Page 98 of 160 FirstFirst ... 48 88 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 108 148 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 2400

i think Arrow will stay, although i'm not sure he is worth 800k, he is just a metre eater and tackle machine - not explosive, doesn't create at all, and is injured quite a lot.

if he played 80 minutes maybe id be more likely but that sort of money is for the top end forwards.

QLD Cup

Spot on Willhelm. Germalism at its best. Its appalling that they can publish such crap.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i think Arrow will stay, although i'm not sure he is worth 800k, he is just a metre eater and tackle machine - not explosive, doesn't create at all, and is injured quite a lot.

if he played 80 minutes maybe id be more likely but that sort of money is for the top end forwards.
    You are right DB but I think he is the best player we have and we may have to pay overs to keep him. To a point we may recoup some of the overs as his resigning may attract players here but more importantly might stop a rush to the exit doors.
    We already have many players on overs, in fact I don't think we have many being paid at their true value. Based on form, just in the forwards, off the top of my head, we have Cartwright, Boyd, Peats and James getting far more than what they are worth. It doesn't justify paying Arrow more but I think he has more upside than any of those just mentioned. I just wish I could work the secret out of why players come here as decent players and quickly get turned in to average players.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    You are right DB but I think he is the best player we have and we may have to pay overs to keep him. To a point we may recoup some of the overs as his resigning may attract players here but more importantly might stop a rush to the exit doors.
    We already have many players on overs, in fact I don't think we have many being paid at their true value. Based on form, just in the forwards, off the top of my head, we have Cartwright, Boyd, Peats and James getting far more than what they are worth. It doesn't justify paying Arrow more but I think he has more upside than any of those just mentioned. I just wish I could work the secret out of why players come here as decent players and quickly get turned in to average players.
    Arrow and Latu come off contract at the same time. Take Latu’s 500k and put it straight into Arrow’s next contract. Job done.

Junior

We already have many players on overs, in fact I don't think we have many being paid at their true value. Based on form, just in the forwards, off the top of my head, we have Cartwright, Boyd, Peats and James getting far more than what they are worth. It doesn't justify paying Arrow more but I think he has more upside than any of those just mentioned. I just wish I could work the secret out of why players come here as decent players and quickly get turned in to average players

For the very same reasons that they come here at all.
    They don't come here to win a premiership. They don't come here to further their career. They come for the overs that we are forced to pay to get a decent player here.
    Look at it from outside the GC bubble. We are an under-supported club with zero expectations. They don't feel like they are letting anyone down. When play in Sydney, myself and maybe half a dozen others show up. When we play at home, half the crowd are supporting the away team. So who are they letting down? Life time supporters who bask in the glory of past premierships? Nope. We are only 12 years old with no past glory. Nor can we look back fondly on the "golden years" of the Giants, Seagulls, Gladiators and Chargers. Most Gold Coasters down even come from here. They bring their allegiances with them. Most Titans supporters support them as their second team, hence the large away team support at home games. How did you feel after our last home game MT?
    Unfortunately GC community is a little bit thin on ground. So what have that got to play for? Pride? Pride in a club they feel no connection or obligation to?
    Pride in the club will only come from local juniors. Refer to my post from yesterday.
    Last edited by Marvin the Titan; 16-07-19 at 08:22 PM.

Local juniors, after I spoke to one of Arthars junior coaches about the move to the Broncos he said "best thing for him, that club will be back on its feet in 2 years, Titans won't". So I wouldn't count on the local community pushing players to go to the Titans over the Broncos or other clubs. I coached for 6 years. Never had a kid in my team that was a TItans supporter.

As for Arrow, this looks all too familiar. The "we'll keep him" chant will come and go just like Arrow will if he can get the cash and a chance of a premiership.

Inactive User

How’d they get those numbers?? I think it’s just guesswork

Last month they had Latu on 400k and Cartwright on 750k. They are just making up numbers to suit the narrative.

Also, I think all of those players will improve immensely under an experienced coach (if we pick the right one). All of them were Origin players/in origin talks until they started playing under Garth, coincidence??? I think not

Well to be fair:
    Taylor is on a million
    James is $700
    Boyd is $600
    Cartwright is $600
    Peachey is $600
    Wallace is on $600
    Peats is on $600
    and Latu is on $500
    so it's 5.2 million

Proctor $550

Source is Zerotackle. Articles linked on site usually support their figures.

Not sure why 4 out of those 8 whom were chosen by our previous coach would improve under another.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 17-07-19 at 12:17 PM.

To me it just seems a bit of a coincidence that before playing under Garth Brennan:

-Peats was NSW hooker in 2017 and playing solid footy under Henry (one of Henry's biggest supporters). Hasn't played anywhere near that well under Brennan.

-Taylor was being touted as the next big thing and was leading try assists before Brennan took over and he's never played the same since

-Latu played for City Origin team and was in the talks to debut for the Blues before coming to play under Garth (signed in late 2017 when Brennan was appointed)

-Cartwright was being pushed for Origin in 2016 and to be fair the whole drama with his ex passing away and slamming him in the media before she did has seemingly affected him for the last 2 years. However, he seems improved this year and hopefully keeps getting better.

-Peachey was literally a SOO incumbent when we signed him so either again it is Brennan or he's trying to get out of his deal (likely)

-Wallace I'm fine with as long as he gets the stupidity out of his game.

-Proctor and Boyd I won't defend. Both are going terrible and are wastes of $$

Maybe I'm being too harsh on Brennan and too positive on the players, but I can't see how all of these players just happened to dip in form all at the same time under the same coach.

I could argue 9/10's of that away as those people were playing for contracts which ended up being grossly inflated and then their form dipped.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Local juniors, after I spoke to one of Arthars junior coaches about the move to the Broncos he said "best thing for him, that club will be back on its feet in 2 years, Titans won't". So I wouldn't count on the local community pushing players to go to the Titans over the Broncos or other clubs. I coached for 6 years. Never had a kid in my team that was a TItans supporter.

As for Arrow, this looks all too familiar. The "we'll keep him" chant will come and go just like Arrow will if he can get the cash and a chance of a premiership.
    It’s a fair point from Arthur’s junior coach etc however we have a squad equal to the Broncos. We just need a coach to extract the actual ability for all the players. I would expect that if we employ an NRL experienced coach , next year he should have them firing but round 8 or so.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post

So what Arthurs???? Play for your local team. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    So what Arthurs???? Play for your local team. End of story.
    My point being that SOME of our juniors are led to believe, or believe that the grass is greener.