Page 122 of 151 FirstFirst ... 22 72 112 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2261
  1. #1816
    Star Player Mr Bods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Currumbin
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    I’ve been thinking about it for a few day but what are everyone’s thoughts on Nathan brown being an assistant here?? Has a good eye for players, sets standards and culture, doesn’t take **** from players. I dunno I could be completely wrong just thought I would get everyone’s opinion.
    What I like about Brown is he’s strength is defensive systems and his weakness is attack.
    Well without a doubt defence is our biggest issue.

    My dream team
    Holbrook (Head Coach/attack)
    Brown (defence)
    Rogers (halves/skills/water bottle)

    Friend-strength and conditioning

    Having said that I firmly believe Holbrook should have full power to hire whoever he chooses
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 27-08-19 at 12:25 PM.

  2. #1817

    Default

    How good is that news with MoFo re-signing. An absolute talent and shining light in what has been a year to forget.

    Now hopefully the announcements aren't too far away on Brimson and Arrow being locked in for a few more years (fingers crossed). If we can clear some deadwood (any of Peachey, Roberts, Copley, Matthews, S Boyd etc) our roster will be looking good and hopefully some improvement in 2020.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Brown won't go anywhere to be an assistant, he wants to be a head coach and has made that a point since he announced he was gone from Newcastle.

  3. #1818
    Captain Bayside Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Skilled Park- S4
    Posts
    2,622

    Default

    I like the sound of Brown as he also has experience in building a roster and setting standards to back Justin up...... he nis a bit of a hard nose....But not sure he would like to sit in the Assistant seat at all...
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

  4. #1819
    One Clubman JunctionBlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Upper Coomera
    Posts
    3,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Have we not seen enough this season (or was it last I can't remember) that when he was playing there he just didn't have enough lateral movement in defence? He kept getting found out and run around. I like James as a starting prop. He is big and can defend well enough to dull down the opposition in the first 20min. I wouldn't be offering more than 500k for him though.
    James is my favourite player in the team. We turned into a bunch of coach killing, talent-less players after his injury. With Boyd and Wallace getting $600K 5 year deals how can we expect James to take less?

  5. #1820

    Default

    Darius farmer is here for another 2 yrs now as well

  6. #1821

    Default

    Where is this ridiculous Brown as assistant idea coming from? The last thing we need to do is undermine our new rookie coach by giving him a recently-sacked head coach as an assistant who clearly would want his job. Holbrook needs to be given the space and assurance to implement his own methods with confidence and without constantly second guessing himself. There are plenty of capable assistants out there who would complement rather than compete.

    Also, not to be a party pooper, but it's only a one year extension for Mo isn't it? Seems more symbolic than anything, but I'll take it as he's my favourite up and coming youngster, even ahead of AJ. What I really want to see is Arrow re-signed. Then I'll be partying.
    Last edited by willhelm; 27-08-19 at 02:08 PM.

  7. #1822

    Default

    Great resigning with Mo but surely we could have made it attractive enough to have him signed for more than 1 more year

  8. #1823

    Default

    The 1yr May be more to do with the salary cap and waiting to see who they can move on by them and how much free money they will have

  9. #1824

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    James is my favourite player in the team. We turned into a bunch of coach killing, talent-less players after his injury. With Boyd and Wallace getting $600K 5 year deals how can we expect James to take less?
    Because we can't allow those stuff ups of contracts to set the precedent. Don't get me wrong, I really like James as well (I think Arrow should be our captain however), but let's be real. He hasn't played for state or country - both of those other players have, he's coming towards the end of his career and above all else I just don't think that a prop who plays 40-50min is worth that money. There have been so many props in the NRL for the last couple of seasons that have been massively over paid and it cripples clubs. (Think Woods, Latu, Boyd, Packer, RCG, Mataulino.. I'm sure there's more). The point is, unless they are a Burgess or a Taumalolo who can play lock and/or second row as well then its not value for money. Corey Oates is struggling to get re-signed at the Bronco's at the moment for 500k, for me that is much better value for money.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunny86 View Post
    Darius farmer is here for another 2 yrs now as well
    When was that announced? Hopefully he gets some NRL game time next year

  10. #1825
    Captain Bayside Titan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Skilled Park- S4
    Posts
    2,622

    Default

    I think the one year extension is also an upgrade as well. Sounds like they re did a 3 year deal to cancel out the remaining two years that he has.

    Also great if true re Farmer. Anyone see where that was announced ??
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

  11. #1826

    Default

    Still development contract

  12. #1827
    Star Player Mr Bods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Currumbin
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Where is this ridiculous Brown as assistant idea coming from? The last thing we need to do is undermine our new rookie coach by giving him a recently-sacked head coach as an assistant who clearly would want his job. Holbrook needs to be given the space and assurance to implement his own methods with confidence and without constantly second guessing himself. There are plenty of capable assistants out there who would complement rather than compete.

    Also, not to be a party pooper, but it's only a one year extension for Mo isn't it? Seems more symbolic than anything, but I'll take it as he's my favourite up and coming youngster, even ahead of AJ. What I really want to see is Arrow re-signed. Then I'll be partying.
    I agree with what your saying re having a high profile man as the assistant
    It’s just that Brown’s reputation as a defence system specialist excites me

  13. #1828
    Star Player Mr Bods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Currumbin
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....5-27f4b430f85b

    This is the attitude that would see us become who we are meant to be
    If the likes of Mo, Arrow, AJ, James, Wallace and our kids coming through have the same attitude we will be super quicker than we think

  14. #1829

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I agree with what your saying re having a high profile man as the assistant
    It’s just that Brown’s reputation as a defence system specialist excites me
    Remember when you were harping on about Tyrone Roberts white anting the joint? That would happen again but ten times worse.

  15. #1830
    Star Player Mr Bods's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Currumbin
    Posts
    2,484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Remember when you were harping on about Tyrone Roberts white anting the joint? That would happen again but ten times worse.
    Speaking of Roberts it was that genius Brennan that brought him back here so he could be reunited with the Million Dollar Piggabeen 5/8.
    Since that hasn’t worked on Taylor can we just get rid of him already?
    We need Roberts off the books.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

ABOUT US

    Established in 2005 as the Gold Coast Titans official Chat Forum, we are now known as the League of Titans Independent Website. A place for fans of the Gold Coast Titans to come and touch base with other diehard fans.

QUICK LINKS

FOLLOW US ON

League of Titans designed and cutomised by Matt Glew