Page 120 of 160 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,786 to 1,800 of 2400
    First Grader

Anyone get the feeling that Taylor is playing the game to get back to the Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Anyone get the feeling that Taylor is playing the game to get back to the Broncos
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Then lets play and make some trades. Plenty of people up the highway I would take over our back line and second row and front row and the list goes on and on.

Bods, I thought the NRL pays the salary cap for players wages.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 20-08-19 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    Bods, I thought the NRL pays the salary cap for players wages.
    The NRL gives the clubs a grant and the clubs decide how to spend it but yes it is always spent on paying players.
    Any money above that the clubs earn via memberships etc can then be spent in other areas.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    The NRL gives the clubs a grant and the clubs decide how to spend it but yes it is always spent on paying players.
    Any money above that the clubs earn via memberships etc can then be spent in other areas.
    Without what we and others tip in, the joint doesn’t exist. So yes, we pay their wages JB. Don’t let these blokes not be held to account for the slop they serve up to all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Without what we and others tip in, the joint doesn’t exist. So yes, we pay their wages JB. Don’t let these blokes not be held to account for the slop they serve up to all of us.
    They are accountable. There is very little the club can do to convince me to renew next year. Wife has no interest and I honestly can't give tickets away unless I'm giving them to a supporter of the opposition.

They don't have a home ground anymore. They attract crowds on the basis that the team they support will flog us and they'll be there to see it.

Rep Player

I think we should be looking at Euan Aitken whom the Dragons are trying to offload. Has had a poor year in a poor team but a good coach could turn him around. Dragons will possibly subsidise his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    I think we should be looking at Euan Aitken whom the Dragons are trying to offload. Has had a poor year in a poor team but a good coach could turn him around. Dragons will possibly subsidise his contract.
    We have no salary cap.

Rep Player

We have no salary cap.
    Until we offload some deadwood Aitken wouldn’t be on that much anyway, especially if subsidised.

Not sure where Aitken fits though. We have Kelly on the left and Watkins has been okay on the right.

Wing and second row are more where we need to fill imo

QLD Cup

Dale Copley 2.0. Good with ball in hand, terrible in defence. No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    Dale Copley 2.0. Good with ball in hand, terrible in defence. No thanks
    Agreed. Aitken has shown little for two seasons now and there was word that the dragons wanted to cut him earlier in the season. We don't need this hit and hope signings.

Until we offload some deadwood Aitken wouldn’t be on that much anyway, especially if subsidised.
    We don't subsidize contracts and we over pay. See the problem we created for ourselves. Buckle in and wait for a few years for this teams contracts to expire. Or we get the 200 pokies approved and then we can join the rest of the teams.

Rep Player

We don't subsidize contracts and we over pay. See the problem we created for ourselves. Buckle in and wait for a few years for this teams contracts to expire. Or we get the 200 pokies approved and then we can join the rest of the teams.
    I think if push comes to shove, we will subsidise contracts provided they're not asking for a ludicrous amount. I took it as more of a scare tactic to try to light a fire under the likes of Peachey, i.e. don't expect to be able to sook your way into a subsidised contract.

QLD Cup

I think if push comes to shove, we will subsidise contracts provided they're not asking for a ludicrous amount. I took it as more of a scare tactic to try to light a fire under the likes of Peachey, i.e. don't expect to be able to sook your way into a subsidised contract.
    I tend to agree. For instance I cannot see the club saying no to paying half of Latu's freight to sign somebody who is actually first grade standard. Same goes for Copley and Roberts, they would be silly to not chip in portion of their salary to get them off the books. I think the media talk is more about preventing other clubs from trying to low ball us.

I see Newcastle is going to give an 18yo junior a crack this weekend in first grade. (This isn't a stat but) I reckon we would be one of the worst teams in the comp for not giving our youngsters game time. Apart from Arthars have we debuted anybody this year? Two games ago Penrith had a team who were all local juniors apart from Tamou and the Bronco's have been playing a very young team all season. Sure neither team is going to win the comp but I'm sure that we would all rather be where they are on the table than where we are. Why do we keep persevering with these plodders that other clubs don't want?