Page 8 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 58 108 ... LastLast

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...b8642e80303379

Before it disappears....

Phil Gould has revealed the Titans offered to swap Tyrone Peachey for James Maloney recently
    Pamela Whaley, FOX SPORTS
    September 13, 2018 12:37pm

PANTHERS general manager Phil Gould has lifted the lid on Gold Coast’s recent bid to swap incoming star Tyrone Peachey with Penrith five-eighth James Maloney in 2019.

Speaking on his podcast Six Tackles with Gus, Gould gave incredible insight into a behind-the-scenes conversation in which the Titans attempted to lure Maloney north, allowing the Panthers to keep rising star Tyrone Peachey.

“The Gold Coast said, ‘We’re prepared to do a little bit of a trade. We wouldn’t mind having James Maloney at the Gold Coast, you can keep Tyrone Peachey and we’ll take James Maloney because we’d like a player of his experience’,” Gould said.

“I said, ‘James Maloney’s not for sale’. That wasn’t going to happen. It’s within their rights to make the inquiry. But Tyrone will honour his deal at the Titans.”

Maloney is in the first year of a three-year-deal with the Panthers, while Peachey has muddied the waters after hinting to a potential backflip on his deal with the Gold Coast that will start in 2019.

Peachey has signed a three-year-contract, but on Wednesday admitted to having doubts about whether he would leave the Panthers, before retracting his comments a short time later.

Although Gould said the 27-year-old representative utility would honour his contract, he said he told Maloney’s manager of the approach after knocking back the Titans’ inquiry.

“I spoke to (Maloney’s) manager just to let him know the inquiry’s come in,” Gould said.

“I refused it but I rang his manager and said, ‘Gold Coast Titans have made an inquiry about James Maloney, I’ve said no, I’m just letting you know they’ve shown some interest.’

“James has brought so many great things to our club. We’ve signed him for three years for a reason, and he’s only in the first year of that contract. I can understand the Gold Coast Titans too because they’re a young club on the rise, they’re within their rights to chase the player they think can help their club as well.

“I think other clubs know we’re going to run into salary cap issues over the next couple of years so that’s why they make approaches to Corey Harawira-Naera and those sorts of players. We’d like that to be in our control but by the same token we’re mindful that if our players are worth more money and other clubs are wiling to pay it and we can’t, we’ll look at that with a compassionate view.”

- - - Updated - - -

Stuff Gould........why did he have to tell the world..? If Peachey was having second thoughts, this doesn't help the cause.

Lets find out a time line on this, my guess would be that this enquiry came after the first whispers that Peachey wanted out, so we are within our rights to "lets make a deal"

Tyrone Peachey's manager recently tried to have his existing Titans contract extended, according to The Australian's Brent Read.

The new twist comes after Titans CEO Graham Annesley put his foot down and insisted that Peachey would honour his three-year deal, which runs from the start of the 2019 season until the end of 2021.

The issue was raised on Wednesday when Peachey stated that he wanted to renege on the deal, which was signed in March this year.

Read says the Titans have threatened to force Peachey to sit out of the NRL for three seasons if he doesn't wish to honour the deal.

"At the moment, he won't be going to another club in Sydney because the Gold Coast have said, 'You come to us, or you don't play anywhere,'" Read told Sporting News Australia.

"They've got a contract, a legally binding contract."

The fact that Peachey's manager, Sam Ayoub, has been looking to have his Titans deal extended only in the last few weeks is evidence that money is the only factor at play, according to Read.

"This whole situation's bizarre on many levels because earlier this week he sort of spoke about wanting to stay (at Penrith), then he comes out and says I'll honour my deal," Read added.

"It's all about money. His agent, in the last few weeks has been actually, rather than trying to get him out of his contract, he's been trying to extend his contract on the Gold Coast to get him more money.

"He's been trying to get the contract to extend from three to four years, chuck in a whole wad of money on the end, upgrade the first three years, that's what his agent's been talking to the Gold Coast about.

"The flipside of that is, it's almost like if you don't give him what he wants, we'll agitate to get him out.

