Page 70 of 160 FirstFirst ... 20 60 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 80 120 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 2400

Id take feki, Capewell and maybe Turner and Jensen over a few of our players right now

This is a really damning yet accurate article about Ash. I would love him to get off his Play Station and read it.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby...Zv&ocid=AARDHP

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    This story doesn't make sense. Being shopped around means that players are still under contract. This story says that these players are off contract at the end of the year so there is no need to shop them around, you simply don't resign them.
    I see Kyle Turner is on the list, I'd take him if he was available. As for Max King I've seen enough of him to think he will not be the answer to our prayers. Fringe NRL player at best. Yes I know that will upset a few.
    I read the story the same way then I thought maybe their managers are shopping them around as they aren't being offered contracts.

Inactive User

This is a really damning yet accurate article about Ash. I would love him to get off his Play Station and read it.

http://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugby...Zv&ocid=AARDHP
    Vanity Annesley used to love a photo opportunity and in signing Taylor he had a big media event where both he and Taylor signed the contract. Thanks heaps Annesley.
    Hope you are loving it back in The Shire.

And Brennan don’t get me started. Just to say that Our Million Dollar Mega Flop totally owns our Coach.

The Board need to act swiftly

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    God no. Hes 5ft nothing. He has pace and thats it. King would be a shame to lose
    Ughh didn’t realise he was that short, I’ll pass on second thought haha

I wouldn't chase him hard, but Thompson is a great team player and would show more pride in the jersey in his first game than some of our guys have in 2 years.

This story doesn't make sense. Being shopped around means that players are still under contract. This story says that these players are off contract at the end of the year so there is no need to shop them around, you simply don't resign them.
    I see Kyle Turner is on the list, I'd take him if he was available. As for Max King I've seen enough of him to think he will not be the answer to our prayers. Fringe NRL player at best. Yes I know that will upset a few.
    I agree with you on King. Gets a lot of praise on here but it's not like he does all that much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GCTTSD View Post
    Id take feki, Capewell and maybe Turner and Jensen over a few of our players right now
    - I don't rate Feki at all
    - Capewell is just OK but probably doesn't offer enough to make a difference to this team
    - Turner imo is an average player in a good team
    - Jensen goes OK but again, doubt he'd make any difference to this team.

- - - Updated - - -

Instead of looking for individual mediocrity already established in other NRL teams, we should try to sign some talented youth but it seems our club's recruitment team is only interested in players who are not wanted at other clubs. Doesn't really matter though since I don't think anyone really improves under our system anyway.

Everyones contracts and who holds the extension clause

TITANS

2019 squad: Jai Arrow (2020), Jesse Arthars (2019), Shannon Boyd (2022), AJ Brimson (2020), Morgan Boyle (2019), Bryce Cartwright (2021), Dale Copley (2020), Anthony Don (2020), Moeaki Fotuaika (2021), Michael Gordon (2019), Keegan Hipgrave (2020), Ryley Jacks (2019), Ryan James (2020), Brian Kelly (2021), Max King (2019), Leilani Latu (2020), Brenko Lee (2019), Will Matthews (2019, club option 2020), Tyrone Peachey (2021), Nathan Peats (2020), Kevin Proctor (2020), Mitch Rein (2021), Tyrone Roberts (2020), Phillip Sami (2020), Jack Stockwell (2019), Ash Taylor (2021), Jarrod Wallace (2022), Jai Whitbread (2019), Treymain Spry (2020, club option 2021)

Gains: Tyrone Peachey (from Panthers), Shannon Boyd (from Raiders), Tyrone Roberts (from Warrington), Ryley Jacks (from Storm), Jesse Arthars (from Rabbitohs), Brian Kelly (from Sea Eagles)

Losses: Kane Elgey (Sea Eagles), Brendan Elliott (Sea Eagles), Konrad Hurrell (Leeds), Ryan Simpkins, Tony Matautia, Tyronne Roberts-Davis

Off contract: Jesse Arthars, Ryley Jacks, Michael Gordon, Max King, Brenko Lee, Will Matthews, Jack Stockwell, Jai Whitbread

Coach: Garth Brennan (2020)

Other clubs:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...rcF4HSNzgJIDBc

Titans dont you dare take that option up for Matthews....

From those off contract I would keep Arthars, King and Whitbread. Also extending AJ and Arrow is a priority as well.

From Nov 1 this year Arrow, Brimson, Copley, Don, Hipgrave, James, Latu, Peats, Proctor, Roberts and Sami are on the open market...

Of those the priorities are Arrow and Brimson and to a lesser extent Hipgrave. The club needs to be acting on those deals now and not letting them hit the market.

Titans on notice as Johns calls for million-dollar Taylor to be dropped

May 23, 201910:14am

Gold Coast Titans halfback Ash Taylor is under the pump. Picture Glenn HampsonSource:News Corp Australia
    The struggling Gold Coast Titans have copped a barrage of criticism overnight from both inside and outside the club, with NRL legends calling for million-dollar star Ash Taylor to be dropped after the club slumped to their worst-ever start to a season.

Co-owner Darryl Kelly also issued a stern warning to the underperforming coaching staff, saying “everyone will be judged on results” and instructing them to “do their jobs”.

