Page 10 of 160 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 60 110 ... LastLast
    First Grader

I'm sorry but peachy ain't that crash hot. He aint the saviour I'd have far prefer we signed matterson

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I'm sorry but peachy ain't that crash hot. He aint the saviour I'd have far prefer we signed matterson
    Peachey will win games, I'd take him ten times over Matterson. Matterson is a walking injury at the moment. Only swap I'd do out of Penrith would be Kikau. He's what Proctor should have been for us.

I’ll say it again ... Kikau, Blake and/or Yeo or blow.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Peachey will win games, I'd take him ten times over Matterson. Matterson is a walking injury at the moment. Only swap I'd do out of Penrith would be Kikau. He's what Proctor should have been for us.
    geeze Kevin "ive yet to break a tackle running out wide in the centres" proctor has been disappointing for us given the money and hype.....

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    So Ryan Simpkins has retired and TRD has been released
    TRD had enough chances to impress and hasn't come to much so no real loss. Simpkins has been solid at times but he tried to retire last year before Brennan talked him out of it for a season so not surprised to see him finish up.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    I’ll say it again ... Kikau, Blake and/or Yeo or blow.
    yeah its one of those two ( id take both over Peachey ).

Shame we didn't make a play for Corey HN seeing as he got forced out - he is a good second rower and i thought theyd keep hi for sure - probably take him over Matterson also

So Annesley on Triple M yesterday said that we did not inquire to swap Peachey for Maloney at all. We inquired to buy Maloney and were quickly shut down, but that didn't involve Peachey. He said that we still have a fair bit of cap space to go for a marquee player like Maloney.

Graham Annesley refutes Phil Gould’s claim Gold Coast proposed James Maloney-Tyrone Peachey swap deal
    Who is telling the truth?
    Written By
    STEVE ORME @SteveOSportal
    Gold Coast CEO Graham Annesley has contradicted Penrith boss Phil ‘Gus’ Gould’s claim the Titans proposed a swap deal that would see the Panthers keep Tyrone Peachey and send NSW five-eighth James Maloney to the Glitter Strip.

Gould said on his Six Tackles With Gus podcast last week: “(The Titans said) ‘you can keep Tyrone Peachey and we’ll take Maloney because we’d like a player of his experience’.

“I said, ‘James Maloney’s not for sale’.”

Peachey has signed a three-year deal with the Titans from next season but caused a stir last week when he publicly suggested he was considering back-flipping on the deal.

Annesley, who threatened Peachey with the prospect of sitting out for three seasons if he doesn’t honour his Titans deal, confirmed Gold Coast made an approach about Maloney but says is wasn't as part of a swap deal.

“Well there was certainly a discussion between Phil Moss and the Panthers about (James) Maloney some weeks ago,” Annesley told Triple M.

“But the information that I’ve been given – and the way we operate at the Titans is that I don’t handle player negotiations, they’re handled by Phil Moss our head of football – was that that was an inquiry about Maloney’s availability generally.

“And of course you can’t negotiate with any player unless you get the approval of their club, and we were very quickly told that he wouldn’t be released so that was the end of that conversation.”

Pressed again on whether the Titans proposed a swap deal, Annesley replied: “No, we’ve still got some capacity if another elite player became available and that was the discussion as it’s been relayed to me through Phil Moss.”

Annesley said he is confident Peachey will honour his three-year deal with the Titans all-but confirmed speculation the NSW utility is trying to extract more money from his new club.

“There’s been some negotiations going on behind the scenes about Tyrone’s family and whether they are completely comfortable with relocating from Penrith where they are obviously very comfortable,” he said.

“…And there’s been some discussions over the terms of the agreement that was signed back March and we were hoping to resolve those matters without it becoming a public issue but when it did go public I had to respond and defend the club.”

elite player.....

it just moved

Gus’s God complex kicking in again

Phillip ‘Gus’ Gould is a complete tosser ... he couldn’t lie straight in an MRI ... dealing with Penrith is a mistake on several levels and when you add Ayoub into the equation the only result can be disappointment.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

First Grader

I wonder how much money we have left on the cap..? I honestly thought we were near capacity with upgrading aj and hipgrave plus signing Boyd, Roberts and peachy. What sort of money is an elite player worth? 750k+ ?

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    I wonder how much money we have left on the cap..? I honestly thought we were near capacity with upgrading aj and hipgrave plus signing Boyd, Roberts and peachy. What sort of money is an elite player worth? 750k+ ?
    I'd be happier to think we are close to offloading a couple of ex-penrith players that have done nothing for us rather than sitting there with salary cap in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I'd be happier to think we are close to offloading a couple of ex-penrith players that have done nothing for us rather than sitting there with salary cap in hand.
    There was some talk that Latu May sign with the Tigers a few months ago. Seems to have gone quiet now.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady