Page 66 of 160 FirstFirst ... 16 56 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 76 116 ... LastLast

‘Ponies in a world of hurt and Jimmy the Lead Balloon looked caustic. On Deardon, whatever his background I am inclined to listen to mdrew and focus on the considerable loyal local talent we have. No to Burgess, like him but feel he needs the Samburger to get him going.
    Last edited by Titanic; 03-05-19 at 08:11 AM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Let's get Gutho......oh that's right, we can't fit him in because we already have a bunch of players being paid overs.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I was thinking the same thing watching that game. Bit of sabotage to get him out of the Broncos faster. It was hilarious because it wasn't us. But once again, why would you want a lying, cheating POS at your club whether its the Broncos, Titans or Rabbitohs.

After watching the post game show Bods, the Broncos have 600 kids on scholarships so they may live here (as does a myriad of other NRL players that play elsewhere) but they are more Brisbane linked. Otherwise if anyone had schoolies here or holidayed here would be GC linked.
    Living here for 2-3 years is a lot different than a holiday
    Turn it up JB

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Living here for 2-3 years is a lot different than a holiday
    Turn it up JB
    Being contracted to the Broncos is a lot different to having ties to the us. I'm on Volume 4.

Inactive User

Being contracted to the Broncos is a lot different to having ties to the us. I'm on Volume 4.
    If you live here play here breathe here take a dump here learn here for a few years then you have been one of us and experienced our glorious city

I’ve lived in a few different towns in my life and will always feel a linked kinship with them

Inactive User

Do we want to add another Centre to our roster? There are two that are getable.

Do we want to add another Centre to our roster? There are two that are getable.
    I'm really stuffed why you are pushing Roberts barrow Bods. You gave him a massive spray when he left, continued to refer to him as the ingrate and since he has been up the road he has had a string of problems. I cannot fathom why you want to take a problem like him back. You can't trust the bloke and he is far too high maintenance for me. Trouble with a capital T.

As for Curtis Scott he has huge potential but the alarm bells are ringing with him also. He has apparently been in trouble in Melbourne and if Bellamy wants to cut a bloke with the potential he has, then something is up.

We have stayed out of trouble pretty much of late and I agree with the no d1ckhead policy. These two seem like major cocks. A huge no to both from me.

Inactive User

^^^ I just want opinions MT. I agree with what you say about Jimmy BUT I just really enjoyed watching him play for us. That’s all.

RE Curtis Scott-has anyone seen the rumours doing the rounds and care to share?? PM me if it’s too explosive for here please.

^^^ I just want opinions MT. I agree with what you say about Jimmy BUT I just really enjoyed watching him play for us. That’s all.

RE Curtis Scott-has anyone seen the rumours doing the rounds and care to share?? PM me if it’s too explosive for here please.
    All good mate. I'll get off your case now about the Jet. He mainly impressed for us when he did something individual. We were such a crap team he had to go and do his own thing and it often came off. He seems to have problems settling in to structure which the better sides have.

As for Scott there is something doing the rounds that he is being checked by the integrity unit and has had a private life problem. There was also an article a few days ago about his off field discipline. Of course we manly types remember him for thumping Dylan Walker last year and busting his eye socket. While most of you will happily remember that, and I agree that Walker deserved it, it probably shows that Scott has a short fuse which might get him in trouble. As I said, with his talent, if Bellamy wants to chop him that's enough for me. I read he was a Sharks junior Bods so your second team might get him.

If our recruitment team aren't on the phone to Rhyse Martins management team after Dean Pay just dropped him then I dunno what they do for a wage!

If our recruitment team aren't on the phone to Rhyse Martins management team after Dean Pay just dropped him then I dunno what they do for a wage!
    Yeah what’s going on there? Does he have an attitude problem or something? He would be a very handy player to have if he isn’t a problem child.

Ash Taylor has his eyes on an Origin debut as he tries to shake off a tough start to the season

Peter Badel, Chris Honnery, The Courier-Mail
    May 9, 2019 7:00am

Gold Coast performance chief Mal Meninga has leapt to the defence of Ash Taylor as pressure builds on the $1 million halfback to deliver bang for his buck and steer the Titans to the playoffs.

Taylor will be one of the headline attractions this weekend when the Titans officially kick off the NRL’s Magic Round against the Sharks Thursday night at Suncorp Stadium.

The Titans are languishing in 14th spot on percentage and their cause has not been helped by a frustrating start for their main man Taylor, who missed the opening three rounds of the season with a leg injury.

But with the Origin series looming and incumbent Maroons halfback Daly Cherry-Evans in doubt with an ankle injury, Taylor is keen to produce a sizzling month of form – starting tonight against 2016 premiers Cronulla.

Taylor has come under fire for his patchy performances but Titans culture and performance boss Meninga has backed the former Broncos playmaker to haul the Coast out of the NRL cellar.

“That’s part of the deal being a professional footy player. You have to put the noise aside,” Meninga said.

“You have to put your crap protectors on, as we used to call them in the good old days, and just get on with playing footy. That’s what Ash does best.

“I thought he had one of his better games for a long time last Friday night (in the Titans’ 28-14 loss to the Cowboys).

“He’s on the up and he would have drawn a lot of confidence out of that game.”

Gold Coast coach Garth Brennan has consistently challenged Taylor to stamp his mark on the Titans and the 24-year-old admits he is rediscovering his confidence after some early-season injury battles.

“I took a step forward with my game and this weekend I need to step up again,” Taylor said.

“This year has been tough. I picked up a few niggles at the start of the year and it’s been hard coming off the back of it.

“It’s been hard to find that form that I know I’m capable of. I’m not 100 per cent trusting my body, but I feel as though I took a step in the right direction last week and hopefully the team can get back on track.

“I have been working hard the last few weeks, my body felt great on the weekend, especially my legs.

“I’m doing what the physios are telling me and getting my body back to where I know it should be at.”

Just 12 months ago, Taylor was on the cusp of making his Origin debut for Queensland in the Game Three dead rubber, only for Maroons coach Kevin Walters to opt for the experience of Cherry-Evans.

Taylor concedes he needs to improve to be a legitimate Origin contender this season, but believes he has the skill set to handle the code’s toughest arena.

“I think I could do the job,” he said.

“It’s everyone’s goal coming up in the NRL to one day play Origin.

“I’m still a little bit away from Origin form. I’m only five games into my 2019 season, so I need to get more games under my belt to get my confidence and form back.

“As a side, we didn’t have a great start being 0-4 and trying to catch up from there, but we haven’t got the mindset that the season has slipped away.

“We are hopeful we can be in the eight and I’m determined to work hard to get us there.”

He's dreaming. He should be happy that he is not fighting to get back into first grade let alone play SOO.
    Psmitty

Worry about club first, get that right and back in the winners circle then worry about your state.

Inactive User

He’s delusional. It’s concerning his lack of grounding.