Page 106 of 160 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 116 156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2400
    QLD Cup

Nice to see I'm not alone on this one. Willy I'm not sure what the deal is but rugby league has long overlooked the basics of passing and catching (IMO). I know that while playing union back home we were always told that the standard non spin pass is easier to catch but the spin pass will get there faster and is more accurate if done correctly. Obviously there are circumstances when you need to use both but the simple principles of passing from dummy half should be transferable. Rein was actually doing it reasonably well at the start of the season where he would throw these long spinning passes and the commentators were loving it. If I am to be critical though, they were quite loopy but the idea was there. There is no doubt that the balls are slightly different Numbers but I would still argue there is still a huge amount of room for improvement. Taylor actually has a very good pass and is one of the few that can throw it on the run. If we could speedup his service then our backs would have so much more time.

Ozynorts I would give anything to have Maloney here at this point in time. Let's hope one of the journalists start a rumour about a potential Peachey/Maloney swap and get some minds ticking.

Rep Player

Maloney would be awesome but he will get 800k+ in Super League and I don't think we can afford him. What do you guys reckon about Foran on 500k? Dogs want to offload him and pay up to half his $1m salary. Imagine a fit Foran controlling the game from 5/8 and letting Ash do his thing while mentoring him for a couple of years. Issue is he hasn't been fit for years...

Foran is never fit, we should sign sezer on the cheap!

Rep Player

Sezer is contracted to the Raiders for 2020 so would require a release. They have signed George Williams from the Super League and have Sam Williams as backup so may not be unrealistic.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
    No, not quite. Though the two balls are obviously very similar, they do have slightly different dimensions and overall shape (the balls used in league are slightly more pointed than the ones used in union): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Footba...Rugby_football

While I haven’t watched much union for the last couple of decades, having watched a reasonable amount of both codes live and on the tube over the years, I think it would be fair to say that the ball used in union flys slightly further through the air than the one used in league.
    Crazy. I would have put my house on it that the uniom balls were more pointed...

Nothing against you personally RavShamrock but are you certain Arrow is leaving? Because these are comments from him just today:

He wants to be around for the long haul with the Titans and intends to sign a contract extension with the club.

"I have come out openly and said I would love to stay. I have only spoken to my manager once and he was renegotiating contracts with them which I am pretty excited about," he said.

"There is a lot of speculation going on with all the contract talk which is pretty bizarre. It is better that clubs want me rather than they don't and I am pretty happy about that but… I am pretty proud of playing for my home town and would love to lead this club to success.

"It is somewhere where my family is and my partner is from. What better place to live at then the Gold Coast is what I say."

Arrow has been tagged as a future captain of the club and said it was a role he would embrace if ever given the honour.

"If I was to get given the job I would take it with both hands and do the job to the best of my ability. Dark [Ryan James] is the captain at the moment and I think he is doing a great job. He has been there for nearly a decade and is a great ambassador for the club."

Aaron Smith is a god amongst men when it comes to passing. The best i have seen and probably will ever see in my lifetime
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Nothing against you personally RavShamrock but are you certain Arrow is leaving? Because these are comments from him just today:

He wants to be around for the long haul with the Titans and intends to sign a contract extension with the club.

"I have come out openly and said I would love to stay. I have only spoken to my manager once and he was renegotiating contracts with them which I am pretty excited about," he said.

"There is a lot of speculation going on with all the contract talk which is pretty bizarre. It is better that clubs want me rather than they don't and I am pretty happy about that but… I am pretty proud of playing for my home town and would love to lead this club to success.

"It is somewhere where my family is and my partner is from. What better place to live at then the Gold Coast is what I say."

Arrow has been tagged as a future captain of the club and said it was a role he would embrace if ever given the honour.

"If I was to get given the job I would take it with both hands and do the job to the best of my ability. Dark [Ryan James] is the captain at the moment and I think he is doing a great job. He has been there for nearly a decade and is a great ambassador for the club."
    Mate I’m not happy with the my mail either so I did actually double down and asked the question again today and the answer was unchanged…Gone.
    I hope its wrong

i dont think you deserve animosity at all, but i do think your batting .333 ( the Kevvie one is still up in the air i guess so could end up at 2/3) and so credibility of your source might rest on what happens with Jai.

not to be nasty but i hope your source whiffs this one as well.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i dont think you deserve animosity at all, but i do think your batting .333 ( the Kevvie one is still up in the air i guess so could end up at 2/3) and so credibility of your source might rest on what happens with Jai.

not to be nasty but i hope your source whiffs this one as well.
    The rumour reflects not badly but extremely badly on the character of Jai Arrow given his multiple statements saying he wants to and will be staying, he loves the GC etc.
    So a lot rides on it.
    It needs to not hold up or RVS has a genius source.

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    Well Bodsie my mail is you will get your wish shortly.

Brennan is a dead man walking with a disgruntled playing group forging the final nail.
    Origin 3 can’t come quick enough for most except Brennan whom will be replaced soon there after by Kevie (undecided) or Mal will step up.
    As you can see DB I was spot on with saying “Kevie (undecided) or Mal will step up.”

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    what are the playing group disgruntled about Ravs?

besides being not up to it - anything particular?
    I didn’t reply on this one cause it was a bit raw at the time but Brennan’s SCREAMING (in an unprofessional manner) at players and in front of other team members was why I heard the group were pissed

Glad you had 333 tis my favourite number and thats no ****

Neither Kevvie or Mal have taken over so that's probably why he's saying you're at 33%. Given that Helen Keller knew Brennan wouldn't last I place your record lower. Now you have stated before that Jai will stay and Jai will go, so no matter what happens, you're right again.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Neither Kevvie or Mal have taken over so that's probably why he's saying you're at 33%. Given that Helen Keller knew Brennan wouldn't last I place your record lower. Now you have stated before that Jai will stay and Jai will go, so no matter what happens, you're right again.
    Yeah saying Garth was a dead man walking isn’t exactly a watergate level scoop

I expect better from you Bodsie to be honest.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    I expect better from you Bodsie to be honest.
    This is about Jai Arrow rather than you RVS. I just don’t believe Jai has been telling such emphatic lies to all of us.
    His credibility is on the line.
    If he signs a contract with us it just means your mail was wrong.

If he does leave then I’ll be piling in on Arrow big time and apologising and saying all hail to you and your source in Usain Bolt time.

Let it unfold