"So, I mean, it's all about money."

The 27-year-old unexpectedly earned a State of Origin call-up in 2018.

Read believes his manager is trying to capitalise on the increase in Peachey's market value by beefing up a deal that had already been signed off on months earlier, or getting out of the deal altogether and signing a new contract which better reflects his current market value.

"That's a big part of it because, they did (the deal in March). And then he becomes an Origin player. I'm not goint to point the finger at Tyrone Peachey here," Read said.

"I think a large lot of this comes back to his agent. His agent's obviously done a deal that he knows now his client can get more money on the open market and he's tried to redress that by insinuating that maybe his client's unhappy.

"Good on the Gold Coast for digging their heels in and saying, 'No, mate, you're coming to us, or you're not playing football.'"

Given the recent uncertainty also surrounding the future of coaches on long-term contracts with their exisiting clubs, Read says how the Peachey saga plays out is crucial for the NRL.

"It's almost a line in the sand moment for the game, because we've had all the coaching contracting sagas going on, the Tigers dug their heels in over Ivan Cleary, it's a line in the sand moment for rugby league," Read said.

"You know how this stuff inevitably plays out, right? The bloke, if he genuinely doesn't want to go, he'll dig his heels in, they'll sort of reach a settlement of some description, the Gold Coast will get some cash, or a player out of it.

"But I think they've made it pretty clear that the way it stands right now, if he doesn't come, he doesn't go anywhere."

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    Off-contract Broncos winger Corey Oates has revealed that four clubs are interested in recruiting him, including the Dragons and Titans.

The 23-year old switched management mid-season which delayed contract talks, but now that Brisbane’s campain is officially over, negotiations are set to reopen.

And Oates confirmed that there was no shortage of suitors for his services.

“There’s obviously a few clubs out there that are interested,” Oates told League Life.

“It’s been a tough year for me with the contract and leaving my manager.

“That was something I didn’t think was going to escalate so much. I didn’t think it was going to drag on for as long as it did. That sort of surprised me a lot and shocked me.

“I haven’t really had many formal offers.”

Oates reportedly turned down a deal north of $800,000 per season from the Bulldogs, who were said to have offered him a spot in his preferred back row position.

But the Queensland Origin flyer has downplayed the offer.

“That was just an email with what they were looking at paying me and it was nowhere near what the papers were saying, I can tell you that much.

“But otherwise I haven’t really received any other formal offers from other clubs at the moment.”

Oates admitted to recieving previous interest from the rival Queensland clubs, but is unsure of who is currently in the market.

“There has been interest. Titans, I think yes. Cowboys, there was a bit of interest, but I think they’ve gone shopping elsewhere, I’m not too sure.

“It’s scary for me, but also exciting because I’m starting to feel like I’m getting a lot better with my football and preparing a lot better.

“It’s a big year coming up next year, and it’s a big part of your career (at age) 24, 25, 26.”

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.zerotackle.com/oates-rev...ing-him-36577/

- - - Updated - - -

Please nrl gods give us Corey Oates
    Honestly if we somehow got oates we would be completely setup across the board. A great mix of speed and size out wide!

I don't doubt the reporting but I wouldn't believe one thing Gould says ... he is made of bs.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I don't doubt the reporting but I wouldn't believe one thing Gould says ... he is made of bs.
    100%

Quote Originally Posted by 5 Year Contract View Post
    Honestly if we somehow got oates we would be completely setup across the board. A great mix of speed and size out wide!
    Centres, 2 of them
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Gold Coast CEO Graham Annesley tears into Tyrone Peachey over claims the Titans don’t support their players
    Peter Badel, The Courier-Mail
    September 13, 2018 7:00pm
    Subscriber only
    THE Tyrone Peachey saga has exploded, with Titans boss Graham Annesley blasting suggestions the club has welfare problems and warning the Coast won’t be “held to ransom” by the NSW Origin star.

As Peachey prepares for Friday night’s Penrith-Cronulla semi-final, a furious Annesley lashed the Panthers ace, accusing him of using family issues as a “diversionary tactic” to extract more money from the Titans.

