direction of Mal Meninga.

While the results from the NRL squad were not at the standard we expected in 2019, the Titans enjoyed major successes across various other areas of the business, particularly in the area of community support, where the Titans enjoy a “best in class” reputation for our dedication to our city and its people.

Among these major successes were:
    • The inaugural Titans Community Kick-In, which raised more than $60,000 for local charities and programs that support people in need on the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers of NSW
    • The Titans’ two feeder clubs, Burleigh Bears and Tweed Heads Seagulls, both making the semi-finals of the Intrust Super Cup competition
    • Success in our junior development systems, with Tweed Heads Seagulls winning the Under-18 Mal Meninga Cup in the Queensland Rugby League, and our Under-16 Northern Rivers Titans winning the Andrew Johns Cup in the NSW Rugby League
    • The best female rugby league talent in the region playing under the Titans banner for the first time, as more than 200 athletes applied to play in the inaugural Titan’s Women’s invitational match
    • The first competitive games for our league-leading Physical Disabilities Rugby League team, including a match against British touring side Wakefield Trinity
    • The creation of the inaugural Gold Coast Titans Under-14 Development Program for boys and girls
    • Gold Coast Titans' School to Work and Deadly Futures program participant Holly Summers named as the NRL Community Young Person of the Year
    • Acknowledging the contribution of rugby league’s local unsung heroes with the Titans Community Awards

These are all significant victories for the Titans, and for the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers communities that we are proud to serve.

They are also significant victories for you. As a Titans Member, you are a part of our family, and a contributor to the fantastic work that is being done in this club every single day.

In recent times, people outside the club has used the NRL team’s results as an excuse to criticise the Titans, our city and its people – saying the club should be relocated because the Gold Coast is not deserving of, or big enough to support, professional rugby league.

The Titans are not moving anywhere. We believe in this region and its people the same way they believe in us. We are Australia’s sixth-largest city. How dare anyone suggest that the Gold Coast is not worthy of an NRL club?

No one is happy with the team’s results this year, but the hard work and in-roads being achieved off the field are laying the foundations for that on-field success.

Further reasons for optimism are easy to find. In recent times, titans.com.au has featured articles about two of our rival clubs that are worth consideration for those who may be hesitating about renewing or becoming Titans Members in 2020.

The first was about the North Queensland Cowboys who, like the Gold Coast come from a rugby league heartland with a massive junior base.
    It took the Cowboys 10 years to play in their first finals series, and 20 years to win their first premiership.
    Next year will be the Titans’ 14th season in the NRL. The lesson from the Cowboys is one of patience.

The second story was about the Penrith Panthers who won the wooden spoon in 2001. But, just two years later on the back of a team built around local juniors, the Panthers won the 2003 NRL premiership.
    The lesson from the Panthers is that things can change in rugby league very quickly.

Success for the Titans will not be because of one individual, it will be because everyone put their shoulder to the wheel, and played their role.

By becoming a Titans Member in 2020, you will not only contribute to the revenue needed to fund our Community and Football programs, but you will send a message that the people of this city deserve to have an NRL team of our own – and that together we will achieve what the critics say is impossible.

We need you standing beside us, shoulder to shoulder, as we take on the giants of the competition for the pride of our city.

We need you to stand up to be counted, because we are counting on you.

I thank you again for you support of the Titans in 2019, and look forward to you standing with us in 2020.

Best regards,

Dennis Watt
    Interesting comment about the football department.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Interesting comment about the football department.
    Why? Hodges is gone so naturally they must replace him.

Inactive User

Fingers Crossed the Drongoes make Lodge Captain.
    I think it could result in us getting some quality people cross over and become Titans supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Fingers Crossed the Drongoes make Lodge Captain.
    I think it could result in us getting some quality people cross over and become Titans supporters.
    While it would be a public relations disaster if they make Lodge captain, I doubt people would change clubs because of it. I can't understand how people say they'd switch clubs if this or that happens. You follow a club for life, but maybe that's just me saying that as I grew up in the more tribalism type of supporting that was Sydney.

But yeah, Brisbane, go ahead and make him captain and show everyone just how far the club has fallen. But really, who cares what Brisbane does, we have enough issues of our own without worrying about that lot.

Inactive User

^^^^ my point was MT about growing the fan base. Not about my concerns for them. People that have been affected by violence against women or simply find it abhorrent might want to be interested more in us.
    Those people I would love to come onboard with us.

First Grader

Its a good point bods made, there is alot of people on the coast who support broncos then titans. Making him captain could definitly sway their allegiance along with us having a decent aeason

I think you're both clutching at straws. Just about every club has had a DV issue over the years and ours is or will be no different, as horrid as it is.
    Rather than gain supporters on the back of something like this, I'd rather our club just win games. Most things are in place except we have lousy players.

First Grader

Not clutching, just merely stating it could happen. Frankly i couldnt care if we got none of them, from expericence the majority are just turn coat glory hunters who would swap back the first sign of trouble.

But i do think you underestimate the distaste for lodge and what hes done

I'm with MT on this one. If I was in their place and didn't agree with a major decision our club made I would simply stop supporting the TItans. I wouldn't change my allegiance but rather stop supporting that club. My interest in the game may also wane. No Broncos supporter I work with would support the TItans regardless of what happens. They'll just hate on the club or in one case not renew their membership.

I reckon if Lodge is made captain...the most noise will come from the media. The broncos will then close ranks, turn inwards and use that media hate to help fuel an "us against everybody" mentality. By kick off next season...any of their upset fans will be over the initial distaste of it all and will simply want to win games at all costs.

If they string a few wins together at the start of the season...their propaganda department (which should be in full swing during the off season) will go into overdrive and their supporters will be in a froth mouthed frenzy...declaring Seibold their deliverer!!

I know staunch bronco supporters, the older generations, that like the idea of Lodge as captain...declaring that he has done his penance off the field and displays leadership qualities on the field. Younger generation bronco fans (which I always try to snare for the Titans) are simple minded folk that have been brainwashed from when they were little. They won't leave the broncos.