Page 126 of 160 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2400
    Inactive User

does my head in a terrific young player tied to the Inner City of Sydney.
    Last edited by Mr Bods; 01-09-19 at 12:54 PM.

Immortal

Plenty of the PBC boys are with the Titans. For the people who watched the PBC/Marsden GIO Cup match on Fox Sports Caleb Hodges (3), Toby Sexton (7) and Ediq Ambrosyev (9) are all Titans contracted and all made their Colts debut yesterday for Tweed Heads.

Also No. 14 Bailey Martin who scored an outstanding first half solo try is a Titan and impressively is only 16 years old. .

Inactive User

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....527c988e54b376

Heartbreaking....this bloke who’s our local kid has gone from “my home town” and “I love it here” to saying “my goal is to win a premiership” and “I’ll do what’s best for my family”.

Arrow reveals the single factor to decide his future in the NRL

Raiders run coast-to-coast
    HE’S in-demand and Jai Arrow has revealed exactly what will decide his NRL future.

The Gold Coast star says winning a premiership will be the most important factor when deciding where he’ll play beyond next NRL season.

However Arrow believes the Titans aren’t too far away from contention. Arrow will be among the game’s biggest names free to sign with rival clubs when he enters the final year of his current contract on November 1.

TUGUN’S RLGC SHOWDOWN

And the Queensland State of Origin representative is already understood to have garnered interest from a handful of clubs on deals north of $900,000 a year. But while the dollars play a key element, Arrow insists success is his priority.

“Obviously you only have a short term to make money but the ultimate prize and goal is to win a comp,” Arrow said.

Jai Arrow is tackled during the Round 24 NRL match between the Newcastle Knights and the Gold Coast Titans at McDonald Jones Stadium. Picture: Tony Feder/Getty Images
    Jai Arrow is tackled during the Round 24 NRL match between the Newcastle Knights and the Gold Coast Titans at McDonald Jones Stadium. Picture: Tony Feder/Getty Images
    “That’s solely what I want to do and that’s where I have to look.”

But the 24-year-old insists that doesn’t mean he has ruled out staying with the last-placed Titans, who slumped to their 10th straight defeat on Saturday night. Arrow, who grew up on the Gold Coast but made his debut with Brisbane, is adamant he can see the club improving quick enough to be a title force.

JOKE HAS GONE ON TOO LONG AT TITANS

“I moved to Brisbane obviously and then got the opportunity to come back down, which I was very happy to do. It kick-started my career,” he said.

“At the end of the day, the ultimate goal is to win a comp and that’s what I want.

“(But) with the squad we’ve got here and individual players we have, I think we can do that. It’s just going to take some time to turn it into team performances.”

Arrow has already emerged as one of the game’s best middle forwards at the Titans after making his Maroons debut last year.

TITANS SHOCK: I’m to blame for club’s demise

It’s why he hinted as giving Gold Coast, whose horror season will come to a merciful end against St George Illawarra next week, a hometown discount.

“I’ve come out openly and said I’m happy on the Gold Coast, it’s my home town. I can’t thank them enough for the opportunities that they’ve given me,” he said. “I come down from Brisbane not knowing whether I’d be in the team one week. “Coming down and being an Origin player, I’ve got to look at that as well. I consider myself a loyal guy.

LOST TITANS: Luke Bailey

“But at the end of the day, I’ve got to do what’s best for myself and my partner.”

Inactive User

^^^^^ tell me that I’m overreacting please if I am.

I think what he said is fair enough. Want to win, would like to stay, appreciate the club and will look after the family ... pretty much says it all ... he’s gone I think.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^^^ tell me that I’m overreacting please if I am.
    I'm none the wiser after reading that article. One minute one thing, next the other. He says he is a loyal guy - if so, sign, as the Titans would have offered very good money. The fact that our guys always get September off and have a longer off season must hold some attraction.

I always like the usual comment "at the end of the day I've got to do what's best etc etc" If one club offers $800K and another $900k, after tax there is not much difference. It might mean a lot when it's $200k to $300k but at $800k I don't think it would make a difference. There was an article in one of the papers today that indicated his partner's career (she is a model, apparently) would do much better if she was in Sydney, so that will not help us.

The way it reads, pretty well suggests he's good as gone.

Can't blame him, bit like the old saying... " It's hard to soar like a eagle, when you're surrounded by turkeys."

Reading that he is gone. Who in their right mind thinks we will win a comp in his career lifetime?

First Grader

This is why the Titans have no heart. Arrow wants the soft option by wanting to go to a team who will a premiership. Why not take the challenge and work hard and do everything in his power to win the premiership for his home team. He and the rest of these bunch of losers want the easy way out and it is no wonder why the team is a shambles when our leaders talk about pursing the soft option

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    This is why the Titans have no heart. Arrow wants the soft option by wanting to go to a team who will a premiership. Why not take the challenge and work hard and do everything in his power to win the premiership for his home team. He and the rest of these bunch of losers want the easy way out and it is no wonder why the team is a shambles when our leaders talk about pursing the soft option
    I’m with you totally on that sentiment. Harden up and achieve something special.

Can someone please send Jai a pick of Gallen and ET crying after the '16 GF, or the pride in which Paul Harrigon lifted the trophy for all of Newcastle after the '97 grand final.

To be the one who lifts the team over a period of time would be so much more satisfying than just jumping into a roosters team on the fringe.

It's his own life, and he can do as he pleases, but how your win your comp influences your legacy more than if you win a comp.

