Page 112 of 160 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 122 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 2400
    QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny86 View Post
    Need to get rid of some other players first to free money up that’s the biggest problem
    Also going to be hard signing new players without a coach this season

Good clip on FB just now and Phil Gould gets asked what he would do if he was made coach of titans.

he bascially said ' youve just had two coaches sacked as a playing group and youll probably get me too. Theres no leadership, no toughness or heart and too many people up here for the money and the night life so this is what we are going to do. Brimson, Arrow and Fotuaka step over here, everyone else - there's the door, don't let it hit you on the way out'

GOLD. can Gus come up and do performance review and contracts please

Can’t argue with that, Holbrook should be booking a plane full of tickets departing the Gold Coast as his first job

In all seriousness and looking at other posts here, the only players that deserve to stay are AJ, Arrow, JWall, James, Whitbread, Kelly, Watkins and Proctor (if he plays like he did last week). The rest can either GTFO or are on their last chance.

yeah i would personally add James, Wallace and Kelly. that's about it.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Can’t argue with that, Holbrook should be booking a plane full of tickets departing the Gold Coast as his first job

In all seriousness and looking at other posts here, the only players that deserve to stay are AJ, Arrow, JWall, James, Whitbread, Kelly, Watkins and Proctor (if he plays like he did last week). The rest can either GTFO or are on their last chance.
    Don’t forget Mo!

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Don’t forget Mo!
    Oh yes how could I bloody forget! Definitely add Mo to the top of that list. Or like Gould said “Fotuarka” whoever that is

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/gold-co...e-94fa3e4995e7

Link to the video as mentioned above.

- - - Updated - - -

The Mole: Wests Tigers planning raid for Titans star AJ Brimson
    By The Mole
    an hour ago

There's more bad news in store for the bruised and battered Gold Coast Titans.

I'm hearing Wests Tigers are already planning a raid on the Titans' best young player - electric fullback AJ Brimson - for 2021.

Brimson, a match-winning utility back who at 20 will only get better, is signed with the Titans until the end of next season.

That means that the Tigers can begin formal talks with the youngster in November - and word has it they are already preparing an offer too good to refuse.

With Benji Marshall likely to retire at the end of next season, Brimson shapes as the perfect player to fill his large shoes.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/gold-co...e-94fa3e4995e7

Link to the video as mentioned above.

- - - Updated - - -

The Mole: Wests Tigers planning raid for Titans star AJ Brimson
    By The Mole
    an hour ago

There's more bad news in store for the bruised and battered Gold Coast Titans.

I'm hearing Wests Tigers are already planning a raid on the Titans' best young player - electric fullback AJ Brimson - for 2021.

Brimson, a match-winning utility back who at 20 will only get better, is signed with the Titans until the end of next season.

That means that the Tigers can begin formal talks with the youngster in November - and word has it they are already preparing an offer too good to refuse.

With Benji Marshall likely to retire at the end of next season, Brimson shapes as the perfect player to fill his large shoes.
    I think AJ and Arrow will stay regardless of our current predicament.
    I can’t believe how these experts are preaching we should stop paying overs for out of towners and concentrate on bringing through local juniors and paying market value.

Golly who would have thought.

I actually think we can turn this around quicker than people think.
    Players buy in to Holbrook (which they will)
    Meninga stops being Mr Nice Guy (he needs to because he’s losing credibility)
    Some dead weight is told to GAGF (Take your pick of about 25 listed players there)
    Arrow made Captain (got to happen)
    James plays with some mongrel now he’s not Captain (set him free)
    Local Juniors like Arrow/Brimson/James/Kelly/Proctor etc sign contracts like Gallen said that is slightly below Sydney money in order to help our Cap (in the early 80s every Cronulla player took a 50% pay cut to stop the club from going under)

Get all that happening then we come maybe 12th in 2020 and then a bit more trimming of the list and we look to be borderline top 8 in 2021 when the Beautiful Pokies Money and Alcohol Money starts to solidify our financial base and gives us more surety at Junior Development.

As you can see on my profile the original GC NRL team was the Gold Coast-Tweed Giants
    Why not be the Gold Coast-Tweed Titans too.

Rep Player

Turpin off the market. Sorry @NZFan.

https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2019...h-the-broncos/

The Broncos have nailed down another stake in the club’s future with the signing of young hooker Jake Turpin.

Turpin has signed a three-year deal with the Broncos, that includes options in the players’ favour in years two and three.

It is a just reward for the 22-year-old Queensland product, who hails from Haigslea, just west of Ipswich.

Turpin has had a breakthrough season in 2019, playing strongly at both hooker and in the halves in 13 NRL matches.

He has scored two tries, including the match winner over the Cronulla Sharks last month.

Broncos’ chief executive Paul White said the Ipswich Brothers’ junior had earned his new deal.

“We are very pleased to have locked Jake up as he had attracted plenty of interest from elsewhere,” said White.

“Jake has shown everyone the talent he has and the progression he has made this season.

“The Broncos are excited to sign him to this contract and look forward to watching him develop further in the coming years.”

Turpin said he was excited to have cemented his future as the Broncos try to make a run for the NRL finals.

“I am very happy to have signed this contract to stay with the Broncos,” he said.

“My aim now is to work hard over the next five weeks to ensure the team has its best shot at the NRL finals.”

That run will begin with Thursday's XXXX Derby against the North Queensland Cowboys in Townsville.

Inactive User

^^^ we have a number of young hookers in our Junior Development program. Show Peats and Rein the door, free up some cap space and give the young fellas a crack

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    ^^^ we have a number of young hookers in our Junior Development program. Show Peats and Rein the door, free up some cap space and give the young fellas a crack
    Who are you referring to? Have they played QCup yet or are they still juniors? I don't think showing Peats and Rein the door and expecting a junior to step up without any experience playing against men is a good idea. I'd rather we go after Matt Parcell or Harry Grant as we continue to develop our juniors.

Inactive User

No more campaigners that are here for a pay cheque
    Peats Rein Parcell Grant all fall in that category

Play the kids
    They will have a crack

Mdrew-who are those hookers we have coming through again?

I think the last person I heard about was Jed Edwards

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    I think the last person I heard about was Jed Edwards
    Yeah he’s one and Ediq something??

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    No more campaigners that are here for a pay cheque
    Peats Rein Parcell Grant all fall in that category

Play the kids
    They will have a crack

Mdrew-who are those hookers we have coming through again?
    How would Harry Grant be a campaigner just looking for a pay cheque? He’s a 21 year old from Rocky who has played one game for the Storm. I get the desire to promote local juniors but we can’t just be 100% local juniors at all costs.