Page 37 of 160 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 47 87 137 ... LastLast
    QLD Cup

Going off all your wise commentar. I have come to the conclusion that I would be happy with Glenn for a short contract and moderate price. I feel that his experience would be invaluable especially in defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Going off all your wise commentar. I have come to the conclusion that I would be happy with Glenn for a short contract and moderate price. I feel that his experience would be invaluable especially in defence.
    That's it but the "moderate price" is going to be relative to how badly we need him in the eyes of those who sign the cheques.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

What has happened to Jesse Martin? Has he signed with anyone for next year? He is a good honest/hard worker that can
    play back row, lock and hooker. Could be a very good bargain buy and would add staunchness to our defence.

He'd still be pretty young too, which is a plus!

who is jesse martin?

i dont recall him?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    who is jesse martin?

i dont recall him?
    Jesse was with souths this year, but I think I read he hadn't signed on again. They signed him from Manly where he captained their under 20's to the premiership in 2016?? MT might know that for sure...

He's a no nonsense sort of young bloke that can tackle and reads the game well.

Anyway......just thought he could be value for money, considering his versatility. I think that's the way we're headed. Players that can fill in all over the park and do the job well! Just like the storm.

I just don't know if he's already signed elsewhere. I'd certainly consider inviting him up for lunch and a tour of the facilities if I was in charge of the beans here.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Jesse was with souths this year, but I think I read he hadn't signed on again. They signed him from Manly where he captained their under 20's to the premiership in 2016?? MT might know that for sure...

Anyway......just thought he could be value for money, considering his versatility. I think that's the way we're headed. Players that can fill in all over the park and do the job well! Just like the storm.

I just don't know if he's already signed elsewhere. I'd certainly consider inviting him up for lunch and a tour of the facilities if I was in charge of the beans here.
    Yes he played in the Manly 20's team that won the last ever comp. I thought he was decent. I don't know if he is staying at Souths but if not you would wonder why they would cut him after only one year.
    I would hope there would much more experienced players out there if we are talking top 30 spots.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Yes he played in the Manly 20's team that won the last ever comp. I thought he was decent. I don't know if he is staying at Souths but if not you would wonder why they would cut him after only one year.
    I would hope there would much more experienced players out there if we are talking top 30 spots.
    Thanks MT! I agree with you on experience...but man, I love seeing young blokes given a chance and grabbing it with both hands. Like young AJ.

Everyone has to start gaining experience at some time, and our young squad is going to be so much better for the run of last year.

At this stage.....I'd be willing to gamble on an enthusiastic young bloke that wouldn't command too much coin over a seasoned vet looking for one last deal.

Jeez I'm excited about next year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post

ok cheers, i just hadnt heard the name

It’s a toss of the dice ... for every AJ and Arrow there’s an O‘Dare and Burr. How many sleeps before we play?

Inactive User

I can’t get over how fortunate we were to offload Hayne (and get Mick Gordon)

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    It’s a toss of the dice ... for every AJ and Arrow there’s an O‘Dare and Burr. How many sleeps before we play?
    that's Love Island celebrity superstar Mark O'Dare to you!

Inactive User

^^^^ your favourite TV show NZ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    This was the club’s turning point ... that one defining moment when our fortunes changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    This was the club’s turning point ... that one defining moment when our fortunes changed.
    It's a funny thing isn't it!? A lot of people thought that signing him was the key to our fortunes. Since he left we have been on the up!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I couldn't agree more, Mr Bods!

Mick is worth his weight in gold. GB will have some tough choices to make next year when it comes to naming teams. Ash will actually have some serious heat on him to perform. Somethng he hasn't felt in quite a while.

I'd like to see this team get a run, assuming all are fit and firing;

1. Gordon
    2. Don
    3. Copley
    4. Peachey
    5. Sami
    6. AJ
    7. Taylor
    8. Wallace
    9. Rein
    10. James
    11. Proctor
    12. King
    13. Arrow

14. Boyd
    15. Fotuaika
    16. Boyle
    17. Roberts

There are some pretty handy names left off that list! We have a bit of depth thanks to everyone getting a fair bit of game time this year. I think the only thing to cruel us next year will be injuries. Lets hope the S&C guys and our physio dept are top shelf.

You were completely right in your telling us how good AJ is at fullback, but I think he is also great in the halves...and we could use Gordon's experience on the field. Between Gordon, Proctor and James we have quite a bit of experience to help guide the young blokes.
    Last edited by Menoitios; 17-11-18 at 08:56 AM.