Page 3 of 160 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

One of the things this team needs more than any other is a certain rotund No.7 to lose some weight and gain some desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    How about a coaching solution instead of square pegs in round holes?
    I was surprised to find out Lee was only 22 so I guess there's still time. I wouldn't hold my breath though. Hurrell is 27 though, he's had plenty of years to fix up his game and he hasn't.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 05-09-18 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    I was surprised to find out Lee was only 22 so I guess there's still time. I wouldn't hold my breath though. Hurrell is 27 though, he's had plenty of years to fix up his game and he hasn't.
    Lee can keep his spot, Proctor needs to get fitter and chase when he's marking and plug the hole. Copley for Hurrell.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Lee can keep his spot, Proctor needs to get fitter and chase when he's marking and plug the hole. Copley for Hurrell.
    Yeah, I'd take Lee over Hurrell any day of the week too though neither really get me excited.

Lee / Copley and Gordon / Don but where does that leave Sami?
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 05-09-18 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    Yeah, I'd take Lee over Hurrell any day of the week too though neither really get me excited.

Lee / Copley and Gordon / Don but where does that leave Sami?
    As backup lol, but realistically we will always have someone injured so he will still get a lot of game time.

I don't know why people are so big on Sami, he has not impressed me this season compared to a lot of other junior backs at other clubs. He has had a couple of really good games, but also some shockers, not big enough to dent a line, not fast enough to get through a gap, not a good defender, and not competitive/thirsty enough to make up for it.

Don, Gordon, Peachey, Copley > Hurrell, Lee > Sami, TRD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Agreed with this, Proctor is a liability in the second half of our games, never makes it back to the line of defense, and is just plain lazy. Only recently he started running over opposing halves, and even that he didn't do too well

We need King and Boyle in the team long term, hopefully one of them can cement a 2nd row spot with Proctor moving to bench once our teams XP is a bit higher.

Anyone listening to Matty Johns on NRL 360? Speaking about some of the fundamentals and principles of a good half, and it's absolutely spot on and makes sense. And actually he points out something that teams do wrong (that surprisingly we do); we get a good go forward, we attack one edge and have them going backwards but then we just run a settler rather than keeping the foot on the throat. Watching us this year, we did that plenty of times every week.

Matty would be perfect for Ash, along with a hell of a lot of cardio work over the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by indoallstars View Post
    As backup lol, but realistically we will always have someone injured so he will still get a lot of game time.

I don't know why people are so big on Sami, he has not impressed me this season compared to a lot of other junior backs at other clubs. He has had a couple of really good games, but also some shockers, not big enough to dent a line, not fast enough to get through a gap, not a good defender, and not competitive/thirsty enough to make up for it.

Don, Gordon, Peachey, Copley > Hurrell, Lee > Sami, TRD

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed with this, Proctor is a liability in the second half of our games, never makes it back to the line of defense, and is just plain lazy. Only recently he started running over opposing halves, and even that he didn't do too well

We need King and Boyle in the team long term, hopefully one of them can cement a 2nd row spot with Proctor moving to bench once our teams XP is a bit higher.
    nice assassination of a good kid in basically his first year. he might as well give it up and go work retail if you are correct.

As far as i can see, he is not quite big enough yet possibly, but is plenty fast enough, doesn't have any huge defensive problems that weren't the cause of our goober centres , and not sure where his lack of thirst ( hunger? ) comes into play - he looks to be as invested as anyone else except maybe AJ and Arrow.

if he played 24 games this year i would say 4-5 were very good, 1-2 were poor, and the rest were in the middle area holding his own in a largely poor team at times.

He isn't Isaako or Ferguson but i dont think anyone expects him to be or has claimed he is that good.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    nice assassination of a good kid in basically his first year. he might as well give it up and go work retail if you are correct.

As far as i can see, he is not quite big enough yet possibly, but is plenty fast enough, doesn't have any huge defensive problems that weren't the cause of our goober centres , and not sure where his lack of thirst ( hunger? ) comes into play - he looks to be as invested as anyone else except maybe AJ and Arrow.

if he played 24 games this year i would say 4-5 were very good, 1-2 were poor, and the rest were in the middle area holding his own in a largely poor team at times.

