Page 29 of 160 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 79 129 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I was baffled why we are wooden spoon favourites but now I know why. This has to be the reason. What the heck has happened for Brennan to lose all 3 after just a year???

If someone knows then please detail.
    Penrith poached them all...$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Yeah, I know we finished 14th...but that's not on Brenko's shoulders alone, so there is no relevence to that statement.

I'm talking about his play in general. I think he played better for us than he did at the dogs. I beleive he will be better next year and that GB influence on him has done wonders for his game. It's that simple.

How would you rate him against Suli?
    Of course he shouldn't wear any greater percentage of the blame why we finished 14th but he did play a fair few games and was part of a very weak backline. I just don't see any great improvement in him. We'll just have to disagree about him and that's cool and why I like reading all other opinions on here.

The jury is out for me on Suli but I see far more potential in him as a 20 year old than Brenko who is 23.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Penrith poached them all...$$$$
    I agree HS with your concerns about Ferris.

Penrith must be paying massive dollars for coaches this year. I think I read they are paying upwards of $2 million for Cleary and the payouts to the others and now they add these three. Gould is blessed but it will all come crashing down if they don't go very very close next year.

I'm still baffled why a bloke would want to coach his son with all the pressures that comes with that. Rightly or wrongly he'll be viewed as a protected species and the club cannot win out of that.

QLD Cup

Not sure which of the trainers it was, but a sister in law told me that there was a lot of pressure on his young family who stayed in Sydney. So it was unsustainable long term.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Of course he shouldn't wear any greater percentage of the blame why we finished 14th but he did play a fair few games and was part of a very weak backline. I just don't see any great improvement in him. We'll just have to disagree about him and that's cool and why I like reading all other opinions on here.

The jury is out for me on Suli but I see far more potential in him as a 20 year old than Brenko who is 23.

- - - Updated - - -

I agree HS with your concerns about Ferris.

Penrith must be paying massive dollars for coaches this year. I think I read they are paying upwards of $2 million for Cleary and the payouts to the others and now they add these three. Gould is blessed but it will all come crashing down if they don't go very very close next year.

I'm still baffled why a bloke would want to coach his son with all the pressures that comes with that. Rightly or wrongly he'll be viewed as a protected species and the club cannot win out of that.
    Cheers mate...no sweat. Seems as though you'd take anyone in a Manly jersey over anyone in ours. LOL

You do realise we finished higher than you guys this year? Hey, how is Bones going on silvertails?? He's a great bloke!! Is Matabele still around over there?? I can't believe Manly let Ramien go. You could see he was going to be good as a young bloke!
    Last edited by Menoitios; 02-11-18 at 02:19 PM.

I think we will see Jesse ARTHARS being pushed onto the wing. Might not start the season but it will be his by the end of the season. Unless of course his needed at fullback.

Its time for Kevin Walters.

He will bring everything we need.

It will be Walters and his first class management team
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post

Watch this space.........
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    I think we will see Jesse ARTHARS being pushed onto the wing. Might not start the season but it will be his by the end of the season. Unless of course his needed at fullback.
    I've never seen him play. I thought he was a development player? Exciting times ahead. Hopefully we actually have competition for spots not just a heap of injuries

Junior

We need Billy Johnstone back

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post

I know Kevvy is Qld coach and his past player record but something about his demeanor and the way he speaks in commentary doesn't inspire my confidence. I have no experience around teams or even played the game. I am curious to know the qualities he brings to coaching and why he was rejected as the Broncos coach.

Bugger. I was hoping we had palmed him off by now.

BTW, Teke's being sarcastic, lol.

First Grader

Paywalled and outline.com isn't working. Could anyone copy paste?

So....who is missing, or who will fill the last three spots? We've named 27 here in our top 30 for 2019. Surely Troy Leo will be added. Brian Kelly?? Another good backrower?? What are your thoughts?

Gold Coast Titans

Top 30

AJ Brimson, Jesse Arthars, Phillip Sami, Anthony Don, Keegan Hipgrave, Ryan James, Ash Taylor, Kevin Proctor, Ryley Jacks, Brenko Lee, Leilani Latu, Shannon Boyd, Bryce Cartwright, Maxwell King, Tyrone Peachey, Dale Copley, Michael Gordon, Tyrone Roberts, Jack Stockwell, Mitch rein, William Matthews, Jai Arrow, Moeaki Fotuaika, Jai Whitbread, Morgan Boyle, Jarrod Wallace, Nathan Peats

https://www.zerotackle.com/just-in-e...rosters-37740/

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Paywalled and outline.com isn't working. Could anyone copy paste?
    Garth Brennan committed to reigniting Bryce Cartwright’s career
    October 18, 2018

TITANS coach Garth Brennan has committed to turning around Bryce Cartwright as the fallen star attempts to reignite his career on the Gold Coast.

Cartwright will report for pre-season training on Monday in the first step towards getting his career back on track following a disastrous 2018.

The former Penrith Panthers star’s $2 million move to the Gold Coast earlier this year ended in Cartwright being dumped to reserve grade following a string of weak performances.

Cartwright’s limp defensive efforts were heavily criticised and Brennan had no option but to relegate his blue-chip signing to the Intrust Super Cup for the second half of the season.
    Bryce Cartwright had a tough first season on the Gold Coast. (AAP Image/Dave Hunt)

Cartwright was linked with a Gold Coast exit, but few clubs were willing to take a punt on the 23-year-old after his efforts in 2018.

Instead, Cartwright has been part of a group of Titans players training together during the off-season and finished second in a 2km time trial this week.

Brennan will assemble his squad on Monday to begin their 2019 preparations and the second-year coach said he was committed to helping Cartwright get back to his best.

“I am (committed to him) but that’s for every player in our club,” Brennan said.

“My job is to make them the best player they possibly can.

“I want them to be here and perform for the club. That hasn’t changed.
    Garth Brennan is committed to helping Cartwright rediscover his best form. (AAP Image/Dave Hunt)

“I’ve heard he is in really good shape and has trained really hard.

“I haven’t spoken to Bryce. I leave my players alone during the break, I don’t want to pester them.

“From all reports he’s in really good shape and has done a few training sessions with one of our strength and conditioners and they said he was flying and more than meeting the targets they’d set for the players.

“That’s pleasing to hear he’s focused and ready to rip in.”

The Titans on Friday announced betting agency Neds would become their major sponsor for the next three years in what is a major financial boost for the club.
    Skipper Ryan James backed Cartwright for an improved 2019. (AAP Image/Dave Hunt)

Cartwright is contracted to the Titans until 2021 and captain Ryan James said the NSW Origin hopeful would benefit from having an entire pre-season with his teammates.

“He came to us with one or two weeks before the trials this year and people expected him to fit straight in,” James said.

“It takes a whole pre-season to fit into someone’s structures. It takes time for players to gel and click.

“He was throwing flick balls and no-one had trained with him.

“People were expecting him to do those miraculous things but we need to get a full pre-season in and play a lot of trials together.”

Canberra recruit Shannon Boyd will meet his new Titans teammates for the first time on Monday.