Page 25 of 160 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 35 75 125 ... LastLast

This should get the forum going.....

The Mole: Broncos face player exodus if Bennett leaves for Souths next season, Dufty to depart Dragons
    By The Mole
    an hour ago

The Broncos are poised to lose several players should Wayne Bennett go to Souths next season - with strike centre James Roberts now at the top of the list.

I’m hearing Roberts, a big Bennett fan, will quit the club should the master coach pull up stumps next season and not in 2020 as is currently planned.

But Roberts won’t be following Bennett to the Rabbitohs - he’ll be off to the Gold Coast. The speedy centre played some of his best football in his two year stint with the Titans, winning the Dally M centre of the year award in 2015.

The club has been after a top class centre and has been in talks with both the Storm’s Will Chambers and Brisbane’s Jordan Kahu.

But they prefer Roberts to that pair and if Bennett jumps, they will make their move. Roberts is only on a relatively small contract at the Broncos - around $300,000 - and will get a substantial pay rise on the coast.

As was reported yesterday, star forward Tevita Pangai Junior is also considering quitting the club and following Bennett to Souths, while Matt Lodge is also unsigned.

No thanks to Jimmy. Can’t understand why we signed Tyrone , apart from keeping our Mesiah happy.

The same article states Dragons are trying to offload Dufty. I’d much prefer him, he has the versatility to cover a number of positions in the backline and doesn’t come with all the BS that Roberts does

I'd take Roberts back in a heartbeat

Inactive User

James Roberts was quite keen to come back here early last year. I know that for a fact and he would like to return here before his career finishes too. So this doesn’t surprise me one bit.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    James Roberts was quite keen to come back here early last year. I know that for a fact and he would like to return here before his career finishes too. So this doesn’t surprise me one bit.
    What's his motivation after being so aggrieved about the last contract snafu?
    At least he wouldn't be rubbing it in our faces when we play the Broncos.

Would take Roberts in a heartbeat

We're part of a professional football competition that has a handful of elite centres. IMO whether or not we like it, he's one of them..

Also big no to Dufty - no versatility imo and he's strictly a running fullback at this stage

Would also take Roberts back ... he has family on the Coast and wanted to play with T. Roberts as well ... I'm with HS that we are a professional club and strike centers are as important to us as they are to Roses chocolates. That contract stuff was just the excuse he needed to have his crack at Bennett. Would take Dufty too but not Kahu or Glen.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

He can come back if Simpkins gets to knee him back and we have a JP and a video recording of him actually signing a contract.

But it doesn't change the fact you need a very good defender (Gillett) to be his body guard on the field.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    What's his motivation after being so aggrieved about the last contract snafu?
    At least he wouldn't be rubbing it in our faces when we play the Broncos.
    He went to The Drongoes for Bennett more than anything else. He will be living here on the GC post-retirement so he’d be very open to finishing his career here so that it’s a good vibe for him post-footy living here.

A lot of sheep say he played his best footy at the Drongoes but in reality his most spectacular footy was with us. His tries/breaks per carry is much higher in a Titans jersey than in a Drongoes jersey.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 30-10-18 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Would also take Roberts back ... he has family on the Coast and wanted to play with T. Roberts as well ... I'm with HS that we are a professional club and strike centers are as important to us as they are to Roses chocolates. That contract stuff was just the excuse he needed to have his crack at Bennett. Would take Dufty too but not Kahu or Glen.
    Agree, I'm not keen on Kahu. Curious Titanic, if you don't want Glenn who are you happy with playing on the edge opposite Proctor. Hipgrave ?, Cartwright ?, Matthews ?.

The support for ROBERTS to return is very interesting. I thought his attack was weak this year and most of his tries were handed to him on a silver platter. His defense has always been his biggest issue though. Still to this day he makes the stupidest decisions in defence. Defensively i would support any of our centre over him. As for attack, it's been very mediocre anyhow. Right now our team needs to tighten its defence up, and ROBERTS wont be helping there. It's a no for me.

Pffft. The Mole. Why do the media always come up with the tired old "possible mass exodus" melodrama everytime a coach leaves a club?? If I were Jimmy...I'd be excited to play under Seibold! I know Anthony sees Jimmy as a very capable player.

How do you reckon Sami would go playing centre, with Troy Leo on his outside? I'd probably give that a go during trials if I were Garth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Agree, I'm not keen on Kahu. Curious Titanic, if you don't want Glenn who are you happy with playing on the edge opposite Proctor. Hipgrave ?, Cartwright ?, Matthews ?.
    TBH, I’m no great fan of Glen and I would go with nearly any of our options except Matthews and the one I do like is Arrow. I think he would bring something to that edge with his defence and off-load without being bashed around in the middle where we have some depth.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Newcastle trying to offload Nathan Ross?