He isn't Isaako or Ferguson but i dont think anyone expects him to be or has claimed he is that good.

I respect your opinion but I don't believe he will develop into a standout nrl player. I hope I am proven wrong because it would be great for us to develop our own gun centre/winger I just don't think that will be Sami.

At least half the other clubs in the nrl have fairly fresh backs which have come out of the blocks running - Isaako, Jesse Ramien, Robert Jennings, Joseph Manu, Esan Masters, Campbell Graham, Gela Mosby, Reimis Smith + some with a bit more XP Curtis Scott, Nick Cotric. I would say Sami is only consistently better than one or two of them.

In response to the competitiveness / hunger I was referring to he doesn't have enough of that to make up for his other areas. Josh Reynolds not the best organiser, ball player, kicker but makes up for it with his desire to win the small battles. I have not seen Sami do this yet, have not seen him dig deep consistently eg getting ball out of our red zone, chasing down opposing line breaks, fighting with each run.

I do hope he clicks up a gear, I want him to succeed it is very important for our clubs juniors to make it, just playing devil's advocate. I hope he reads this and it fires him up to be better because that's what makes a great player.

Junior

For the life of me I dont understand why Sami isnt getting the respect he deserves. Its the kids first full year in NRL, playing on the end of an unsettled and often clunky backline. Despite this and only turning 21 towards the end of the year he manages to score 14 tries which puts him 10th on the list. In almost every statistic he has outperformed Don, with only tries and line breaks where Don just pipped him. How many tries does Robert Jennings score on the end of our backline???. These next 2 or 3 pre seasons are going to be huge for this kid. He is future representative centre and we need to lock him down to a long term contract. Id be happy for Sami to spend another season on the wing but he needs to move into the centres sooner rather than later.
    Last edited by Re-engage19; 05-09-18 at 09:19 PM.

Yeah i dont see Sami as a long term winger at all, he's probably best suited to centre
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

I also don’t see Gordon as a centre so Sami with Leo outside him has some attraction if Copley goes down.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

So Tevita Pangai is still off contract for next year...………….. I don't care how good anyone thinks our back rowers are this guys is already better than all of them bar Arrow and is only going to get better.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Re-engage19 View Post
    For the life of me I dont understand why Sami isnt getting the respect he deserves. Its the kids first full year in NRL, playing on the end of an unsettled and often clunky backline. Despite this and only turning 21 towards the end of the year he manages to score 14 tries which puts him 10th on the list. In almost every statistic he has outperformed Don, with only tries and line breaks where Don just pipped him. How many tries does Robert Jennings score on the end of our backline???. These next 2 or 3 pre seasons are going to be huge for this kid. He is future representative centre and we need to lock him down to a long term contract. Id be happy for Sami to spend another season on the wing but he needs to move into the centres sooner rather than later.
    Agreed. Every decent chance he gets he finishes. He barely ever let's us down and he's only in his first year so still finding his feet. I would be more than happy to have him out their for another 12 months.

Although it would be interesting to see Sami and Leo on the same side. It sure how quickly sami would work out his defensive reads but that would be a young, exciting and local pairing we could build for the future perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    So Tevita Pangai is still off contract for next year...………….. I don't care how good anyone thinks our back rowers are this guys is already better than all of them bar Arrow and is only going to get better.
    I'd love to see him here but I think the other teams after his signature have pushed the asking price to $800K a season so I think that would rock the boat a bit too much if he was to be offered that by us.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Agreed. Every decent chance he gets he finishes. He barely ever let's us down and he's only in his first year so still finding his feet. I would be more than happy to have him out their for another 12 months.

Although it would be interesting to see Sami and Leo on the same side. It sure how quickly sami would work out his defensive reads but that would be a young, exciting and local pairing we could build for the future perhaps?
    2020 id love to see a Sami and Leo combination, maybe 2019??? you never know. I guess we do need to sign Leo first lol.