Page 65 of 160 FirstFirst ... 15 55 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 75 115 ... LastLast

There's only one guy I can see that might be available to coach and would be perfect. He's still playing but might be finished this year. I reckon he won't play the second year of his deal.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ bit rich to refer to us as poaching when it’s a local junior
    You must use the word local loosely Bods...

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by ja4220 View Post
    You must use the word local loosely Bods...
    PBC stands for Palm Beach-Currumbin. As a former Currumbin resident I can report that the area is solidly part of the GC.
    I’d like to think that anyone we get to live a few years here especially in those mid to late teenage years we can get enthused to want to stay on for good.
    I agree I can stretch my definition at times a bit but you got to have a crack at these talents that come through our nursery.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 01-05-19 at 09:39 PM.

QLD Cup

Id offer The Drongoes Taylor for JRoberts/Deardon straight swap. Give them 24 hours, I reckon Taylor would take a pay cut to go the The Drongoes too.

Or maybe Taylor for TBoyd/JRoberts but I simply don’t know much about Boyd.
    I dunno if I'm ready to cast Taylor aside just yet Bods. He certainly has to lift his game and can only be a couple more quiet games away from being dropped, but if he can turn his form around (either by being dropped or by just getting on with it) then he will be an integral figure for us moving forward. I just don't know how bringing in a 18 year old halfback will fix anything when he too will probably suffer the same form slump in a year or two's time. I'd much rather see Brennan put his money where his mouth is and get the best out of Ash because he must be running out of time to prove that.

I'm also against bringing Roberts back sorry. He was good when he was here but remember the terms on how he left? It pains me to say it but I'd rather persevere with our average outside backs than have him back and risk the possibility of more bad headlines.

Junior

PBC stands for Palm Beach-Currumbin. As a former Currumbin resident I can report that the area is solidly part of the GC.
    I’d like to think that anyone we get to live a few years here especially in those mid to late teenage years we can get enthused to want to stay on for good.
    I agree I can stretch my definition at times a bit but you got to have a crack at these talents that come through our nursery.
    Born in Toowoomba, raised in Mackay, brought to PBC in Grade 11 BY THE Broncos... again hardly a local..... Great kid, superstar talent but not a local.

Inactive User

Born in Toowoomba, raised in Mackay, brought to PBC in Grade 11 BY THE Broncos... again hardly a local..... Great kid, superstar talent but not a local.
    Lived two formative years here and therefore has ties. Not sure we should be continuing through KPHS and PBCHS to be putting the polish on other clubs players. Doesn’t sit that well with me.

Junior

Lived two formative years here and therefore has ties. Not sure we should be continuing through KPHS and PBCHS to be putting the polish on other clubs players. Doesn’t sit that well with me.
    Look at it this way. He came to PBC via the Broncos. He raised the level of the kids at PBC and his skill and work ethic rubbed off.
    So in the long run, the Broncos have played a part in the development of our Juniors like Ryan Rivett and that filters through the rest of the junior network.
    Tom was an Australian School boy and locked up by the Broncos long before he set foot at PBC.

Way off thread here but why would the Bromcos put players into schools on the Gold Coast?

Immortal

PBC and Keebra are so highly regarded from a development perspective mate plus where the family would be best suited

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Way off thread here but why would the Bromcos put players into schools on the Gold Coast?

George Burgess anyone ?
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    George Burgess anyone ?
    Lots of errors in his game. He'd fit in well.

Inactive User

Look at it this way. He came to PBC via the Broncos. He raised the level of the kids at PBC and his skill and work ethic rubbed off.
    So in the long run, the Broncos have played a part in the development of our Juniors like Ryan Rivett and that filters through the rest of the junior network.
    Tom was an Australian School boy and locked up by the Broncos long before he set foot at PBC.
    Has he played for any of our local footy clubs???
    Yes he played for Tweed Heads, a local club. So local school and local club has provided the resources that brought him through to an emerging senior player. We as a Community did that.
    Local Junior.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    George Burgess anyone ?
    The days of superannuation top ups care of us I’d like to think are over.
    Keep bringing back people with ties to our area and surrounds.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 02-05-19 at 08:27 PM.

Has he played for any of our local footy clubs???
    Yes he played for Tweed Heads, a local club. So local school and local club has provided the resources that brought him through to an emerging senior player. We as a Community did that.
    Local Junior.
    Geez mate that is a stretch. He was plonked in a local school for two years and that's it. Bottom line is he ain't coming here. End of.

Changing topic - are you watching the effort of Jimmy the Tiger Moth in this game.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Geez mate that is a stretch. He was plonked in a local school for two years and that's it. Bottom line is he ain't coming here. End of.

Changing topic - are you watching the effort of Jimmy the Tiger Moth in this game.
    He was schooled and played for a local team. He lived, ate, slept, studied, trained and breathed here. There will always be a GC link to him. mdrew sometimes uses the term “titans linked” in his junior development well I’m going to create a term “GC linked” for these fellas that get to use our beautiful facilities, expertise and resources in their late teens.
    We shouldn’t be ashamed of what we offer and give to enhance opportunities for young people. GC linked.

Yeah Jimmy seems disinterested for sure. Watch the Theatre Going Fickle Drongoes fans turn their backs on him if he continues with this form. Looks like he may have mentally checked out and wants either a change or a return somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post

I was thinking the same thing watching that game. Bit of sabotage to get him out of the Broncos faster. It was hilarious because it wasn't us. But once again, why would you want a lying, cheating POS at your club whether its the Broncos, Titans or Rabbitohs.

After watching the post game show Bods, the Broncos have 600 kids on scholarships so they may live here (as does a myriad of other NRL players that play elsewhere) but they are more Brisbane linked. Otherwise if anyone had schoolies here or holidayed here would be GC linked.