Page 157 of 160 FirstFirst ... 57 107 147 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,355 of 2400
    First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    "Talk is getting stronger that Super League grand final man of the match Luke Thompson is heading to the NRL - with South Sydney the favourites to gain his services."

Oh **** off. What even is the point of a salary cap in this game?

Is that the Inglis money? Who else is even leaving the Rabbitohs?

"KNIGHTS SIGN BEARS HALFBACK
    Journeyman halfback Jamal Fogarty looks set to join the Knights after a fine season for the Burleigh Bears."

Cowboys sign Esan Masters

https://www.cowboys.com.au/news/2019...onal-marsters/

And where the **** are our signings? 0. Asleep at the ****ing wheel again.

If we sign Matterson and lose Arrow then we've gained nothing.
    We have no money to sign anyone unless players that have been told they wont be re signed get picked up by another club

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    We have no money to sign anyone unless players that have been told they wont be re signed get picked up by another club
    This is true, so what are we waiting for? Other clubs have been off loading their deadwood since mid season. I know we can't force them out but if we do nothing again for the season ahead and good luck getting 2000 people to a game.

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Can someone post the article from the bulletin about the intrust players we could sign??
    Can someone make a list of the Intrust players we've missed out on ... just kidding.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    This is true, so what are we waiting for? Other clubs have been off loading their deadwood since mid season. I know we can't force them out but if we do nothing again for the season ahead and good luck getting 2000 people to a game.
    I thought i read somewhere that at the members forum mal already stated that of the off contracted players they have been told they will not be getting re signed. I think it is just an issue that no1 wants them because theyre that bad..

Hopefully Holbrook comes in and sees their ability, pull some strings with his coach mates in superleague and get the player to agree to head overseas...wishful thinking i know

I don’t disagree that we WANT to shed players but need to ? I pose the question more so in the forwards. When you look at our pack when healthy it SHOULD be able to match any pack.
    8. Mo / Boyd
    9. Peats / Rein
    10. Wallace
    11 . Proctor
    12. James
    13. Arrow.

Then in no order Hipgrave, Whitbread , Stone , Farmer , Cartwright and Latu.

So one should think that this pack should go well. I think our backs are the key issue to sort out. As on paper and taking out Roberts the 7,6 and 1 are all still very young.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Darius is feeling fitter and stronger then ever since his cancer was taken out his prepped big time for the pre season

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny86 View Post
    Darius is feeling fitter and stronger then ever since his cancer was taken out his prepped big time for the pre season
    Really excited to see this kid get a crack this season

Immortal

One of the reasons that Darius Farmer stands out is that he has some real pace and that is something that in the main our pack lacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I don’t disagree that we WANT to shed players but need to ? I pose the question more so in the forwards. When you look at our pack when healthy it SHOULD be able to match any pack.
    8. Mo / Boyd
    9. Peats / Rein
    10. Wallace
    11 . Proctor
    12. James
    13. Arrow.

Then in no order Hipgrave, Whitbread , Stone , Farmer , Cartwright and Latu.

So one should think that this pack should go well. I think our backs are the key issue to sort out. As on paper and taking out Roberts the 7,6 and 1 are all still very young.
    Good questions BT but i think the pack needs changes. You are right about the pack being strong on paper but they simply have not performed. Boyd is useless, both hookers are weak, and James has done little for a couple of seasons now. Add to that, the bench is terribly weak. I just can't see why blokes will all of a sudden improve despite the new coach. The backs are worse. Yet again it seems we are being left at the gate in the new signings stuff and even though I'm 50/50 in regards to Matterson he now seems to be linked with every other club except us.

Sorry for the pessimism but I refuse to put lipstick on a pig like I've done for many years now.

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Can someone post the article from the bulletin about the intrust players we could sign??

The Bulletin looks at five Intrust Super Cup stars who could make an impact at the Titans
    Brent O’Neill, Gold Coast Bulletin
    October 22, 2019 12:00am
    Subscriber only
    WITH a handful of spots left on the Titans’ 30-man roster for 2020, the Bulletin looks at five Intrust Super Cup stars who could make an impact at the battling NRL club.

JAMAL FOGARTY (HALFBACK - BURLEIGH)

This one is a no-brainer. The 25-year-old is a two-time ISC premiership player, has previous experience in an NRL system with the Titans and is the newly-crowned Petero Civoniceva Medal winner.

TOM GILBERT (PROP - TOWNSVILLE)

Contracted to North Queensland, the 19-year-old enjoyed a breakout year with the Blackhawks, averaging 139 running metres across 24 games en route to ISC Rookie of the Year honours.

HARRY GRANT (HOOKER - SUNSHINE COAST)

Earmarked to take over from Cameron Smith as Melbourne’s no.9, Grant was a driving force behind the Falcons’ record-breaking season to finish third in the Player of the Year standings.

TALOR WALTERS (UTILITY BACK - TWEED)

Awarded the Seagulls’ Players’ Player gong this season, Walters underlined his utility value with 14 tries on the wing and at fullback as his side reached the finals for the first time since 2014.

KEENAN PALASIA (SECOND ROW – WYNNUM MANLY)

The 22-year-old was a standout for the Seagulls throughout 2019, averaging 107m and 20 tackles a game to earn two NRL appearances for the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Good questions BT but i think the pack needs changes. You are right about the pack being strong on paper but they simply have not performed. Boyd is useless, both hookers are weak, and James has done little for a couple of seasons now. Add to that, the bench is terribly weak. I just can't see why blokes will all of a sudden improve despite the new coach. The backs are worse. Yet again it seems we are being left at the gate in the new signings stuff and even though I'm 50/50 in regards to Matterson he now seems to be linked with every other club except us.

Sorry for the pessimism but I refuse to put lipstick on a pig like I've done for many years now.
    Jeez MT...that almost reads like a "Ryan" post from over at silvertails at the end of 2018. There were a few over there that thought Des wouldn't make a difference to a weak minded team, lead by a seemingly inept Trent Barrett. This year proved them wrong.

I live in hope that our new coaching crew will produce similar results here. Not sorry for the optimism. I've spent too much money on pig lipstick over the years to give up now!

I know you can take a joke/recognise levity, MT.
    Last edited by Menoitios; 24-10-19 at 07:57 AM.

I'm walking into the membership office and yelling "Menoitios" and see who turns around.

I know you can take a joke/recognise levity, Meno.

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Jeez MT...that almost reads like a "Ryan" post from over at silvertails at the end of 2018. There were a few over there that thought Des wouldn't make a difference to a weak minded team, lead by a seemingly inept Trent Barrett. This year proved them wrong.

I live in hope that our new coaching crew will produce similar results here. Not sorry for the optimism. I've spent too much money on pig lipstick over the years to give up now!

I know you can take a joke/recognise levity, MT.
    All good Meno, and of course I can take a joke - I've been watching the Titans as a member for 13 years now.

You must have spent a fortune on lipstick.

First Grader

You can’t coach speed and we are by far the slowest team in both the forwards and backs in the NRL and until we start getting some speed across the board instead of a team of plodders we will always struggle to get out of the bottom 8.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'm walking into the membership office and yelling "Menoitios" and see who turns around.

I know you can take a joke/recognise levity, Meno.
    Hahaha!! Menoitios….they seek him here...they seek him there.

The blue, gold and white pimpernel!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    All good Meno, and of course I can take a joke - I've been watching the Titans as a member for 13 years now.

You must have spent a fortune on lipstick.
    I reckon we'll do better now that we're rid of the pig and his sucklings!

13 years. That's a looooonng time! What's one more year, mate? It'd be a shame if we fire up next year and you're not onboard.

Just having a stir.