Page 116 of 160 FirstFirst ... 16 66 106 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 126 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 2400

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    I

I have been saying that for a while now.

Our players are both not fit enough to sustain high levels of effort for long periods of time nor are they strong enough as they are continually dominated in the play the ball area and are falling off tackles due to lack of strength.

Our strength and conditioning coach is light years behind the top teams and I would say most teams that unless this is fixed no coach will be able to improve our team
    The proof is in the pudding, Have a look at Manly this year the difference with them I know they have a new coach but they are bloody fit and go the 80 minutes, light years in front of where they were in 2018 and who was their strength and conditioning coach back then

QLD Cup

Who is the young player we managed to keep according to CM?

Immortal

Toby Sexton

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Who is the young player we managed to keep according to CM?

QLD Cup

Thanks. I have noted your comments in the Juniors section.

Inactive User

We need to get Shannon Boyd, Leilani Latuand Ash Taylor off the books. We have props and halves and we get zero value for money for them.
    It would release an incredible amount of Cap Money for Holbrook to begin to reshape things.

Plus of course we can release the likes of Matthews/Stockwell etc and bring in local kids hungry to be here and hungry for opportunity
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 12-08-19 at 07:41 PM.

Junior
    Last edited by timor 2; 12-08-19 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    We need to get Shannon Boyd, Leilani Latuand Ash Taylor off the books. We have props and halves and we get zero value for money for them.
    It would release an incredible amount of Cap Money for Holbrook to begin to reshape things.

Plus of course we can release the likes of Matthews/Stockwell etc and bring in local kids hungry to be here and hungry for opportunity
    If only it was this easy.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    If only it was this easy.
    Didn’t say it was. But with some luck and creativity there might be a way.

Gold Coast may have to let big earners go to balance salary cap
    AUGUST 12, 2019
    The Gold Coast Titans prospects of climbing up the premiership ladder may rest with letting some of their highest paid players leave the club a year early.

The Titans have three long-term signing priorities — Jai Arrow, AJ Brimson and young prop Moeaki Fotuaika — but outside that trio, most of the remaining deals are negotiable.

Club culture boss Mal Meninga revealed last week the Titans only have $100,000 left in their salary cap, raising questions of how new coach Justin Holbrook can revive a team headed for the wooden spoon this season.

Live stream the 2019 NRL Telstra Premiership on KAYO SPORTS. Every game of every round live & anytime on your TV or favourite device. Get your 14 day free trial >

Proctor could be one of those looking for a new club. Photo: AAP Image/Dave Hunt
    Proctor could be one of those looking for a new club. Photo: AAP Image/Dave Hunt
    But the club has $3.5 million tied up in cap money on 10 players whose contracts expire next year, and whose form has ranged from average, to poor, to non-existent through injury.

Among those players with one year left on their contracts are Kevin Proctor, Ryan James, Nathan Peats, Dale Copley and Tyrone Roberts.

One way the Titans have of refreshing their list is to allow these players to accept longer term deals with other clubs.

Instead of staying for one more year on the Coast, they may be able to secure a two-year deal at a rival club at this season’s end.

Plenty of clubs would be ready to take Wallace. Photo: AAP Image/Dave Hunt
    Plenty of clubs would be ready to take Wallace. Photo: AAP Image/Dave Hunt
    State of Origin forward Jarrod Wallace has two years left on his contract and has been one of the club’s most consistent players this year but it has been rumoured his future at the Titans will come under a stern focus over the closing weeks of the season.

Wallace admitted to The Courier-Mail recently that despite the fact he had a long-term deal, there was no guarantee his position was safe.

“The new coach coming in is going to be watching so we all, as players, have to make sure we are putting our hands up,’’ Wallace said.

“Even with myself, I can’t think ‘I’m safe’. The new coach might not like me and want to move me on, so the whole squad is playing for their futures and it’s important we have to impress the new coach in the coming weeks.”

The Titans are working hard behind the scenes to improve the club’s junior network and feeder systems but will not get due credit for their progress until their “shop window’’ — the first grade team — starts winning.

With the future of million-dollar singing Ash Taylor clouded, the Titans desperately need a marquee player and a leader.

QLD Cup

Surely super league would be an attraction option for Copley at this stage of his career.

Also, bit of a far left idea but the Eels look like they will be having a crack at D. Fafita from November 1 but are also hopeful for getting him for next year too. Would it be worth talking to the Broncos and gauging their interest in a potential swap deal with Taylor. They need a half and although he has had a miserable year they were disappointed to lose him when they did.
    Last edited by NZFan; 13-08-19 at 07:59 AM.

If we're gonna get rid of Taylor of consider swapping him for someone like Glenn and then using leftover money to brimg back Sezer and get rid of Roberts aswell

Inactive User

I’d rather Taylor flat out asks for a release from his contract and asks for a fresh start. The club could At least suggest it.

Rep Player

I wonder if Ash's best path would be some time in the Super League to play off-the-cuff footy and rebuild his shattered confidence. Perhaps not given that his partner is expecting their first child and their support networks are in SEQ.

Immortal

Official Site article on the signing of Toby Sexton

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2019/...d-coast-titan/

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Official Site article on the signing of Toby Sexton

https://www.titans.com.au/news/2019/...d-coast-titan/
    Who are the other six?