Page 50 of 160 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 60 100 150 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Well, if he's dropped his "baby fat".......why call him rotund??

Ash will have a corker this year!!
    Because he was. Did you not watch last year? He is a much better player than we saw.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Well, if he's dropped his "baby fat".......why call him rotund??

Ash will have a corker this year!!
    Are you an employee of the Titans? If not then you should be. Your propaganda skills are of the highest quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Boonarga View Post
    Because he was. Did you not watch last year? He is a much better player than we saw.
    Yes...I watched last year. A lot of our guys looked like they'd been grazing in a good paddock. I also know Ash is a very good player. Why not just say, Ash is looking fit and focused?

How about we call him...the player formerly known as, rotund. Lol!

I'm not having a serious go at you, mate. Just passing the off season as positively as I can.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Are you an employee of the Titans? If not then you should be. Your propaganda skills are of the highest quality.
    LOL! It's the Titans or bust for me. I hope we blitzkrieg the rest of the comp this year!!

Lol Meno ... I just visited the Holy Grail castle a week or so ago ... but I agree Taylor was doing extras when I was at training ... anyway I’ll be back this weekend.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    Lol Meno ... I just visited the Holy Grail castle a week or so ago ... but I agree Taylor was doing extras when I was at training ... anyway I’ll be back this weekend.
    Nice! Hey mate....can you do me a favour? The next time you're casting an eye over the squad, can you have a good look at Latu and let us all know how he's going? I was very excited about his signing.....and very let down by how he went last year.

I would really like to see him back to his best this year!

Actually....that's an open request to anyone that gets to have a look at the squad. I'd very much appreciate it!

Cheers!

It's so good to not be in the news this off season. Our club seems to have turned a corner. All reports coming out of training are good and the squad is behaving off field as well. Happy times coming.

Inactive User

^^^^ you are inviting trouble with comments like that Boonarga.

At the risk of being told to ' FOOK OFF ' I just want to wish you guys a great season. I believe with your forward pack, if they play to their potential, not their hype, then they are going to cause a lot of carnage to most of the other clubs.

I am thinking a top eight is a more than realistic goal, And once you make the finals, it is a complete new ball game.

Best of luck

Pete

Onya Pete ... we are almost all Cows fans except when we play each other. Your season without JT will be a great challenge and you’ll never get told to “far cough” on here.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

If we fix our right side defense we're top 8. Thanks for the vote of confidence CTP.

Inactive User

When we have these discussions we forget how often the NRL referees especially Sutton Brothers, Atkins and Badger (but they aren’t alone) go out of their way to cheat and not give us a fair rub of the green.
    Injuries as well and The quality of our rehab will be vitally important too.
    Our onfield leadership is diabolical (referees don’t take James seriously and Taylor has never stepped up to be our onfield General).

Our squad looks good on paper but there are real issues that need addressing. I don’t know how we can stop referees from being biased against us. The rehab/leadership issues we at least have control over.

Darryl Kelly would be sitting back with a “ That’s why we did due diligence on Norman and not the right fit “ smile on his face the past few days.

CTP- good to see you pop up again. Thanks for the vote of confidence for the lads. Still love the Cowboys as they were my team. Your pack still looks great. Best of luck this season.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

Ezra Howe from Tweed has joined the Titans as the Recruitment Manager. Any idea what he is like

NEW Zealand Kiwis assistant coach Ezra Howe has joined the Gold Coast Titans as the club's recruitment manager.

Howe, who is also the current head coach of the Junior Kiwis, has joined the Titans from the Tweed Heads Seagulls, where he was the development manager.

Prior to that, Howe was the junior development manager at the Canberra Raiders, where he worked in the NRL system for nine years.

Howe's appointment is another major investment by the club in the region's rugby league nursery, after the November unveiling of the Titans Elite Development Squad – an elite pathway for under-16 and under-18 players who aspire to represent the Titans in the National Rugby League.

Titans Executive Chairman Dennis Watt said Howe's appointment would help the club meets its ultimate ambition of a roster consisting predominantly of local juniors produced in the Gold Coast and Northern Rivers regions.

"With the TEDS program, the club has made a seven-figure investment in our communities to ensure the region's young players have a clear pathway to realise their dreams of playing in the NRL without having to leave the crucial support networks of family and friends," Watt said.

"Ezra's appointment as recruitment manager is a continuation of that investment, and a further sign of our faith in the quality of players being produced in the region.

"Ezra has been on the Gold Coast for 12 months working with Tweed, and already has created terrific relationships around the clubs, schools and community at large.

"He brings a terrific amount of skill, passion and expertise to an area that is vital to the long-term health and success of this club, and rugby league generally on the Gold Coast and the Northern Rivers.

"Ezra also brings a huge amount of experience at the game's elite levels through his roles as head coach of the Junior Kiwis, and as assistant coach to Michael Maguire with the Kiwis Test team.

"He will be a terrific asset to the Titans' football operations."

Howe said the chance to work in the NRL system in one of the game's strongest and proudest traditional nurseries made joining the Titans an opportunity too good to ignore.

"There is incredible pool of talented young players here on the Gold Coast," Howe said. "People don't realise how big rugby league is on the Gold Coast, and how many talented kids we have coming through the ranks at the moment.

"The club has made an incredible investment in the future with the creation of the Titans Elite Development Squad to ensure the most is made of that fantastic potential.

"My role with the Titans is to ensure that the club is being proactive in identifying and developing talented players, helping local clubs and the local areas, and making sure the best of these young kids grow up wanting to be Titans."

Howe will continue in his roles with the New Zealand Rugby League in addition to his duties with the Titans.

"The club was happy with me to continue in both roles with the Kiwis, and I thought it was important too because it helps me stay relevant in my position and allows me to do my job better," he said.

"Because I am dealing with young, talented players more often, I can better relate to where they are on their development journey.

"It just helps with my skills in recruitment as well, because I have seen all of these guys develop over many years, so I am able to see certain traits in the guys that really go on with their careers and the ones who don't."
    Last edited by Whats Doing; 16-01-19 at 03:49 PM.

SAMI FIGHTS FOR SPOT
    http://www.couriermail.com.au

TITANS winger Phillip Sami faces a fight to hang on to his NRL berth at the Gold Coast this season.

Sami is one of the hottest young prospects in the NRL and is being viewed as a potential Queensland Origin player.

But he is locked in a battle with Brenko Lee for the leftwing spot at the Titans.

Lee, a Queensland Emerging Origin player, faces being squeezed out of the centres due to the arrival of Tyrone Peachey and Brian Kelly.

Veteran Anthony Don is a favourite for the right wing, leaving Lee and Sami to battle it out on the left.
    PUT EM TO THE SWORD! SHOW SOME STEEL!

Moejoe: "REMEMBER!!!! SLIP - SLOP - SLAP in the sun. Skin Cancer is a growing problem. It could happen to anyone!!"
    TITANS, DIEHARDS, WARRINGTON WOLVES, MAROONS, KANGAROOS, HONG KONG THUNDER

Troy Leo anywhere near Titans training?
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]