Hindmarsh is a legend of Parra cos he fought for 300 games for a premiership, and the pain that he didn't is on his face forever, but his legacy is as a loyal soldier who never stopped or quit.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    Can someone please send Jai a pick of Gallen and ET crying after the '16 GF, or the pride in which Paul Harrigon lifted the trophy for all of Newcastle after the '97 grand final.

To be the one who lifts the team over a period of time would be so much more satisfying than just jumping into a roosters team on the fringe.

It's his own life, and he can do as he pleases, but how your win your comp influences your legacy more than if you win a comp.

Hindmarsh is a legend of Parra cos he fought for 300 games for a premiership, and the pain that he didn't is on his face forever, but his legacy is as a loyal soldier who never stopped or quit.
    Unreal. That’s what it’s about.

QLD Cup

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mol...0-92f776671d6e

Its from the Mole but WWOS are reporting that we are considering GGM from the Cowboys. I wouldn't be completely opposed to this, he certainly brings some ex-factor out wide which we have desperately been lacking since Mead and Gordon left. Also mentioned in the article is Marsters. After watching last weekend I think we can agree that Watkins is not NRL standard (yet?). Either Ramien or Marsters would bolster that side of the field for us. We already decided not to make a play at Waka Blake, surely we have a crack at either of these players.

On a side note it would be nice if the club came out this week and farewelled the players who won't be with us next season before our last game. Not so we could say goodbye, but more for peace of mind that we won't be re-signing Matthews or Stockwell.

Is he the one that can't catch?

- - - Updated - - -

For those that don't have the pleasure of Mal on Mondays

Dear God,

The Titans’ 2019 season may be over on Saturday night, but the hard work continues for us first thing on Monday morning.

The focus of the players and coaches may not extend much further than Saturday night, but for us working behind the scenes at the Club, the view is a little further afield.

November 1, to be precise.

Much has been made of the fact that the Titans have Jai Arrow and AJ Brimson off-contract at the end of 2020 – and therefore, both players are able to be approached by rival clubs from November 1.

But it seems to have been forgotten there are 15 other NRL clubs with talented players able to negotiate in the first week of November. And there are some that we are very, very interested in having a chat with.

To give you an idea of where the Titans are at, we have 14 players – including Jai and AJ – coming off-contract at the end of 2020.

Will all 14 of those players be at the Titans in 2021?

Realistically, the answer is no.

But that means we will have the money and roster places available to chase players that we want to be here.

Our decision to let Jai’s manager go to the open market before November 1 was criticised by some people, but to me it is common sense.

Jai has a very good offer on the table to stay at the Titans, and we really hope that he accepts it and stays on the Gold Coast.

We have made it clear that Jai is seen as a player this club can build around for the years ahead. He is undoubtedly a future leader of the Titans.

But if, despite our best efforts, Jai’s manager should decide his client’s future is away from the Gold Coast, we can begin the difficult task to try to replace him.

While we have 14 players free to negotiate with rival clubs on November 1, every other club is in the same boat.

Brisbane have 12 players off contract, Canberra have 15, South Sydney have 9, the Roosters have 11, and the Melbourne Storm have 21 players able to negotiate on November 1.

It is a buyer’s market, and we are keen to go shopping.

We will apply our new recruitment criteria in assessing the credentials of players we are interested in.

Are they from the Gold Coast? Are they the right character to be Titans? Can they improve us as a club on and off the field with the standards they expect from themselves and demand from others?

Plenty fit that criteria.

Will we be talking to David Fifita about returning to the Gold Coast, where he went to school at Palm Beach Currumbin High School? Of course we will.

What about his Broncos teammate Thomas Flegler, who could follow Jai Arrow’s path to State of Origin by becoming a senior player at the Titans? Absolutely.

Canberra’s Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad? Josh Jackson and Dallin Watene-Zelezniak from the Dogs? Felise Kaufusi and Ryan Papenhuyzen at Melbourne? Kyle Feldt and Jordan McLean at the Cowboys?

We would be keen to have a chat with all of them.

I know as Members it has been hard to avoid the doom and gloom being thrown around about your club this season.

There is no doubt we wanted it to be more successful.

For a lot of reasons, it wasn’t. But there has been a stack of work going on behind the scenes to ensure we are on the way up – and in a hurry.

External recruitment and better salary cap management are just two of those areas. We have changed coach, turned over a lot of staff, and changed important areas like our junior development and pathways programs.

The Titans are a very different beast compared to where we were last off-season.

As this is my final Mal on Monday column for the year, I wanted to share this with you for a couple of reasons.

The first was to tell you to stick solid, and don’t give up. Believe me when I tell you, contrary to what big mouths outside the club have to say, the Titans are going in the right direction.

As a member, you have done the hard yards. Don’t jump off now when better days are just around the corner. You owe it to yourself to be a part of it.

Secondly, I just wanted to say thank you for your support of the Club this year, and all the years before.

I know it has been tough to see the Club perform so poorly on the field, particularly when we all hoped for a successful season.

But the reason it hurts so much is because you love the Titans, and we are working hard to return that love.

It is doubly-hard to take with people outside of the Club putting the boot in to the Titans, and accusing you – our fans – of not caring about the Club enough to see it survive.

We are building something special here and we want you to be a part of it.

Mal Meninga

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Will we be talking to David Fifita about returning to the Gold Coast, where he went to school at Palm Beach Currumbin High School? Of course we will.
    Wait what.
    Last edited by TitansState; 03-09-19 at 11:21 AM.