Page 68 of 160 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2400

Quote Originally Posted by ALX25 View Post
    Time to get Tanah Boyd back on the Goldie to put pressure on Taylor.
    Him , Christian Welsch and Rhys Martin would be three blokes I would look at.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

What concerns me regarding recruitment at the moment is the question of who is going to do the job previously held by Phil Moss? In recent days, we have been linked to Bevan French and Alex Glenn and I have known first hand for a number of weeks that James Roberts would come back to us in a heartbeat now that the reason for him leaving ( Henry) is gone. Given that Brennan has more than his hands full trying to handle this mob of misfits, he cannot be allowed to increase his focus on recruitment. Who have they got to mange both recruitment and salary cap compliance...and I keep reading where managing the cap is almost a full time role.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Firetruck View Post
    What concerns me regarding recruitment at the moment is the question of who is going to do the job previously held by Phil Moss? In recent days, we have been linked to Bevan French and Alex Glenn and I have known first hand for a number of weeks that James Roberts would come back to us in a heartbeat now that the reason for him leaving ( Henry) is gone. Given that Brennan has more than his hands full trying to handle this mob of misfits, he cannot be allowed to increase his focus on recruitment. Who have they got to mange both recruitment and salary cap compliance...and I keep reading where managing the cap is almost a full time role.
    Didn't they employ a fulltime recruitment manager a couple months ago to manage that?

Also pretty sure we have a "recruitment committee" of sorts consisting of Watts, Frizelle, Kelly and Brennan. I remmeber it being brought to light when we were linked to Norman and subsequently went away from him due to poor behaviour (which is why i don't see us getting the Jet back).

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Also pretty sure we have a "recruitment committee" of sorts consisting of Watts, Frizelle, Kelly and Brennan. I remmeber it being brought to light when we were linked to Norman and subsequently went away from him due to poor behaviour (which is why i don't see us getting the Jet back).
    I don’t think Frizelle is on that committee. Sir Daryl definitely is.

In August last year the committee was
    Brennan
    Kelly
    Laffranchi
    Moss
    Annesley

What it is now I don’t know
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 12-05-19 at 07:08 PM.

Found this on the Titans website. There is more to the article. Not sure if anyone knows him ??

Titans.com.au
    Timestamp
    Wed 16 Jan 2019, 12:09 PM

NEW Zealand Kiwis assistant coach Ezra Howe has joined the Gold Coast Titans as the club's recruitment manager.

Howe, who is also the current head coach of the Junior Kiwis, has joined the Titans from the Tweed Heads Seagulls, where he was the development manager.

Prior to that, Howe was the junior development manager at the Canberra Raiders, where he worked in the NRL system for nine years.

Howe's appointment is another major investment by the club in the region's rugby league nursery, after the November unveiling of the Titans Elite Development Squad – an elite pathway for under-16 and under-18 players who aspire to represent the Titans in the Nation
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

GOLD COAST RECRUITERS MISS THE MARK

TITANS development and recruitment chiefs should watch tonight’s Roosters-Broncos clash and give themselves an uppercut.

Tonight’s blockbuster at Suncorp Stadium will pit Broncos young gun Tom Dearden against Roosters rival Luke Keary – two playmakers who were both snubbed by the Titans,

Keary was playing so well in the Burleigh Bears colts in 2011 that the club rang the Titans and urged them to sign the Ipswich product.

When Keary turned up to Robina hoping to impress, he was used as a defender in training drills and he got the message he wasn’t wanted, opening the door for him to shift to South Sydney.

Dearden was carving up at Tweed Heads in the Titans’ backyard, only for the Gold Coast to lose out to the Broncos in a bidding war.

Titans co-owners Rebecca Frizelle and Darryl Kelly should give their recruiters a rocket. If the Titans ever want to be a credible finals force, they need to keep their best young kids.

Broncos front-row sensation Payne Haas is another former Titans junior who slipped the net.

Immortal

Seriously unfair article which flat out misrepresents the facts (or lack of), One day I will note the situation with Payne Hass but in short the Titans are blameless.

In terms of Tom Dearden he joined the Broncos as a 13 year old when he was living in Central Queensland and has been with them ever since, but the Titans were in the hunt for him and came very cery close.

Disgraceful article which totally CRAP

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post

TITANS development and recruitment chiefs should watch tonight’s Roosters-Broncos clash and give themselves an uppercut.

Tonight’s blockbuster at Suncorp Stadium will pit Broncos young gun Tom Dearden against Roosters rival Luke Keary – two playmakers who were both snubbed by the Titans,

Keary was playing so well in the Burleigh Bears colts in 2011 that the club rang the Titans and urged them to sign the Ipswich product.

When Keary turned up to Robina hoping to impress, he was used as a defender in training drills and he got the message he wasn’t wanted, opening the door for him to shift to South Sydney.

Dearden was carving up at Tweed Heads in the Titans’ backyard, only for the Gold Coast to lose out to the Broncos in a bidding war.

Titans co-owners Rebecca Frizelle and Darryl Kelly should give their recruiters a rocket. If the Titans ever want to be a credible finals force, they need to keep their best young kids.

Broncos front-row sensation Payne Haas is another former Titans junior who slipped the net.
    - - - Updated - - -

That article has seriously pissed me off, and is a straight up hatchet job,

Absolute bull****

Junior

Broncos have already signed three of the guns from the victorious South Coast U15 side. Probably have more as well.

Immortal

A number are Titans contracted as well mate

Quote Originally Posted by ALX25 View Post
    Broncos have already signed three of the guns from the victorious South Coast U15 side. Probably have more as well.

Inactive User

Nols-where is this article from please?

Immortal

What about the fact that more than half of the Tweed Heads MM Cup side are with us and around half of the NSW Country U16 side are contracted to us.

No-one says any thing about that. I made a complaint to the QRL about the bias coverage and basically got told tough

- - - Updated - - -

Who cares Bods it is crap

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Nols-where is this article from please?

Where else Bods Peter Badel and the Drongos Courier Mail

Immortal

Do not believe this crap all, amazing that as the Titans development system ahs started to sign players that the Broncos thought that they had in the bag, these type of articles start to appear, co-incidence? I call bull****!

- - - Updated - - -

Says it all, AAGGHH why bother

Where else Bods Peter Badel and the Drongos Courier Mail
    - - - Updated - - -

Of course no mention that the Broncos said Cameron Smith, Cameron Munster and Jonathan Thurston would not make it

- - - Updated - - -

and don't get me started on how the Broncos got James Roberts, that is the worst situation of them all

- - - Updated - - -

I am seriously angry, this is ****ED

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Do not believe this crap all, amazing that as the Titans development system ahs started to sign players that the Broncos thought that they had in the bag, these type of articles start to appear, co-incidence? I call bull****!

- - - Updated - - -

Says it all, AAGGHH why bother

- - - Updated - - -

Of course no mention that the Broncos said Cameron Smith, Cameron Munster and Jonathan Thurston would not make it
    I already knew it was garbage mdrew
    I know about Deardon already from in here
    I know about the Haas family and the behaviour of the Drongoes in that whole grubby mess
    Keary is ancient history from the Searle era

I just wanted to know which Campaigner wrote it and of course it was Badel in The Hate Mail.
    All the dumb as dog poo self entitled Drongoe inbred supporters dine out on those lies.
    He’s a low life and so is his editor.

Loving the passion brother