Page 67 of 160 FirstFirst ... 17 57 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 77 117 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 2400
    QLD Cup

Ash just doesn't seem to get it does he.. I just wonder if Garth fills his head with this rubbish instead of giving him the hard truth. If I was Ash, not only would I be wanting to control that team but I'd also be working on my goal kicking every spare moment I had so I was at least second choice kicker, giving me another reason to be picked for QLD. It's like he just expects that at some point it will be his turn.

TITANS COULD HAVE HAD BENNETT

GOLD Coast Titans bosses will never truly realise how close they could have come to snaring super coach Wayne Bennett.

Blindside can reveal Bennett was prepared to join the Titans for $600,000-a-season after being told by Broncos hierarchy last year that he would not be getting a contract extension for the 2020 season.

Determined to coach on, Bennett reached out to several clubs via a trusted associate. The third-party made contact with Titans co-owner Darryl Kelly, but the Gold Coast were keen to back Garth Brennan as coach and had the signature of Mal Meninga as performance boss in the pipeline.

The Titans feared chasing Bennett might cost them $1 million a season but the NRL’s greatest coach was prepared to accept far less to prove Broncos bosses wrong and turn the Coast into a genuine finals force.

If Bennett leads the Rabbitohs to the premiership this season, the Titans’ dithering could come back to haunt them.

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post
    TITANS COULD HAVE HAD BENNETT

GOLD Coast Titans bosses will never truly realise how close they could have come to snaring super coach Wayne Bennett.

Blindside can reveal Bennett was prepared to join the Titans for $600,000-a-season after being told by Broncos hierarchy last year that he would not be getting a contract extension for the 2020 season.

Determined to coach on, Bennett reached out to several clubs via a trusted associate. The third-party made contact with Titans co-owner Darryl Kelly, but the Gold Coast were keen to back Garth Brennan as coach and had the signature of Mal Meninga as performance boss in the pipeline.

The Titans feared chasing Bennett might cost them $1 million a season but the NRL’s greatest coach was prepared to accept far less to prove Broncos bosses wrong and turn the Coast into a genuine finals force.

If Bennett leads the Rabbitohs to the premiership this season, the Titans’ dithering could come back to haunt them.
    If only we could have our time back again...

So not only are we failing on the field we are failing off the field.

Inactive User

If we had played our cards right we could have had Bellamy or Bennett guiding us but instead we have a snake oil salesman who’s leadership sees us playing without passion, commitment, brains or on field Leadership.

Brennan resorted to the “we are a young team” line last night after losing to a depleted Cronulla that lost its two props in the first 15mins And was full of kids.

Brennan must be fired today.

Correct this horrendous error immediately.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 10-05-19 at 09:11 AM.

First Grader

You would have thought our management would have made some enquiries rather than a thought bubble. What a rabble of an organisation

QLD Cup

There' rumours floating around that we are have enquired into Bevan French's availability, along with the Cowboys and Dogs. What do we reckon? We have Troy Leo playing for Burleigh who is a very similar player, but French is exciting on his day. Better than any of our present wingers, apart from Arthars, imo.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    There' rumours floating around that we are have enquired into Bevan French's availability, along with the Cowboys and Dogs. What do we reckon? We have Troy Leo playing for Burleigh who is a very similar player, but French is exciting on his day. Better than any of our present wingers, apart from Arthars, imo.
    Would be a crazy signing considering the amount of outside backs on the books as well as 2 on development contracts.

Never got the French hype. Overrated and injury prone. Pass.

First Grader

Signing french would be the finally straw for me

Immortal

Greed mate, JAxso Paulo and Ioane Seuili are worth keeping an eye on

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Would be a crazy signing considering the amount of outside backs on the books as well as 2 on development contracts.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Greed mate, JAxso Paulo and Ioane Seuili are worth keeping an eye on
    How far away do you think they are mate? Next year? Year after?

Immortal

Seuili next year for me, Jaxso Paulo 2021 mate

How far away do you think they are mate? Next year? Year after?

Lawton is having an absolute blinder for the Warriors.

Junior

Time to get Tanah Boyd back on the Goldie to put pressure on Taylor.