Page 93 of 160 FirstFirst ... 43 83 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 103 143 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,395 of 2400
    Junior

Can anyone post that paywall article about Kallum Watkins in the bulletin??

Yeah cool looks like Kevie might be looking after one of his own.

Also, looks like Jai Arrow is just about to ramp up his rehab with access to innovative rehabilitation equipment which we should be able to catch on a channel 7 exclusive tomorrow night.
    Go Jai you Da Man

Ryan James getting in on that action as well but not sure if he’ll feature on the news anyway good news regardless
    Last edited by RavShamrock; 03-07-19 at 07:38 AM.

The man who could finally awaken the Titans

He’s got a winner’s mentality and that’s exactly what the Titans’ latest recruit hopes to bring to the Gold Coast.

TITANS recruit Kallum Watkins is confident the NRL will bring out the best of him as the England Test star vows to deliver his winner’s mentality to the Gold Coast.

The 28-year-old only touched down in Australia last Friday but has set his sights on adding a positive note to an otherwise forgettable campaign for the Titans.

After helping Leeds claim six Super League title across his 252 matches, Watkins is now ready to test himself against Australia’s best.

Yet his arrival comes just as Gold Coast are mired at 15th on the ladder and have now been rubbed out of finals calculations.

The 100kg centre says he will take “massive” inspiration from the successful relocation of English recruits like South Sydney’s Sam Burgess and Caneberra’s John Bateman.

“All those guys have done really well and it was expected of them because they are quality players,” Watkins said.

“We have a young team so for me it’s about integrating with them and getting the best out of myself.

“I always want to compete and want to win.

“I have always been part of a successful period with Leeds, winning trophies and winning big games.

“I want to help give that experience to the younger guys here.

“Hopefully the NRL will get the best out of me.”

Watkins admits he previously had opportunities to move to the NRL but says the Titans got their timing just right.

“During my time at Leeds I had such good fun and we had a really successful period; my time and my happiness was there,” he said.

“Things change and I felt like this was the perfect opportunity to come and compete in the NRL.

“To come to a club like Gold Coast with fantastic set-up and facilities and people, I’m just looking forward to it.

“Right now is an opportunity and I’m taking it with both hands.”

QLD Cup

Reporters are getting so lazy these days. The clip is on the Titans website and all those quotes are answers to leading questions - of course he will say those things. He could be the best player ever but it's not going to be good enough to awaken this team.

Sorry about the rant but journalism these days really grinds my gears.

Leeds have been wonderfully successful over recent years but the article doesn't mention that Watkins has been part of a Leeds team this year that is running equal last. At least he has transitioned to what he'll be part of here.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Yeah cool looks like Kevie might be looking after one of his own.

Also, looks like Jai Arrow is just about to ramp up his rehab with access to innovative rehabilitation equipment which we should be able to catch on a channel 7 exclusive tomorrow night.
    Go Jai you Da Man

Ryan James getting in on that action as well but not sure if he’ll feature on the news anyway good news regardless

Update - will be on 9 news tonight and 7 Friday

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Update - will be on 9 news tonight and 7 Friday
    If that is a story about him walking in a water tank it was on the local 9 news last night I thought - but I wasn't paying much attention.

There is no water tank Mt thats just an illusion….but he may walk on water lets see?

Jordan rapana anyone?

The winemaker on Triple M saying that Kurt Capewell and Manu Ma'u are trying to get here next season. He also says that the Peachey to Penrith deal has been sorted out for next season. Thoughts?

Here's a link: https://www.triplem.com.au/story/tit...evealed-142321

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    The winemaker on Triple M saying that Kurt Capewell and Manu Ma'u are trying to get here next season. He also says that the Peachey to Penrith deal has been sorted out for next season. Thoughts?
    Just listened to that. Great news if it comes off.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post

Here's a link: https://www.triplem.com.au/story/tit...evealed-142321
    Would take them both in a heartbeat. Why would they be trying to come to this dumpster fire though?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Would take them both in a heartbeat. Why would they be trying to come to this dumpster fire though?
    It’s called the Gold Coast aka The Beautiful Little City

Immortal

Ma’u no way, absolutely no way