Page 38 of 160 FirstFirst ... 28 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 48 88 138 ... LastLast
    QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I couldn't agree more, Mr Bods!

Mick is worth his weight in gold. GB will have some tough choices to make next year when it comes to naming teams. Ash will actually have some serious heat on him to perform. Somethng he hasn't felt in quite a while.

I'd like to see this team get a run, assuming all are fit and firing;

1. Gordon
    2. Don
    3. Copley
    4. Peachey
    5. Sami
    6. AJ
    7. Taylor
    8. Wallace
    9. Rein
    10. James
    11. Proctor
    12. King
    13. Arrow

14. Boyd
    15. Fotuaika
    16. Boyle
    17. Roberts

There are some pretty handy names left off that list! We have a bit of depth thanks to everyone getting a fair bit of game time this year. I think the only thing to cruel us next year will be injuries. Lets hope the S&C guys and our physio dept are top shelf.

You were completely right in your telling us how good AJ is at fullback, but I think he is also great in the halves...and we could use Gordon's experience on the field. Between Gordon, Proctor and James we have quite a bit of experience to help guide the young blokes.
    Wondering how adding Peachy Boyd and Roberts to the team from last year lifts us to a top eight team? There will need to be substantial improvement by the incumbents. I feel that AJ to fullback gives some X factor and Jacks to 5/8 gives the team a different feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Wondering how adding Peachy Boyd and Roberts to the team from last year lifts us to a top eight team? There will need to be substantial improvement by the incumbents. I feel that AJ to fullback gives some X factor and Jacks to 5/8 gives the team a different feel.
    I think Boyd will add a lot of punch up the middle. Peach is a freak. Give him an inch and he'll take a mile. Roberts's versatility will be helpful throughout the year when injuries/rep duties hit us.

The pressure on Ash should make him lift, or conversely...you could say that with more attacking players in the side with the inclusion of Peach...he may be able to relax more and play his natural game. He looked to have the weight of the world on is shoulders sometimes this year. With so many play makers/game breakers in the side next year...the rest of the team can concentrate solely on their own jobs. Make yards, complete sets, defend well...

I think we'll be able score points from anywhere, and AJ wil be an x factor no matter his position on the field. A backrow of Proctor, King and Arrow will tighten up the ruck and they are all capable of playing long minutes.

The more I think about it, the more I can't wait for trials!

JMO though...

He looked to have the weight of the world on is shoulders sometimes this year. .
    The weight of the world was on his fat ar5e. He wasn't fit and bludged after the million dollar contract came his way. If he isn't at his proper playing weight at the start of the season I'd drop him until he was. He needs a strong message.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    The weight of the world was on his fat ar5e. He wasn't fit and bludged after the million dollar contract came his way. If he isn't at his proper playing weight at the start of the season I'd drop him until he was. He needs a strong message.
    Yeah...tell us about it. That's why I think GB realised we need better S&C trainers. We need a team of trainers that are not afraid to crack the whip and pull blokes into line.

Hopefully we'll get some results in that department this year.
    Last edited by Menoitios; 17-11-18 at 09:09 PM.

Yeah...tell us about it. That's why I think GB realised we need better S&C trainers. We need a team of trainers that are not afraid to crack the whip and pull blokes into line.

Not sure if you are serious, knowles and co are one of the best units in the comp, have a look at the injury toll last year compared to other years also if you think it going to get better with Ferris have a look at his track record especially when he was at the titans before

We had great trainers. Really whether a bloke wants to get fit has little to do with the trainers. If he is half hearted at training then trainers can't help them. The coach is the boss, not the trainers, and it is he who has the say.

Watching Wallace and Copley doing their bit for the Children’s Hospital Telethon it struck me that as dancers they make pretty fair footballers great cause and great effort.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Not sure if you are serious, knowles and co are one of the best units in the comp, have a look at the injury toll last year compared to other years also if you think it going to get better with Ferris have a look at his track record especially when he was at the titans before
    Hi Lonegull! I would be very interested in seeing those comparisons. Would you please post them? Do you think our team was at peak performance last season?

Injuries happen. Shoulders, knees etc. They are not always a result of a lack of fitness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    We had great trainers. Really whether a bloke wants to get fit has little to do with the trainers. If he is half hearted at training then trainers can't help them. The coach is the boss, not the trainers, and it is he who has the say.
    I agree with that. The trainers report to the coach. That was my point in a previous post about the pressure being on Ash. I guess I must have worded it poorly. So, you are saying ultimately Garth failed?

All that aside...a change has been made and the trainers are gone. So we have to move forward and trust the brains trust at the club. I believe our player recruitment is sound, and I'll put my faith in the club making the right choices in trainers as well.

Out of interest...why do you think Knowles and co left, and if they were such a crack team...why were some of our players on the podgy side? Because they are poor trainers and the coach didn't support the training staff??
    Last edited by Menoitios; 17-11-18 at 11:42 PM.

QLD Cup

Out of interest...why do you think Knowles and co left, and if they were such a crack team...why were some of our players on the podgy side? Because they are poor trainers and the coach didn't support the training staff??[/QUOTE]

A guess: GB called in some favors but it was ultimately unsustainable due to the sacrifices being made by their families down south.

Family from all reports as I know knowles family never came to the coast but I would also say $$$ would of come into it

Fair enough. At least it wasn't because they were unhappy here on a professional level. Then again...if your eyes are on money and your heart yearns for family, it'd be hard to concentrate.

Well then....it's time to move forward as best we can. I mentioned in a previous post that I'm trying to turn over a new leaf this year. 100% behind the club and anyone in a Titans jersey! I'm tired of the old ways of complaining and putting crap on ourselves.

Do you blokes remember when Ferris went to manly? I hope he still has the passion.

No...new me says, "I'm sure he does".

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...cb465769190c5a
    Last edited by Menoitios; 18-11-18 at 09:40 AM.

Lol Meno ... let’s all enjoy it while it lasts
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Lol Meno ... let’s all enjoy it while it lasts
    Hahaha!! It's going to be a ripper of a season next year! I can feel it in my waters.

Rep Player

Rumours seem to be that Kahu is off to union which is a relief. Having thought on it over the weekend id be happy to take Glenn on a short term deal for the right price. However! Given the seeming daily backflips and reshuffles of rosters is there potentially going to be a better option out there for us as far as tightening up our edge?