Last night rugby league Immortal Andrew Johns blasted Titans halfback Ash Taylor, calling on the second-last placed side to demote their underperforming playmaker.

Speaking on Channel 9’s Freddy and the Eighth, Johns said “He’s just playing a bit gun-shy for me.

“He doesn’t want to get hit and he’s just forcing the play.”

Live stream the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership on KAYO SPORTS. Every game of every round live & anytime on your TV or favourite device. Get your 14 day free trial >

Ash Taylor hard in training. Picture: Gold Coast Titans.
    Ash Taylor hard in training. Picture: Gold Coast Titans.Source:Supplied
    Johns claimed that Titans coach Garth Brennan should consider reshuffling his halves combination to turn around their woeful 2-8 start to the season, dropping the out-of-form Taylor.

“I’d be putting [fullback] AJ Brimson at halfback; him and [Tyrone] Roberts [at five-eighth].”

His criticism comes a day after Queensland legend Darren Lockyer questioned Taylor’s work ethic, saying his performances have not been worthy of his million-dollar-a-season price tag.

Lockyer told Channel 9 “My view is if you pay someone a million bucks, you need to know they’ve got talent, which he’s got. But it needs to come with the work ethic, where you know he’s going to turn up every week.

“That, I question right now. But that’s up to Ash, if he can find it.”

Coach Garth Brennan and Ashley Taylor talk during a Gold Coast training run. (Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images)
    Coach Garth Brennan and Ashley Taylor talk during a Gold Coast training run. (Photo by Chris Hyde/Getty Images)Source:Getty Images
    But it’s not just the club’s players who are under the pump, with the coaching staff being put on notice by Gold Coast part-owner Darryl Kelly.

Kelly told The Courier-Mail the side’s performances have been so poor that the club’s projected profit for the 2019 season is now at risk of ending in the red.

“We were projecting a profit, but if the form of the side doesn’t pick up, we will record a loss,” said Kelly.

Inactive User

^^^^ reason number 423 to sack Brennan

Junior

Ipswich product Treymain Spry tipped for NRL rise with Titans
    Lachlan Grey, The Courier-Mail
    May 23, 2019 4:53pm
    Subscriber only
    Brennan on chopping block as Titans order review
    Gold Coast co-owner’s stark warning
    He is yet to be named in an NRL match day squad, let alone debut, but Queensland’s answer to Latrell Mitchell could be the tonic for Gold Coast’s woes.

Treymain Spry drew comparisons with the Roosters superstar after signing with the Gold Coast Titans in February, and has since become a standout for feeder club Tweed Heads.

The 18-year-old Ipswich product crossed paths with Mitchell through the Sydney system last year, and Intrust Super Cup expert commentator Scott Sattler says Spry is shaping up to be a Mitchell clone.

“He’s got a lot of Latrell about him, the way he plays and walks and runs around,” Sattler said.

“Tweed Heads got a lot of really great signings this year but he’d have to be the best. He’s that big kind of centre and he’s going to be a very good player.”

RELATED CONTENT
    Titans coach Garth Brennan during a media conference after the Round 8 NRL match between the North Queensland Cowboys and the Gold Coast Titans at 1300SMILES Stadium in Townsville, Friday, May 3, 2019. (AAP Image/Michael Chambers) NO ARCHIVING, EDITORIAL USE ONLY
    Brennan on chopping block as Titans review operations
    Brennan on chopping block as Titans review operations
    Darryl Kelly,Jo Kelly NRL boss Tood Greenberg, and Rebecca Frizelle at the press conference to announce the New Titans owners. Picture Glenn Hampson
    Titans owner’s stark warning for Brennan
    Titans owner’s stark warning for Brennan

SUBSCRIBE NOW: Get a double pass to see the Broncos v Titans on June 9. Limited availability.

Treymain Spry has caught the attention with his big performances. Image: Adam Head
    Spry’s damaging runs sunk Easts Tigers last week, with the centre scoring twice, busting four tackles and running for 142m in the Seagulls 16-4 win in a timely performance for Titans coach Garth Brennan, who needs to keep an eye out for centre options.

Tyrone Peachey and Brian Kelly are yet to fully hit their straps in 2019, while rookie centre Jesse Arthars has just three games under his belt.

Kelly’s defensive effort against the Bulldogs was vastly improved but Spry could be in line to partner Arthars if the 23-year-old can’t produce another strong effort against his former club Manly on Friday night.

LISTEN! The Panthers have gone from bad to worse, Mitchell Pearce has the Knights firing and Matty also pays tribute to Bob Hawke and Quentin Pongia. As always he is joined by Kenty and Finchy for rugby league’s best podcast.

Sattler also put Gold Coast playmaker Ash Taylor on notice by praising Jamal Fogerty’s form for Burleigh, rating him among the competition’s best so far this season.

The Bears halfback has amassed 92 points in 10 games, and boasts 10 try assists to go with an improved defensive and running game.

“(Fogerty) has been sensational for the Bears. They’ve only conceded four points in their past three matches … and he’s been a big part of that.”

There must be something wrong with Jamal Fogerty.
    Can someone enlighten me on what’s the problem with this guy?

Remember when there were articles about Pat Politini being compared to Cam Smith.........

Hope we can get a player in here that we improve rather than send to their demise.

Fogerty isn't contracted to us is he?