Page 130 of 160 FirstFirst ... 30 80 120 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 140 ... LastLast
Results 1,936 to 1,950 of 2400

The Arrow situation is hard for me. At the start he was all about the club and wanting to help build the future and I was happy with that. Then all of a sudden it was, I'll let my manager handle things and see what happens. I kind of hope those comments were to appease his manager in some way...but at the end of the day, it's Jai's choice...not his managers.

I'll tell you what almost killed me! last night after the storm/cowboys game...Max King was gushing in an interview with grandstand about how good it was to be in a winning system. He said it was good to be learning all week at training and then to be part of a winning side on game day was something he hadn't been part of previously.

I was pushing for Max to be part of the team each week this year in the backrow and it gutted me to see him sign with the storm. How we and Craig Bellamy could see his talent...but that idiot Brennan couldn't is baffling.

His comments were hard to listen to last night...because they screamed the truth of how we are travelling.

Welcome Meno and truer words never spoken ... you add Boyle to that too, imho.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    The Arrow situation is hard for me. At the start he was all about the club and wanting to help build the future and I was happy with that. Then all of a sudden it was, I'll let my manager handle things and see what happens. I kind of hope those comments were to appease his manager in some way...but at the end of the day, it's Jai's choice...not his managers.

I'll tell you what almost killed me! last night after the storm/cowboys game...Max King was gushing in an interview with grandstand about how good it was to be in a winning system. He said it was good to be learning all week at training and then to be part of a winning side on game day was something he hadn't been part of previously.

I was pushing for Max to be part of the team each week this year in the backrow and it gutted me to see him sign with the storm. How we and Craig Bellamy could see his talent...but that idiot Brennan couldn't is baffling.

His comments were hard to listen to last night...because they screamed the truth of how we are travelling.
    Those were my feelings too. Watching him play, thinking of Boyle and realising if we loose Arrow, there won't be much for a new coach to work with next year. Perhaps there is new talent on the way ?
    With a few exceptions I don't have much faith in the current roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Those were my feelings too. Watching him play, thinking of Boyle and realising if we loose Arrow, there won't be much for a new coach to work with next year. Perhaps there is new talent on the way ?
    With a few exceptions I don't have much faith in the current roster.
    That's where my hopes are lying at the moment. I want to believe that we are not that short sighted that we'd let go young talent with no thought (or plans) for the future. Surely the club has something in place in the way of moe talent coming in.

I love the idea of bringing up young juniors. But I'm also in favour of bringing in established stars (if possible) to help our young blokes develop. I wonder how a bloke like James Maloney could have helped our young blokes develop that win at all costs mentality.

Fingers crossed that Mal's big push into the market place nets us something!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Welcome Meno and truer words never spoken ... you add Boyle to that too, imho.
    Yep! You have to ask...what is it that Brennan couldn't see that coaches like Hasler and Bellamy could see. Or was GB just a spiteful little bugger that held grudges...to the detriment of the team and our performances. Oh well...it's good to be rid of him!! GB that is.

None of them have set the world on fire since leaving us. Still no tears here.

People were saying the same thing about Elgey when he left and he can't even get a start at Manly.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 07-09-19 at 03:30 PM.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post

People were saying the same thing about Elgey when he left and he can't even get a start at Manly.
    I made my comment because King was having a better than average game with real purpose and effort. Some thing I haven't seen from our blokes for a long time.
    Of course he was surrounded by a mass of talent and guided by one of Rugby Leagues greats on the field and one of the all time great coaches off the field, this helps.

I think both King and Boyle will become solid nrl players under good coaches. What gives me the dry squirts is that they could have became that here...if we had a coach that could actually do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post

all 5 Manly halfs would get a start at the Titans
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by teke View Post
    all 5 Manly halfs would get a start at the Titans
    Absolutely correct at this time.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Was confirmed after the game that Matthews, Gordon, Arthars, Lee and Stockwell are departing the club. That leaves Jacks with a question mark and leaves us with 5 spots to fill so far for next year (hopefully more when we shop some blokes around).

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Was confirmed after the game that Matthews, Gordon, Arthars, Lee and Stockwell are departing the club. That leaves Jacks with a question mark and leaves us with 5 spots to fill so far for next year (hopefully more when we shop some blokes around).
    That's a relief that we won't be re-signing Stockwell. As for Lee, he was given plenty of opportunities and never took them so that's no real loss as far as I'm concerned.

Having let go of two outside backs, I wonder if the club will make a play for Greg Leleisiuao. He has topped offloads, running metres and linebreaks in reserve grade and is stuck behind Fergo and Sivo at the Eels. We have at least one starting wing position free next year which could be a significant draw card for him, as well as him being a junior here. I've sort of gone off the idea of going after Rapana, mainly because of his salary and his proneness to injury.

Rep Player

Real shame about Brenko. Has so much potential but hasn't been able to get it together at 3 clubs now. Not sure what his problems are as he seems to offer a lot in attack, so I don't really know where he goes from here.

Agree with you NZFan about Leleisiuao potentially being a decent buy, especially given his history with us, though I've heard his defensive deficiencies outweigh his insane attacking stats. I believe he's a left side player so I can imagine a pairing of him and Kelly being an absolute nightmare and leaking like a sieve. I'd rather we go after Corey Oates. I know he's a Broncos diehard but there are question marks around whether they will be able to keep him if they choose to pay Fifita market value. A big metre eating winger is what we need regardless, so if we can't get Oates, Leleisiuao would be a good cheap option. I'm with you on not chasing Rapana because his contract would be inflated significantly due to his willingness to go to Japanese rugby. Love him as a player though and would be great to see him come full circle and finish where he started.

QLD Cup

I'd love Oates as well but the club doesn't seem to be interested in him. They have had numerous opportunities to make a play for him but haven't shown any interest.

I would love to see Leleisiauo back here
    Bring back Kevin Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I'd love Oates as well but the club doesn't seem to be interested in him. They have had numerous opportunities to make a play for him but haven't shown any interest.
    No salary cap. Last time Oates wanted top 2nd rower money to sit on a wing.