Page 7 of 160 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 107 ... LastLast
    Rep Player

Love the clubs stance. Sick of us being the doormat for the competition. If you cant be a man of your word an honour a contract then why sign one to begin with. Panthers will pay im sure of that. Ball is in their court to compensate us and hell sit Peachy in Qcup until he wants to come play, make an example of him. Sure as **** don't want to see this continued backflipping continue to plague the NRL

I'm seeing a lot of people claiming Penrith will need to compensate us... at this point it has nothing to do with them.

Their CEO has publicly stated today they do not have room for him.

Any potential club like Tigers who may want him would need to come to agreement with us to release him from that contract, similar to the Cowboys offering St Helens cash to release Ben Barba for next year. Cash doesn't do a lot for us, so it would need to be players imo.

Otherwise he reports for duty November 1 or he does a Gorden Tallis for 3 years.

one potential could be he heads to Manly and we get Brian Kelly back at half the price of Peachey.

Swap him for Kikau, too easy.

Brennan sure knows his players. ... they were all lovey dovey when they were dropped back to him in reserve grade but now he’s learning why. They are generally crap and certainly not honorable.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

This is like Leveon Bell and the Steelers at the moment (NFL). He hasn't turned up to training or preseason and has now missed the first game of the season (which has cost him $850000) whilst he holds out for a longer contract, more money and better long term security. Problem is the bloke that replaced him absolutely killed it on the weekend but we don't have anyone to replace Peachey with.

Get the lawyers involved now compelling him to report to training on Nov 1. if he doesn't show, sue his ass off. If he does then play him. If he wants to spit the dummy and play poorly it's his future that's going down the tube. We will be around longer than he will be playing footy.

There could be silver lining here and we could bag a handy and cheaper replacement. Or he just sucks it up. He must’ve really hated griffin.

Junior

Channel 7 has an interview with Peachey tonight and he said he didn’t know where all the talk was coming from but he has a contract with us and intends to honor it

- - - Updated - - -

https://mobile.twitter.com/7NewsSydney/status/1039807376621064192?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcam p%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Bodsie made this up because the Forum was running slowly
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Channel 7 has an interview with Peachey tonight and he said he didn’t know where all the talk was coming from but he has a contract with us and intends to honor it

- - - Updated - - -

https://mobile.twitter.com/7NewsSydn...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    Well that confuses everything

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Bodsie made this up because the Forum was running slowly
    Jeeesus shades of DCE in that. I didn't hear him say he wants to come here. More worrying "I haven't heard from garth Brennan so he musnt want me there". Yes he will be here next year not because he wants to be as they are "set" in Sydney but because panthers don't have the money. Still think there will be a twist in this story with another Sydney club coming in but id give him a 75% chance of being here next year

First Grader

If tigers did make a play for him would any of you consider a swap for Ryan matterson? 2nd rower / 5'8th / centre. Could play left edge

Junior

I get the feeling Peachey and his manager are playing games with us. I watched the interview and I didnt believe a word of it, felt more like an attempt to gain back some respect from the public in the short term.

Its pretty obvious he doesnt want to come to the coast. I think they ( Peachey & Ayoub) are hoping the club will take the stance of not wanting players who dont want to be here and start some kind of transfer negotiation with some clubs.

We need players who believe in the future of the club and are excited to be here. Lets just say he does play with us next year and has an ordinary start to the year, all this crap will resurface and we have another season of off field dramas. I hope he backflips.

First Grader

Not to mention he a SOO player and compensation or player transfer should be on consideration of this

Off-contract Broncos winger Corey Oates has revealed that four clubs are interested in recruiting him, including the Dragons and Titans.

The 23-year old switched management mid-season which delayed contract talks, but now that Brisbane’s campain is officially over, negotiations are set to reopen.

And Oates confirmed that there was no shortage of suitors for his services.

“There’s obviously a few clubs out there that are interested,” Oates told League Life.

“It’s been a tough year for me with the contract and leaving my manager.

“That was something I didn’t think was going to escalate so much. I didn’t think it was going to drag on for as long as it did. That sort of surprised me a lot and shocked me.

“I haven’t really had many formal offers.”

Oates reportedly turned down a deal north of $800,000 per season from the Bulldogs, who were said to have offered him a spot in his preferred back row position.

But the Queensland Origin flyer has downplayed the offer.

“That was just an email with what they were looking at paying me and it was nowhere near what the papers were saying, I can tell you that much.

“But otherwise I haven’t really received any other formal offers from other clubs at the moment.”

Oates admitted to recieving previous interest from the rival Queensland clubs, but is unsure of who is currently in the market.

“There has been interest. Titans, I think yes. Cowboys, there was a bit of interest, but I think they’ve gone shopping elsewhere, I’m not too sure.

“It’s scary for me, but also exciting because I’m starting to feel like I’m getting a lot better with my football and preparing a lot better.

“It’s a big year coming up next year, and it’s a big part of your career (at age) 24, 25, 26.”

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.zerotackle.com/oates-reveals-four-rival-clubs-pursuing-him-36577/

- - - Updated - - -

Please nrl gods give us Corey Oates