Page 19 of 160 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 119 ... LastLast

That happened really quickly. Must’ve been told there would be no offer after 2019 and that he would be playing in qcup. Frees up room for peachey, but I must admit I had a soft spot for konnie. Great with the fans, just made a few too many errors.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    The GCB article on Hurrell mentions Brendan Elliot as a Centre option for next season. Is he now staying or is that just poor journalism??

I’m sure Elliott is gone.

someone pointed out on twitter sarcastically how much February in Leeds will suit Koni's game....

as in cold and slippery and maybe not very easy to hold a football i imagine.

At what point did Hurrell ever show the club the disrespect some of you guys are showing him on here? Sure, he has butter-fingers at times and a cushion for a shoulder but I can't think of one time when he didn't give it his best shot unlike some others. I wish him the best of luck in England. As for Peachey ... the jury is still out for me on his commitment and whether he is the marquee player we need. One thing for certain, if he plays with half the passion of Hurrell then he'll be a good buy.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Inactive User

^^^ my memories will be quite fond of him Titanic. He was good for the Club.

I thought he was a terrific clubman and I loved watching him play (sometimes holding my breath) - though in the harsh light of day to be truly competitive, we need someone who has better hands , is less prone to silly errors , with better defence and fitness.

In saying that I hope Koni kills them over there and enjoys success.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
    At what point did Hurrell ever show the club the disrespect some of you guys are showing him on here? Sure, he has butter-fingers at times and a cushion for a shoulder but I can't think of one time when he didn't give it his best shot unlike some others. I wish him the best of luck in England. As for Peachey ... the jury is still out for me on his commitment and whether he is the marquee player we need. One thing for certain, if he plays with half the passion of Hurrell then he'll be a good buy.
    I have to agree re Peachey
    I am hoping like hell he brings his A game up and commits. I can only take it on face value which makes me lukewarm at best at the moment.

No doubt he has incredible skill and he displays that up here then happy days.

Roll on 2019

I echo comments about Koni he was a great clubman and his work and the community was second to none, he was a crowd and kids favourite off the field and should be commended for the work he done away from the footy field, on the field his defence was a massive liability and his stupid errors but you can take one thing out of his game he always gave a 100%

See today in the CM that Chambers has a possible link to us. It’s interesting this rumour has been doing the rounds for a while now.

On Koni he for mine will be sorely missed. His passion for our jersey was more than many other players that have came to our club in the past. My family love you Koni and we wish you well and you will always be a Titan in our eyes.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Koni was always one of my favourites. His presence will be sorely missed. I remember the days when he was with the Warriors and he just steamrolled our defence.
    My only regret is that we didn't get him five years earlier. Hoping he terrorises the S.L.

By my count we are sitting at 28 out of our squad of 30.

I am really keen on getting Alex Glenn if we can and mentioned that a couple of months ago.

For me, it looks like:-

1. Brimson
    2. Don
    3. Copley
    4. Peachey
    5. Gordon
    6. Jacks
    7. Taylor
    8. James
    9. Peats
    10. Wallace
    11. Proctor
    12. Glenn (hopefully if signed)
    13. Arrow

Reserves
    14. Rein
    15. Cartwright (if shows some form)
    16. King
    17. Boyd

Depth

18. Arthars
    19. Sami
    20. Lee
    21. Pere
    22. Roberts
    23. Hipgrave
    24. Matthews
    25. Stockwell
    26. Whitbread
    27. Fotuaika
    28. Boyle
    29. Latu

I know Kiah Cooper was classified as a development player and read Troy Leo is trialling with us.

To me that looks a decent squad. Definite depth in the middle forwards, but a biggest question mark on edge backrowers (hence being so keen on Alex Glenn).

Have i missed anybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausphin View Post
    By my count we are sitting at 28 out of our squad of 30.

I am really keen on getting Alex Glenn if we can and mentioned that a couple of months ago.

For me, it looks like:-

1. Brimson
    2. Don
    3. Copley
    4. Peachey
    5. Gordon
    6. Jacks
    7. Taylor
    8. James
    9. Peats
    10. Wallace
    11. Proctor
    12. Glenn (hopefully if signed)
    13. Arrow

Reserves
    14. Rein
    15. Cartwright (if shows some form)
    16. King
    17. Boyd

Depth

18. Arthars
    19. Sami
    20. Lee
    21. Pere
    22. Roberts
    23. Hipgrave
    24. Matthews
    25. Stockwell
    26. Whitbread
    27. Fotuaika
    28. Boyle
    29. Latu

I know Kiah Cooper was classified as a development player and read Troy Leo is trialling with us.

To me that looks a decent squad. Definite depth in the middle forwards, but a biggest question mark on edge backrowers (hence being so keen on Alex Glenn).

Have i missed anybody?
    Other Development players are Jaxson Paulo and Darius Farmer.

Kiah Cooper won't be there in 2019 from what I understand.

QLD Cup

I cant see Sami being out of the starting line up come day one. Gordon on the wing seems to be because he is too good to leave out but you want to put him somewhere so why not on the wing but I feel he would be mediocre at best there.

i guess Gordon has played as much wing as fullback probably, and played a SOO match in the position, but it was all the first half of his career mainly.

He is smart, hustles and would be safe under the ball. i think he should probably be in the team and that might be the only spot left for him - but it means Don misses out which would feel a bit harsh.

the back 5 for round 1 is going to be VERY interesting. Garth could mess it all up before we even get on the pitch

Gordon can also help AJ out a bit on field with some FB stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    i guess Gordon has played as much wing as fullback probably, and played a SOO match in the position, but it was all the first half of his career mainly.

He is smart, hustles and would be safe under the ball. i think he should probably be in the team and that might be the only spot left for him - but it means Don misses out which would feel a bit harsh.

the back 5 for round 1 is going to be VERY interesting. Garth could mess it all up before we even get on the pitch

Gordon can also help AJ out a bit on field with some FB stuff.
    Don’t forget goal kicking too with Gordon. For me at the moment the less responsibility Ash Taylor has the better.

The centre opposite Peachey might be between Copley/Lee/Sami.

Inactive User

With Koni gone maybe we can make a last minute play for Oates or TPJ

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    With Koni gone maybe we can make a last minute play for Oates or TPJ
    i think its Koni for Kahu