The Peachey affair turned into a full-blown fiasco on Wednesday when the Penrith utility delivered public mixed messages over his commitment to joining the Titans in 2019.

Peachey initially told several reporters he wanted to stay at Penrith, only to backflip hours later, telling Channel 7: “I’ve got a contract on the Goldy and I’m heading up there.”

Two key issues are fuelling Peachey’s confusion over his Titans move.

One relates to welfare, with Peachey allegedly receiving information that the Titans don’t adequately cater for the off-field needs of partners and families of Gold Coast players.

The second concerns a $50,000 representative-football bonus clause which featured in Peachey’s Penrith deal for 2019.

When the Panthers agreed to release Peachey to the Titans in March, the rep-bonus clause was not written into his Gold Coast contract for next year.

Two months after inking the Titans deal, Peachey clinched his State of Origin debut for NSW.

Peachey recently admitted his wife had concerns about moving to the Gold Coast as they make plans for a second child, but Annesley scoffed at claims the Titans fail to provide support networks.

“Any suggestion that this is a welfare issue is an insult to our welfare staff who are recognised by the NRL as amongst the best in the game,” Annesley said.

“It’s also implausible that any genuine welfare issue would be raised publicly on the eve of one of the biggest games of Tyrone’s career.

“The reality is it’s nothing but a tactic to divert attention from the primary issue his manager has consistently raised with us over recent months, which is a demand for more money and a longer-term than he originally negotiated.

“How can anyone on one hand genuinely express concerns about coming, at the same time as demanding an extended term?

“My job is to protect the interests of the Titans.

“We will not be held to ransom just because someone now doesn’t like the terms they willingly agreed to six months ago.

“If we had simply rolled over and agreed to pay Tyrone more money, this issue would never have seen the light of day.”

Peachey’s manager Sam Ayoub hit back at the Titans on Thursday.

“I raised a number of issues with the club six weeks ago and I’ve still not heard from Graham Annesley,” he said.

“This is not purely about money. We have some welfare issues to work through and I’ve made that clear to the Titans.”

Titans coach Garth Brennan, however, was confident a resolution will be reached.

“I have no concerns about Peachey not coming,” Brennan said.

“If I was really concerned, I would ring ‘Peach’ myself, but I expect him to be with us next year.”

*END*

LOL, this is awesome. So Sam hasn't heard from Graham regarding the issues raised, my question is, has he heard from anyone representing the TItans? Its all a play on words with these pricks. Would the CEO be the person that should talk to Sam regarding contracts? I think it's time teams start showing the same contempt of contracts as player managers do. Non-performance and they should claim that the fans welfare is suffering because of their expectations not being met therefore we would like to renegotiate or terminate your contract. We've got to think of the mental welfare of our fans.

He hasn’t heard because as we see it there is nothing to discuss.

He raised isseues 6 weeks ago? Contract was signed 6 MONTHS ago.

Well done Graeme and the the club.

Imagine him coming here now after this s..t fight. Can you imagine the reception from the staff and players now. Bring it on

yeah i was joking to a mate - Annesley showing some big coconuts because he wont have to smooth it out when Tyrone gets here, he will be comfy in a big chair at HQ

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    yeah i was joking to a mate - Annesley showing some big coconuts because he wont have to smooth it out when Tyrone gets here, he will be comfy in a big chair at HQ
    I like the way he's handled it, comes across strong I feel. Shows that we are in the position of power and we will not be pushed around by players or their manages. Calling him/them out on their bull**** is good as now players might have second thoughts before trying it again, especially against us.

Junior

I just cant see how Peachey will be with us next year..Too much has gone on between himself, Ayoub and the club. There is no trust there from either side. Im not concerned with having another player backflip on us, im more concerned with finding the right players in key positions who want to be here. Peachey is not that! He will be more trouble than he is worth.

It’s funny a few on here have said in the past that Annesley was a push over etc now he speaks up and some are loosing their s**t. I’m keen Mr Bods your thoughts on how Annesley is in the Media at the minute??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady