Thread: Dally Ms

Default Dally Ms

I'll admit I have a poor memory, and I didn't watch all the show last night, but I am wondering how Ash Taylor polled as many votes as he did.

Not denying RTS winning. Think that was well deserved.

But I struggle to recall many games where Ash was dominant and deserved points. Maybe there were games earlier in the year that I have forgotten and my memory is being clouded by his end of season form, but I could make a case for James, Arrow, Gordon and Don all having better, more consistent years. Even AJ, although he only played back end of season had more impact on those games than Ash.

Not writing off Taylor. He is the future of our club and I think when he matures and gets some consistency he will be a star. Just curious how he polled so well.

How many points did he get? Tried searching around but can't find anything. DIdn't watch it last night but looked at the results and there are a few "What!??!" in there for centre of the year, interchange player of the year. Even Prop of the year.

I think Taylor polled 16 or so votes. At one stage it was him and Aarow in the top Ten after 16 rounds.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Dally M awards are a joke anyway. But Ash started the season really well and was leading try assists for the comp until round 21 or 22. He didn't poll many votes after Origin 3 not surprisingly, and the same with Arrow who was playing busted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    How many points did he get? Tried searching around but can't find anything. DIdn't watch it last night but looked at the results and there are a few "What!??!" in there for centre of the year, interchange player of the year. Even Prop of the year.
    Think he got around 17 or 18. And yeah the team of the year was as usual laughable. Brooks halfback of the year over guys like Cronk, Leilua centre of the year over Mitchell and even Jazz Tevaga couldn't believe he was interchange player of the year.

Dally M’s are woefully out of touch. Leilua? FMD. RTS maybe but over Cook? I don’t think so and Tevaga? Not a chance. Some serious brown-nosing to the Kiwis there.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Josh Jackson and Leilua hahaha

Just saw a tweet that AJ ended up with 16 points including getting the 3 points four times.

Not bad considering he debuted in round 10, and was very quiet while finding his feet for the first 5 rounds.