Page 16 of 160 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 116 ... LastLast
    Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    At what stage do you believe the player? This was all about dollar dollar bills. He is a rep player and wanted to be paid as one after signing a legally binding contract. Whether the Titans came to the party or not should remain behind closed doors.
    It was a horrible thing to put us fans through again. Just allows opposition supporters to once again take pot shots at us.

QLD Cup

I can't say that I am too excited about our roster. If each player lifts 10% and they play for each other we may be competitive but they aren't particularly scary. There are players in the top teams who can turn the momentum of a game but I just haven't seen it in ours.

Unfortunately i agree with you Titanic Believer. I just don’t think we put the fear of God into teams. Our so called Masiah is overweight , we had to bring back his best buddy so he plays well. The only 2 players that give me any hope for 2019 , are AJ & Arrow. Even our coach has me some what concerned. But i suppose only time will tell

Inactive User

^^^ premiership odds markets have us battling it out with Manly for the wooden spoon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ premiership odds markets have us battling it out with Manly for the wooden spoon
    Same as last year wasn’t it?

First Grader

Where we finished 15th..

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Where we finished 15th..
    F2CAE90C-1D2F-4A68-88A2-C656DE6F1C95.jpg

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by rj62 View Post
    Same as last year wasn’t it?
    I think this year we were stand alone wooden spoon favourite so I guess that now we are joint favourites with another club indicates we are making progress.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Titan68 View Post
    Unfortunately i agree with you Titanic Believer. I just don’t think we put the fear of God into teams. Our so called Masiah is overweight , we had to bring back his best buddy so he plays well. The only 2 players that give me any hope for 2019 , are AJ & Arrow. Even our coach has me some what concerned. But i suppose only time will tell
    Looking on the bright side are there any juniors coming through that can burst onto the scene this year? My concern is outside backs?

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Looking on the bright side are there any juniors coming through that can burst onto the scene this year? My concern is outside backs?
    Kea Pere is probably the most likely. Jesse Arthars can play too. Jax Paulo is there in the development program as well for potentially down the track. Rumour is that Troy Leo is doing a train and trial too..

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    Kea Pere is probably the most likely. Jesse Arthars can play too. Jax Paulo is there in the development program as well for potentially down the track. Rumour is that Troy Leo is doing a train and trial too..
    Perhaps this is what we have to look forward to this year with four players in the Junior kiwi train on squad. And some very young forwards coming back from injury.

Junior

Why can’t we sign someone like Peter Ryan. The man is that renowned for his defence techniques that he is taking the donkeys and the reds on at the same time. We have been bad in defence for the past few years it just seems crazy that we don’t look into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I think this year we were stand alone wooden spoon favourite so I guess that now we are joint favourites with another club indicates we are making progress.
    The point that was obviously missed, was that the start of year prediction didn’t eventuate.
    Only way to compare is to take a look at this time next year rather than jump at shadows

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by Hail Sezer View Post
    I hope Leo is doing train and trial. Cause he is leaps and bounds ahead of the others mentioned. And probably a few that are in top 30.

Suprising they have signed players that are similar in size and shape with Pere, Paulo and Arthars all very similar in playing style and age.

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    I hope Leo is doing train and trial. Cause he is leaps and bounds ahead of the others mentioned. And probably a few that are in top 30.

Suprising they have signed players that are similar in size and shape with Pere, Paulo and Arthars all very similar in playing style and age.
    I see what you are saying about the similar players - so i wonder if they are stockpiling a bit and its up to one of them to stand out and demand a spot.

A bit like when Henry got Paasi, Peteru, Pulu, Robinson and i think another one or two in the same off season. Robinson and the other guy were never heard from again, Peteru never quite made it, and Paasi and Pulu were pretty awesome at times and built careers out of it.

If one or two of that pack stand up then its been a good tactic imo, and fair being fair -Leo's ability and recent performance should have him in good stead.