Page 150 of 160 FirstFirst ... 50 100 140 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 ... LastLast
Results 2,236 to 2,250 of 2400

Now that's a bloody good signing!

Ahhh Jeeez….I'm getting that feeling again. For everyone's sake, I'll try to keep a lid on it...but I'm getting excited!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    Now that's a bloody good signing!

Ahhh Jeeez….I'm getting that feeling again. For everyone's sake, I'll try to keep a lid on it...but I'm getting excited!!!!
    It doesn't take much obviously to get you excited. Other clubs are already changing line ups and signing blokes for next year - us? Nothing.
    You should get a job with the Titans membership department. Those people will have the hardest job in the world between now and next year and they could do with your enthusiasm, if that's the right word.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    It doesn't take much obviously to get you excited. Other clubs are already changing line ups and signing blokes for next year - us? Nothing.
    You should get a job with the Titans membership department. Those people will have the hardest job in the world between now and next year and they could do with your enthusiasm, if that's the right word.
    It shouldn't take much to excite any of us after a year like this one. Other clubs may well be into it...we don't even have our head coach in the building yet. Once he arrives...I expect things will start moving quickly. (Not that I think things aren't happening behind the scenes while you read this)

Quote Originally Posted by Menoitios View Post
    It shouldn't take much to excite any of us after a year like this one.
    No, you are certainly correct there.

To me at the moment it is just like a couple of years ago when we signed Brennan. In fact we could go back and use those posts and just change the names.
    Rinse, cycle, repeat.

Very true. Only highlight that comes to mind during the backend of the season was when Sami chased down Addo Carr. Many other fans wouldn't think much of a similar achievement.

Whats everyone think of the rumours Josh Reynolds might be coming here? I know he tries his guts out and could be good for culture, but jeez I just don’t think he offers any skill or impact

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Whats everyone think of the rumours Josh Reynolds might be coming here? I know he tries his guts out and could be good for culture, but jeez I just don’t think he offers any skill or impact
    Terrible awful shocking his salary is nearly as ridiculous as Taylor’s

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    No thanks, never rated him. He seems to rely on his emotion too much and as a result runs around like a chook with it's head cut off.

Rep Player

Personally, I'd be happy with Reynolds if the Tigers heavily subsidise his contract. We are lacking experience and I believe he is much more mature than his chair-kicking days, so he could be a good leader and help us build a culture. He's whole-hearted and has much to prove given his recent injury history. He's not going to win us a premiership alone but could be an astute signing for ~$300k.

I would be keen for Reynolds at the right price anywhere between $300-450k depending how the deal is structured.
    I would choose him hands down in our team over T Roberts or Ash Taylor.
    He plays with his heart on his sleeve and is an absolute competitor, if even a bit of that rubs off on the rest of the playing group it could have dramatic effects. He chases his own grubbers/kicks, solid defensively and seems to become a bit of a leader within his playing groups, would also be great off the field with his media commitments and the community.

Inactive User

Is anyone making these comments aware we’d be picking up a salary of around $800-$900k?
    Also he’s not a Local in any way, shape or form.

These guys we bring up from Sydney with no GC or even SE QLD/North NSW connection ever make the difference that we hope for. They are always to some degree a disappointment.

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Is anyone making these comments aware we’d be picking up a salary of around $800-$900k?
    Also he’s not a Local in any way, shape or form.

These guys we bring up from Sydney with no GC or even SE QLD/North NSW connection ever make the difference that we hope for. They are always to some degree a disappointment.
    No we wouldn't. I specifically said "if the Tigers heavily subsidise his contract". The article being referred to (https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...52d7fc3e0f1f0f) even says "The Tigers are trying to cut a deal with an NRL rival". Clearly, a "deal" would not consist of the buyer paying the full amount of his contract.

Locals aren't the be all and end all. They should be the core of the squad and are critical to building a sustainable system and culture, but we don't have to have a team of 100% locals. Name one successful team that is. Roosters? Storm? lol. Players like Damien Cook, Josh Hodgson, Tyson Frizell, Josh Jackson are far from "local" but would you turn them down if they wanted to come here at a reasonable price?

I think sometimes you need to put the rabid footy fan schtick aside and think a bit more (+ actually read what you're responding to) before you post, Bods.

Inactive User

^^ you took it personally when I was referring to two posts and In answer to you I pretty much would nowadays having followed us since 1988 fail by bringing these blokes from Sydney (and old blokes from Brisbane) here on big money.

Keys to success
    1-building passion with our local juniors
    2-salary cap being maintained by using our lifestyle and location to pay our players market value or unders
    3-success then breeding success

They are my core beliefs for us. I won’t be deviating.

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    No we wouldn't. I specifically said "if the Tigers heavily subsidise his contract". The article being referred to (https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...52d7fc3e0f1f0f) even says "The Tigers are trying to cut a deal with an NRL rival". Clearly, a "deal" would not consist of the buyer paying the full amount of his contract.

Locals aren't the be all and end all. They should be the core of the squad and are critical to building a sustainable system and culture, but we don't have to have a team of 100% locals. Name one successful team that is. Roosters? Storm? lol. Players like Damien Cook, Josh Hodgson, Tyson Frizell, Josh Jackson are far from "local" but would you turn them down if they wanted to come here at a reasonable price?
    Couldn’t agree more. I tipped about Reynolds back in mid September (from reading and hearing gossip, not any inside knowledge , post 2001) but no one commented back then. I reckon he might be the sort of mongrel type that we need and I'd probably stick him at hooker. Better than Peats i reckon. At the right price I'd grab him. For the same reason I'd let Taylor go if some club wanted to pay him a fair portion of his contract.

I also agree with your comments about locals. The last two comps were won by who? How many locals there. I still recall the Tigers and Panthers being obsessed with the crop of locals coming through and what did they win in the end? Nothing. Sure we should do what we can and we should have more locals in the team than most but I've seen too many locals built up on here and then not delivered to throw it all at them.

Inactive User

The last two premiers built their squads and culture through salary cap cheating and TPPs neither of which is something we can do.
    If we held onto our best local juniors since 2007 which we’ve not gone close to achieving our history and predicament would be entirely different

Finally take a look at each big money out of town buy we’ve brought in since 1988
    I rest my case

Even when I reflect on my own workplaces over the years

The big heads from out of town that come here don’t bring the passion and effort, they are here for a quasi early retirement and don’t buy in with their heart. They still stay parochial to where they came from. Locals locals locals