Page 74 of 160 FirstFirst ... 24 64 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2400

I'll believe it when I see it... The Courier-Mail has form when we play the Broncos of writing destabilising stories just before we play them (don't forget who has a major stake in the ownership of the Broncos...Newscorp)

To be honest this doesn't make our team look like a trainwreck, it actually reflects more on Peachey. From what I've seen no one has been bagging us out on social media, everyone considers this a win for us and has been saying that Peachey's over rated and think's he's better than he actually is. If he leaves it will give us 500k in the cap to get someone who wants to be here. Another benefit is that this will go down as one of Garth's failed signings and surely the board won't be happy with him.

I'm thinking with all recent events, it wouldn't surprise me if: Peachey went to the Panthers, DWZ went to the Tigers, and then Mbye ends up with us.

It seems logical at least. Thoughts?

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    I'm thinking with all recent events, it wouldn't surprise me if: Peachey went to the Panthers, DWZ went to the Tigers, and then Mbye ends up with us.

It seems logical at least. Thoughts?
    Mbye is a solid player and local (Tewantin). I won't miss Peachy (or Taylor) (We can't go much worse) if we take the rest of the year to create some combinations with some of our young players. i have already given up on the season so nothing shocks me.

God no to Mbye, he has been through so many teams as their saviour. He was about to get dropped by the Tigers and all of a sudden certain peoples "super coach" Kevin Walters gives him an origin birth. Save the money for lawyers fees and a decent coach fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Mbye is a solid player and local (Tewantin). I won't miss Peachy (or Taylor) (We can't go much worse) if we take the rest of the year to create some combinations with some of our young players. i have already given up on the season so nothing shocks me.
    I'm with you mate. Especially if he wants to be here. The fact that he's a local would obviously work in our favour there. That being said, Tigers are shopping around multiple players, so who they offload is anyone's guess. But the way I see it potentially panning out like I said earlier just makes the most sense, to me at least.

Just saw a blurb where the Panthers offered us a broken ass Waqa Blake for Peachey.

Inactive User

Local Juniors are the only ones we can rely on

Elgey dropped again from Manly, Cust kept his spot and has scored 2 tries and 1 try assist tonight. Still think it was the right decision to let him go tbh.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 08-06-19 at 09:09 PM.

Inactive User

Re Peachey-there have been quite a few things that he has done this year that has made me wonder whether he was acting in our best interests out there.
    I was so pumped to have him come here.
    He’s the only player I’ve ever watched in my jersey where I questioned his integrity in his actions on field and he no doubt cost us games this season.

If he plays this personal reasons card and leaves after the drama and efforts he has brought to us then he may well be the most disliked Ex-Player by many many miles in the aftermath.

Don’t forget Buzz reported in the off season that a high profile player had told his Ex-Teamates that he would “run dead” at his new club.

Join those dots.

If Peachey does end up leaving I think we should look at buying a left edge back rower with his 500k. Rhys Martin would be a great option, he’s a good goal kicker and a QLDer as well.

I have zero issue with Peachey leaving.

he isnt worth jack to us at the moment - so this can be a win win for both parties,

AS LONG as we use the money wisely. Martin would be good tbh.

Good call hanginon, Martin would be an awesome buy. Ticks most of the boxes for what we need and I'm sure he'd prefer to come home to QLD rather than sign with another NSW club. Would definitely be worth looking at his attitude though as I've heard he's a bad trainer and don't want a Hayne 2.0 who bludges on the training paddock.

I think we hang on to the money from peachy and make a play at someone at the end of the year. Maybe give farmer some game time.

If only we had a coach who could set Martin's head right. Like BT said, he ticks all the boxes other than the laziness part. I want Peachey gone asap. I never liked the signing in the first place.