Page 26 of 160 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    TBH, I’m no great fan of Glen and I would go with nearly any of our options except Matthews and the one I do like is Arrow. I think he would bring something to that edge with his defence and off-load without being bashed around in the middle where we have some depth.
    If we really wanted to save money, we could try putting James there again.

Arrow could probably do a solid job there too. If we went down that route, Max King is more than capable at playing lock. I remember him notching like 50 tackles playing there once.

Glenn at the right price would be a safe buy imo.

Inactive User

^^^ James at 2nd row was never given a chance to work out. As soon as Stockwell went down and it was clear that Latu sucks the Coach then gave it away.
    Next year our stocks and front row depth is way stronger.

Just had a look on Titans website at the squad for next year, I was shocked to see Will Mathews is still in our top 30 how in the world is he anywhere near NRL standard

[QUOTE=TitansState;388134] If we went down that route, Max King is more than capable at playing lock. I remember him notching like 50 tackles playing there once.

QUOTE]

Not for me. I want us to win games and we need better forwards than him in the side.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Newcastle trying to offload Nathan Ross?
    He is mad and although he seems to be a cult hero in Newy, I get worried when clubs want to offload blokes like him.
    Same with Dufty - he was the Dragons saviour early this year - what's gone on.

Inactive User

^^^ I think with an injury free year King could be quite a player
    Lately you have been on fire MT but on this occasion I think you are underrating King as a prospect

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ I think with an injury free year King could be quite a player
    Lately you have been on fire MT but on this occasion I think you are underrating King as a prospect
    All good Bods and I hope you are right. I'd like nothing more than to see one of two of these young blokes come through, and I admit I'm a lot slower to warm to them than others. I'm probably comparing with players out of the box but when I see blokes like Radley, Pangai Jnr etc come from nowhere at NRL level pretty quickly I probably judge our blokes harshly.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by lonegull View Post
    Just had a look on Titans website at the squad for next year, I was shocked to see Will Mathews is still in our top 30 how in the world is he anywhere near NRL standard
    Matthews had a player option in his contract for this year which he obviously took up. I can't see him getting any game time if we get another second rower so he can probably just fit into Ryan Simpkins role from last season of either holding the tackle bags at training or getting injured.

I wasn't really that sold on Glen either when the rumours first came onto the market, but I haven't seen either better options since and we do need someone. I don't think he would let us down, however he's not the sort of player that will get us to a top 4 position.

Bods I can see where you're coming from with James but I think last season showed that in the limited time he had in the position that he's lost a lot of lateral mobility and he's not as quick as he used to be when he played there. I was quite excited of that prospect last season but I now think that he is better suited to the front row. I completely agree with you on Max King though. I think he is highly under-rated and was our second best forward on the field in the games he played last year

I personally wouldn’t like Roberts to come back. I understand that he is a top shelf centre, but I get the impression that he isn’t that much of a team player. He goes missing in games and his defense isn’t going to add value to our team. Attack yes. And I would question if he really wants to play for us or if it is just an easier option. I can’t really let go of the fact that he left when we desperately needed him.

I agree with everyone who thinks king should be in our 17. Despite injuries, I’ve seen nothing but effort and improvement. Pretty soon he will have a breakout year. Just hope he’s still with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    I personally wouldn’t like Roberts to come back. I understand that he is a top shelf centre, but I get the impression that he isn’t that much of a team player. He goes missing in games and his defense isn’t going to add value to our team. Attack yes. And I would question if he really wants to play for us or if it is just an easier option. I can’t really let go of the fact that he left when we desperately needed him.

I agree with everyone who thinks king should be in our 17. Despite injuries, I’ve seen nothing but effort and improvement. Pretty soon he will have a breakout year. Just hope he’s still with us.
    100% agree with these comments on Jimmy the ingrate and think King has only exceeded.

Kingy was really starting to make an impact before his injury. He will be huge next year!! I don't like the criticism of Boyle either, I'd suggest it is born from frustration of the season as a whole. Boyle started the season with injury from the pre season and continued pretty busted for the rest of the year.

To me....that shows he has a big heart and if he gets a good off season in and stays injury free, I reckon he'll have a great year! All of our young blokes will reap the benefits of the experience of this year. Mo Fo will only get better too!

TITANS TRAIN AND TRIALLISTS
    Jacob Hind
    Born: Murwillumbah, NSW
    Position: Front-row
    I SC club: Burleigh
    Recent clubs: Sunshine Coast, St George Illawarra

John Palavi (with ball). Picture: Waide Maguire
    John Palavi
    Born: Auckland, NZ
    Position: Lock
    ISC club: Tweed Heads

Previous clubs: Norths, New Zealand Warriors

Christian Hazard
    Born: Toowoomba, Qld
    Position: Halfback/hooker
    ISC club: Tweed Heads
    Previous clubs: Newcastle, Redcliffe

Dylan Phythian got a taste of NRL footy at the Knights. Picture: Peter Lorimer
    Dylan Phythian
    Born: Lake Macquarie, NSW
    Position: Utility
    ISC club: Burleigh
    Previous clubs: Newcastle

Troy Leo has built a reputation as a try-scoring machine. Picture: SMP Images
    Troy Leo
    Born: Takapuna, NZ
    Position: Wing
    ISC club: Burleigh
    Previous clubs: Southport
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

QLD Cup

I was wondering whether Pythian would get a crack. He didn't look half bad for Burleigh.

Brendan Elliot to Manly. I thought he was heading overseas.

Inactive User

I was hoping Caleb Ziebell would have a crack. Bugger.

Is there another Christian hazard? I’m sure we had one in our team years ago.

Inactive User

^^^ it would be the same one. I had pretty high hopes for him back then. We seem a bit overloaded now in the halves, I don’t see the point in him being graded.