Page 142 of 160 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2400

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Alex Corvo, strength and conditioning coach for the Qld origin team is looking for a new job. Spent the last 2 years at the warriors and before that the Storm. Sounds like a good signing to me.
    I would love him at our club.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Has Segyaro signed with anyone? He's on bugger all at the moment. Pretty good defender...a livewire out of dummy half.

Yeah, nah????

Rep Player

What do we do with Peats and Rein?

I don't know, to be honest. Peats is here for 2020 and Rein until 2021 (I think)

I was only half-hearted with the suggestion. I just want more energy and enthusiasm next year...from everyone!!

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    I don't know, to be honest. Peats is here for 2020 and Rein until 2021 (I think)

I was only half-hearted with the suggestion. I just want more energy and enthusiasm next year...from everyone!!
    I couldn’t agree more. Just look tonight and we have Cook and Hodgson and tomorrow Smith and the roosters fill in if its not Friend. Geez even Manly had two blokes playing hooker who offered much more than our blokes. When you look at the names above you see just how much our two are off the pace. Manly told Api K to look around and I'd hoped he would come here. Offers so much more than our two.

First Grader

Brisbane Broncos' halfback hunt has a new target in out-of-favour Titans star Ash Taylor
    WRITTEN BY
    LIAM O'LOUGHLIN
    There's no hiding the fact that the Brisbane Broncos need a halfback for 2020 off the back of their tumultuous 58-0 loss to Parramatta a fortnight ago - and Ash Taylor has emerged as a potential candidate.

The 25-year old debuted for the Broncos before signing with the Titans, and has shown glimpses of a representative-calibre playmaker.

0:00
    0:58

5 Things: Will the Roosters roll on to the big dance?
    But in 2019, he fell off the radar and struggled both on and off the field, and rumours are circling he may want out of his lucrative contract.
    And senior reporter Brent Read believes that the Broncos could be keen on bringing him home in 2020.
    “There’s a suggestion that maybe Brisbane are monitoring the situation with Ash Taylor," he said.
    "Perhaps if he gets a release and gets a decent payout, Brisbane might be a destination he considers.
    "He wants to stay around that area as it allows him to go home and their a club that are in the market for a halfback."
    Taylor potentially departing the club would also free up some money for them to sign Ryan Matterson, who has become disgruntled at the Tigers.
    MORE: The X-factors who will decide the prelims
    Another name that has been thrown up at Brisbane is Brodie Croft, who reportedly met with Anthony Seibold this week after losing the No.7 jersey at the Storm.
    “They’ve had a meeting with Brodie Croft this week," he said.
    "He’s obviously their priority.

"But, if they can get a guy like Ash Taylor on the cheap it gives them some options.
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 27-09-19 at 06:10 PM.

First Grader

The key to Titans' pursuit
    Toddy Jamieson: Hey lurk Is Ryan Matterson to the Titans going to happen and what other movement is happening at the GC?

The Lurker: Hi Toddy, Matterson’s agent is the Orr brothers, who have an extremely close relationship with the Titans. That's the link.

I'm hearing they're doing everything to offload Ash Taylor, which would be like Christmas as far as releasing pressure on their cap.

Inactive User

No payout for Taylor. Stuff that.
    He can simply just ask for an unconditional release and leave.
    An apology on the way out the door would be appreciated and classy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    No payout for Taylor. Stuff that.
    He can simply just ask for an unconditional release and leave.
    An apology on the way out the door would be appreciated and classy.
    I agree totally with your point of principle Bods but that approach just gets you no where these days, as sad as it is. We pay Ash a million, if someone wants to pay him $500k and we have to stump up the other $500k then I look at it as being $500k better off for the cap. I know I should look at it as being ripped off $500k but I just want to free up money for decent players and blokes that want to be here. Sad, but that's life I reckon.

Inactive User

MT if ATay wants to play for the Drongoes then he will fold for sure if we stand firm

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    MT if ATay wants to play for the Drongoes then he will fold for sure if we stand firm
    Nah mate, it's always about the money. Based on Taylor's efforts in the last two seasons, particularly his off field antics (Hayne, the sooking, personal issues) I reckon he'd be happy to cop the money and play QCup. That certainly doesn't help us and just ties up too much of the cap.
    I know where you are coming from and I definitely agree with your principles, but let's just rid ourselves of him and move on.

First Grader

AT is a cancer in the club and let him do that rubbish at the Drongoes

That article is a long stretch from happening/reality. Who in their right mind would pick up Taylor at this stage? You might get a poke around $100k-150k mark at best, he just comes with too much baggage to be worth any more.

Infact, Liam O'Loughlin isn't doing his credibility any favours by suggesting such.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post

It'd be nice to have the thumbs up forum function back. Pretty well nailed what many of us want, Menoitios.

Inactive User

Our players need to love the club, members, jumper and community in order to get that frantic intense energy, enthusiasm and consistency.

That’s why I’ll always harp on about local juniors. Only they will ever bring that to our jersey. Stick with the Juniors and anyone from outside our area that isn’t performing then don’t stuff about just get them out of our Community and club at first chance.

Why don't we sign Jamal Fogarty? Can't be any worse than Taylor Roberts or jacks