Page 11 of 160 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Tyrone Peachey agent’s explosive new claims against Titans

TYRONE Peachey’s manager Sam Ayoub says the Penrith playmaker remains undecided about honouring his three-year Gold Coast deal due to unresolved welfare issues.

Ayoub told The Daily Telegraph he contacted the Titans six weeks ago to raise Peachey’s concerns about relocating.

Peachey’s partner is reluctant to move after the couple recently built a new home in Sydney’s west.

She has also spoken to partners of former Panthers players now at the Titans who expressed concerns about living away from home.

Ayoub also accused the Gold Coast of shopping Peachey to another club without consent, a claim the Titans have strongly denied.

Ayoub believes this is a double standard given the Titans’ strong stance on Peachey honouring his deal.

Sam Ayoub and Tyrone Peachey continue to have reservations about the Titans contract.

“They offered him to another club without his knowledge, not once but twice,” Ayoub said.

“Why would a club do that and why would a player want to play for a club that has done that to him?

“It appears hypocritical that they want to hold onto a player whom they have discretely been trying to offload behind the scenes.”

Ayoub said the Gold Coast are yet to resolve Peachey’s concerns and at this point he won’t be joining the club.

He also stressed he hasn’t asked the Titans for a release.

“Contrary to what the Titans have said in the public, I went and raised Tyrone’s concerns with the club,” he said.

“I hoped the concerns would have been addressed six weeks ago but I’ve had nothing come back to me of any constructive nature.

“In fact, there has been no direct contact with the player on any significant level other than to say we want you here and we’ll talk to you.

Gold Coast Titans boss Graham Annesley has strongly denied there are welfare issues at the club. Picture: Jerad Williams
    “At the expense of not embarrassing the club, I certainly won’t detail that publicly but the procrastination and lack of attention will eventually lead to further investigation.

“It is amazing because a little action and care earlier would have avoided all of this.”

The Daily Telegraph can also reveal the RLPA have contacted Peachey to gain greater clarity around the circumstances.

However, Peachey hasn’t asked the RLPA for their assistance.

Under the new NRL rules, players can’t backflip on a deal like Daly Cherry-Evans did on the Gold Coast in 2015.

Peachey has signed a three-year deal and the Titans must grant a release for him to join another club.

But at this point things could get ugly if Peachey stands his ground.

The Titans have already publicly said the NSW Origin star can sit on the sidelines if he doesn’t honour his deal.

This would rekindle memories of Gorden Tallis, who was forced to sit out the 1996 season due to a contract dispute with the St George Dragons during the Super League war.

Just sue his ass off on November 1.

Time for the club to put this to bed ... public debate between Ayoub and Annesley before he goes.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

Lachlan Fitzgibbon apparently wants out of the knights. Now there is a 2nd rower who has improved immensely over the last couple of years who knows his way to the try line. Would enhance our edges quite considerably.

If we have marquee money available i wonder how hard we will go for Oates?

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Lachlan Fitzgibbon apparently wants out of the knights. Now there is a 2nd rower who has improved immensely over the last couple of years who knows his way to the try line. Would enhance our edges quite considerably.
    He would be a great get. he typically runs right edge as well i think, but has played enough left from memory.

I would snap him up in a heart beat

First Grader

Would be a great buy, any idea as to why he wants out of the knights? He seems to be thriving there.

First Grader

Newcastle's dilemma

He’s the best young forward to come out of Newcastle for many years - but I’m hearing Lachlan Fitzgibbon isn’t happy and wants out for next season.

The 24-year-old Fitzgibbon had a great year in 2018 and looks to have a massive future in the game.

But for some reason - probably a secret approach for a rival club - he is looking to get a release from the final year of his contract in 2019.

It leaves the Knights with the classic dilemma: do you keep a player who isn’t happy, or just cut him loose?

Fitzgibbon is all class; a power forward with the ability to break the line, and would be a massive loss for the club.

Knights officials are desperately trying to solve his problems and make him feel an integral part of the club again.

Newcastle's dilemma

He’s the best young forward to come out of Newcastle for many years - but I’m hearing Lachlan Fitzgibbon isn’t happy and wants out for next season.

The 24-year-old Fitzgibbon had a great year in 2018 and looks to have a massive future in the game.

But for some reason - probably a secret approach for a rival club - he is looking to get a release from the final year of his contract in 2019.

It leaves the Knights with the classic dilemma: do you keep a player who isn’t happy, or just cut him loose?

Fitzgibbon is all class; a power forward with the ability to break the line, and would be a massive loss for the club.

Knights officials are desperately trying to solve his problems and make him feel an integral part of the club again.
    I’d be pretty surprised if Newcastle let him go.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Have read recently that we apparently didn't proceed with our offer to Ryley Jacks, who is close to signing with Canberra. Also read Cowboys have offered us Javid Bowen and Brennan apparently is doing his "due diligence".

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Have read recently that we apparently didn't proceed with our offer to Ryley Jacks, who is close to signing with Canberra. Also read Cowboys have offered us Javid Bowen and Brennan apparently is doing his "due diligence".
    That’s interesting. Fox Sports only posted on Monday I believe that we’re still in talks with Jacks and we’re believed to be offering him a one year deal. If they decided not to proceed with this, I wonder why.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobes View Post
    That’s interesting. Fox Sports only posted on Monday I believe that we’re still in talks with Jacks and we’re believed to be offering him a one year deal. If they decided not to proceed with this, I wonder why.
    Was in today's Courier Mail. Mind you it was probably by Peter Badel so don't trust anything that douche writes.

How did we miss out on Ramien?
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    Was in today's Courier Mail. Mind you it was probably by Peter Badel so don't trust anything that douche writes.
    Funny you should mention that, pretty sure it was actually was him

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    How did we miss out on Ramien?
    how do you mean? i am not up to date with him except for him being a talent? is he a local, have ties here etc?