Page 124 of 160 FirstFirst ... 24 74 114 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 134 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 2400
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Aren’t they old teammates but??

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.zerotackle.com/by-the-nu...ans-48057/amp/

Pretty interesting read. Throws up some good ideas and would be interesting if it happened
    I read that article last night. Don't be wowed by the initially-impressive but vague and ultimately vacuous use of numbers and "statistics". It's all based on the assumption that we will be able to offload Boyd, Peats and Latu with zero freight. The most pertinent line in the article is:

"Three bloated contacts gone in Boyd, Peats & Latu (remember, this is hypothetical) which means now we have some cash, 1.7 million a year to be exact, so let’s go shopping."

Who is going to take Boyd's remaining 3 years off our hands at $600k/year? Or Latu's $500k even just for one year? Without this, nothing else he suggests works and it's ultimately just more long-winded, amateur navel gazing. I don't want to offload Peats anyway. I think he's the kind of hard-headed defense-focused leader we need and I think he will come good again under a better coach. I'd rather offload Rein (surely someone would pick him up) and get Harry Grant as a bench hooker. Peats, James, Arrow + maybe Watkins for the backs need to be the core of our leadership group and I don't think we should be looking purely at numbers with those kinds of players.

Exactly right, there's no way (and it never happens) that clubs offload players without paying any of their salary. We will have to pay a portion of some of those players which sucks but in the end it works out better for us. Say if we pay 200k for Latu to play somewhere else, someone will pick him up for 200k and then we have another 200k in our cap too (which is better than having an underperforming player who we don't want there).

Signings target Arrow given permission to test market

The race to sign Jai Arrow will intensify this week after the Gold Coast gave their star forward permission to negotiate with rival clubs immediately.

NRL.com can reveal the Titans have put forward a lucrative four-year deal, believed to be around the $3 million mark, to keep the Queensland Origin representative beyond 2020, but Arrow has told the Titans he wants to wait until he hits the open market on November 1 before making a decision.

In a bid to fast-track negotiations, the Titans have granted Arrow’s management permission to receive offers before November 1 from rival clubs for 2021 in the hope of sorting out their future sooner than originally expected.

Both parties don’t want to sit on their hands for the next two months just waiting for the date to tick over to begin negotiations and have agreed it is in the best interests of all involved to kick off proceedings immediately.

The news is expected to ignite a bidding frenzy over the coming weeks for one of the game’s most sought-after forwards.

Parramatta and the Bulldogs are two of the most cashed-up clubs in 2021 and are keen on luring the 24-year-old to Sydney.

Arrow is contracted with the Gold Coast until the end of next season and the club would like to upgrade his final year, however the Titans’ current salary cap situation makes it almost impossible for them to do so unless other players were to move on.

NRL.com understands his preference is to remain on the Gold Coast but is open to testing his value on the open market and potentially moving away if the right deal comes along.

The Titans, who have not made an official statement on Arrow's negotiations, recently identified the lock, fullback AJ Brimson and 19-year-old prop Moeaki Fotuaika as their priority retention targets, extending the deal of the latter earlier this week until the end of 2022.

The headline gave me a heart attack at first but this might be the best thing rather than waiting until November 1 for him to field offers. Speeds up the process and hopefully should re-sign soon.

Furner's assistance in demand
    It appears the Titans may be forced to search for another assistant coach.

Former Canberra coach David Furner flew to the Gold Coast last week to discuss the possibility of joining the Titans as Justin Holbrook’s assistant from next year.

The Titans were convinced he was the right man for the job, however many at the club were surprised when they found out he was in Newcastle on Wednesday interviewing for the role of Adam O’Brien’s assistant.

There’s also a job going at the Wests Tigers as Michael Maguire’s assistant after he informed Craig Sandercock his services wouldn’t be required next year.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/29/...o-test-market/
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Hi, only new to joining but been reading this page for years and thought I’d finally join up and talk footy instead of just reading.. been going to the home games for years and don’t miss many.. my thoughts are Arrow has been made aware of what he can be offered on the open market.. to me it seems like his gone, if you really love where you lived and the club, why test the market? I think we are going to struggle to keep AJ and arrow here together, as much as we want them here.. especially with some overpriced players we have on the books.. but can only hope!

Craig Hodges just announced as east tigers Qcup coach

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Hi, only new to joining but been reading this page for years and thought I’d finally join up and talk footy instead of just reading.. been going to the home games for years and don’t miss many.. my thoughts are Arrow has been made aware of what he can be offered on the open market.. to me it seems like his gone, if you really love where you lived and the club, why test the market? I think we are going to struggle to keep AJ and arrow here together, as much as we want them here.. especially with some overpriced players we have on the books.. but can only hope!
    Yeah I agree unfortunately with your very good first post.
    4 years for $3mill. If he was as committed as he says he is in the media he’d have signed I reckon.
    Looks like he’s been playing with the emotions of fans with his media statements.
    If that’s the case we should never forget that.

But he’s such a great guy that surely I’m wrong.
    Tick tock

Quote Originally Posted by Croc View Post
    Welcome to the forum mate, good to have you on board.

Definitely agree that it would have been nice to see him turn down the open market and just re-sign immediately. But it seems that 99% of players and more specifically managers do this in the current game. It's a way for the manager to get as much money as they can on their end and this is what they get the big bucks for. I'm not too concerned yet but time will tell. Thinking this is just a way for the process to speed up

Welcome Croc.

On topic, that reads like Arrow is gone. Let's not forget that he originally blew us off and went to the Broncos ... words mean nothing, only the signature.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Welcome to the forum mate, good to have you on board.

Definitely agree that it would have been nice to see him turn down the open market and just re-sign immediately. But it seems that 99% of players and more specifically managers do this in the current game. It's a way for the manager to get as much money as they can on their end and this is what they get the big bucks for. I'm not too concerned yet but time will tell. Thinking this is just a way for the process to speed up
    Thanks guys.. been commenting on the fb pages for awhile and went along to the broncos game at suncorp with some of you guys and was a blast.. yeh hopefully but you do see some players just sign on without testing cos they love the club that much.. hope I’m wrong though.. happy moe signed on and I hope AJ will stay too.. he seems to have a lot of love for the club

First Grader

800 and captaincy. Anymore and let him go. Paying overs is what got us into this mess in the first place. Set a fair but firm price and if they wont settle say your goodbyes.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    800 and captaincy. Anymore and let him go. Paying overs is what got us into this mess in the first place. Set a fair but firm price and if they wont settle say your goodbyes.
    Yeah you need to have Gallen’s To be successful
    Blokes that just love the club, wants the challenge and will make sacrifices
    If he’s not that type of guy well you just keep plugging away and hope to god it comes good before you are 6 foot under

Immortal

Great story in relation to Darius Farmer

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2019/...e-should-read/

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Great story in relation to Darius Farmer

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2019/...e-should-read/
    It was a great article good to see he is onboard for another two years.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Couldn’t be prouder of my nephew