Page 28 of 160 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Can someone please put up a pole with which centre we have been linked with and who everyone would prefer at the club, between:
    1. James Roberts
    2. Jordan Kahu
    3. Brian Kelly
    4. Will Chambers
    5. Anyone else I have missed

A lot of decent names there, they all have their pros and cons (exp and age should also be factored in)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I’m going to wait and see till it’s true or not before throwing my 2cents in on BK.
    I’d be interested to know what teke and MT think.
    I would be quite disappointed to see him leave Manly as I think he has greatly improved there. His one on one defence is a worry but he has that bit of class in attack, especially in getting some pretty nifty passes away.
    He is a better player now than Brenko Lee will ever be. Brenko did a few decent things last season but I saw enough of him to believe that there are much better options around.
    My only concern, as always is why are Manly releasing someone like him or are there other problems with him. It might be as simple as Manly trying to rake up enough cash to get Foran back, but I hope it's not a personal issue with Kelly.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I could be wrong mate , however I think he was let go to accomodate Hayne and also allow him a chance at First Grade.

Can someone elaborate on how GL is going please and what is the latest with him ?

- - - Updated - - -

On another note I see that Rapana is on the market. He is one guy I would love to see back.
    I think you’re right. I think he was squeezed out for the clapped out Cessna. I’d love to see Kelly back with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    I would be quite disappointed to see him leave Manly as I think he has greatly improved there. His one on one defence is a worry but he has that bit of class in attack, especially in getting some pretty nifty passes away.
    He is a better player now than Brenko Lee will ever be. Brenko did a few decent things last season but I saw enough of him to believe that there are much better options around.
    My only concern, as always is why are Manly releasing someone like him or are there other problems with him. It might be as simple as Manly trying to rake up enough cash to get Foran back, but I hope it's not a personal issue with Kelly.
    Have to disagree mate. KELLY has 3.29 missed tackle per game average, bringing in a 73.9% efficiency, and only ran an average of 95.4m per game. 1 try assist every 2.6 games.

LEE has a 2.07 missed tackle per game, and a 81.3% efficiency, and ran 137.1m average per game. 1 try assist every 2.3 games.

We can not afford any further defensive weakness, especially when his attack stats dont counterweight his defence. To me LEE has earnt his spot in the centre, and should be playing there with PEACHEY in game 1. LEE has a lot to learn but at 23 yrs of age, he is doing very well.

Id be devastated to see BK leave Manly. He's real classy and the intent to break the line is ferocious. A career 1st grader for sure but Titans are a sucky option for him
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    Have to disagree mate. KELLY has 3.29 missed tackle per game average, bringing in a 73.9% efficiency, and only ran an average of 95.4m per game. 1 try assist every 2.6 games.

LEE has a 2.07 missed tackle per game, and a 81.3% efficiency, and ran 137.1m average per game. 1 try assist every 2.3 games.

We can not afford any further defensive weakness, especially when his attack stats dont counterweight his defence. To me LEE has earnt his spot in the centre, and should be playing there with PEACHEY in game 1. LEE has a lot to learn but at 23 yrs of age, he is doing very well.
    Good response as far as stats go mate, but i reckon this is where stats can deceive. From what i see, if Kelly isn't a better player than Lee then I'm not here. Not even close in my book. Obviously it is a hypothetical but if Kelly and Lee both hit the open market, who do you think would get the most offers, clubs and money wise. It would be Kelly hands down.

I'd be happy to see BK back home. Just on Lee....I think this year was a bit of a stand out for him. I was very happy with his game. Garth has made an impact on him and it showed that GB has the ability to bring out the best in young blokes. He's a bg unit and I really have faith in him improving more. Copley, injury free is also a very good player.

If BK returns....it will add depth and make the fight for positions stronger, which ultimately makes a stronger team. I think we...as a club, are in very good hands and the good times are just around the corner!

2019 can't come soon enough!

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I could be wrong mate , however I think he was let go to accomodate Hayne and also allow him a chance at First Grade.

Can someone elaborate on how GL is going please and what is the latest with him ?

- - - Updated - - -

On another note I see that Rapana is on the market. He is one guy I would love to see back.
    GL has another year left to go at Parra, was playing ISP the last 2 years as an U20s players. Still has strong links to GC with him family being based here.

Could be someone to keep an eye if he breaks through to NRL side this year for Parra

Anyone else struggling to accept that Dan Ferris is back here? The club is making some good moves in the market but I can't shake the disappointment that we've lost Knowles and replaced him with a guy who has always had players in poor condition and prone to injury. He also seems to always be part of a club when it nosedives and is on shaky ground...not to mention he got sacked from Manly for throwing down with one of his own blokes...

Check out this thread from the Manly forum about him as well https://silvertails.net/threads/sack-dan-ferris.55211/

What about brenko on the wing? Would give us a big body out wide and pretty sure he started his career in the wing for Canberra and went pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Just on Lee....I think this year was a bit of a stand out for him. I was very happy with his game. Garth has made an impact on him and it showed that GB has the ability to bring out the best in young blokes. He's a bg unit and I really have faith in him improving more. Copley, injury free is also a very good player.

Mate, I love your enthusiasm, but if Lee had what you call a stand out year, then I think you are setting the bar pretty low.
    You do realise that we came 14th last season don't you.

Totally agree HS with Ferris a step in the wrong direction,his record is shocking with injuries and unfit players. Knowles is a massive loss as I had said earlier and to bring Ferris in is a step in the wrong direction

Just realised we have lost the whole trio of knowles catterick and Campbell bloody hell that is massive for Brennan, he will Find it hard to replace the quality and experience that trio offered

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Mate, I love your enthusiasm, but if Lee had what you call a stand out year, then I think you are setting the bar pretty low.
    You do realise that we came 14th last season don't you.
    Yeah, I know we finished 14th...but that's not on Brenko's shoulders alone, so there is no relevence to that statement.

I'm talking about his play in general. I think he played better for us than he did at the dogs. I beleive he will be better next year and that GB influence on him has done wonders for his game. It's that simple.

How would you rate him against Suli?

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Just realised we have lost the whole trio of knowles catterick and Campbell bloody hell that is massive for Brennan, he will Find it hard to replace the quality and experience that trio offered
    I was baffled why we are wooden spoon favourites but now I know why. This has to be the reason. What the heck has happened for Brennan to lose all 3 after just a year???

If someone knows then please detail.