Page 75 of 160 FirstFirst ... 25 65 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 85 125 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 2400
    Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by gotitans101_ View Post
    If only we had a coach who could set Martin's head right. Like BT said, he ticks all the boxes other than the laziness part. I want Peachey gone asap. I never liked the signing in the first place.
    Peachy played his hand in the pre-season when him and his manager were carrying on for more $$$ and it was obvious he didnt want to leave the panthers. Since getting here he hasnt even done enough to justify what we are currently paying. I really hope we can get a culture going where our big dollar signings come to the club and improve rather than regress.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    If Peachey does end up leaving I think we should look at buying a left edge back rower with his 500k. Rhys Martin would be a great option, he’s a good goal kicker and a QLDer as well.
    I'd still like to see us have a crack at Jayden Sua. We missed out on signing him last year because we were satisfied with the options we had but we clearly need another back rower, whether Peachey leaves or not. He did re-sign with the Bronco's last year but surely we could entice him here given the lack of game time and the players he is stuck behind there.

Immortal

Great call mate, I would have him here in a heart beat

Quote Originally Posted by NZFan View Post
    I'd still like to see us have a crack at Jayden Sua. We missed out on signing him last year because we were satisfied with the options we had but we clearly need another back rower, whether Peachey leaves or not. He did re-sign with the Bronco's last year but surely we could entice him here given the lack of game time and the players he is stuck behind there.

I see on Sporting News that Gagai is unhappy with Roberts joining Bunnies. I wonder if Titans would let Peachey go if it meant we signed Gagai ? Just wondering??????
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

I like Gagai but think we have our own resources yet I would take Sua for sure.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Gagai’s the biggest example of a player who is amazing in Origin but does next to nothing for their club. On top of that he is a much better winger than centre. The young blokes are doing a fine job, the only position we need to strengthen is the 2nd row.

Yep agree with the consensus that Gagai is an origin player and not much else. Focus on getting us a high quality backrower as hanginon said. That's the position we are absolutely dreadful in.

First Grader

Defensively Gagai in the centres is not good. He is a much better winger which is not what we need at the moment and particularly at the contract price he would be asking

Not sure if anyone else caught NRL 360 last night but they were having a discussion on our roster situation which is definitely extremely concerning. We have Wallace, James, Boyd all on big contracts, Cartwright on a rich contract and not to mention Ash on over a million as well. That's (at a guess) around $4 million dollars, which is half of our salary cap, spent on Wallace (fair), a giant man who's doing f all, a backrower who's on the improve slowly, an injured captain and a heartless half. The worrying thing is those blokes are all locked in for the next 2-3 years at least.

This is not even mentioning the fact that we have Latu for another 18 months on 350-400k, Proctor on 550k for another 18 months and if he ends up staying we will have Peachey on 500+k for another 3 years.

Whilst we need to fix up our roster in places, I think it will be a long long time before we have some decent cash to spend on some quality players. Also a lot of the money we free up will be spent upgrading the likes of AJ, Arrow etc. That's of course if all the media reports on salaries are correct, but I'd say they wouldn't be far off.

James is on $700k, Wallace and Boyd are on $600k. Our terribly priced contracts all came in years where halfs were in demand due to lack of quality halfs and then Wallace and Boyd in a year where the best forwards were demanding 800k +. Then we fall for the "I have interest elsewhere" stories like Wallace and the Broncos. Why we offered Boyd that kind of money is beyond me though, especially when he was only supposed to be coming here if we lost Wallace. Who else would have offered anywhere near that? Latu was rumoured to be on $450k.

The club stated last year we are set for a couple of years as far as spending goes. The club now needs to offload the deadwood like every other club is trying to do before June 30. Hope there is some wheeling and dealing happening but none of these guys are in their last year of a contract so have ne reason to move on anytime soon to ensure longevity in their career.

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Not sure if anyone else caught NRL 360 last night but they were having a discussion on our roster situation which is definitely extremely concerning. We have Wallace, James, Boyd all on big contracts, Cartwright on a rich contract and not to mention Ash on over a million as well. That's (at a guess) around $4 million dollars, which is half of our salary cap, spent on Wallace (fair), a giant man who's doing f all, a backrower who's on the improve slowly, an injured captain and a heartless half. The worrying thing is those blokes are all locked in for the next 2-3 years at least.

This is not even mentioning the fact that we have Latu for another 18 months on 350-400k, Proctor on 550k for another 18 months and if he ends up staying we will have Peachey on 500+k for another 3 years.

Whilst we need to fix up our roster in places, I think it will be a long long time before we have some decent cash to spend on some quality players. Also a lot of the money we free up will be spent upgrading the likes of AJ, Arrow etc. That's of course if all the media reports on salaries are correct, but I'd say they wouldn't be far off.

Yeah it was a very interesting discussion, the way Buzz put it after he spoke to Mal is that even with the Peachey money the titans wont be going to market

Seems like no one wants to take any of our dead wood either, we've been trying to offload Latu for over a year supposedly.

Also on another note, don't we have 3 spots to fill on our roster before June 30? From memory we had 2 left to fill before Boyle left and we might even have 4 left if Peachey leaves. Not sure how we are supposed to fill that many spots in such a short amount of time.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by BundyTitan View Post
    Seems like no one wants to take any of our dead wood either, we've been trying to offload Latu for over a year supposedly.

Also on another note, don't we have 3 spots to fill on our roster before June 30? From memory we had 2 left to fill before Boyle left and we might even have 4 left if Peachey leaves. Not sure how we are supposed to fill that many spots in such a short amount of time.
    The development players might be moved to NRL contracts unless a player from a QCUP side put's their hand up for a spot???

First Grader

I said last year when they signed boyd it was a massive mistake. He has absolutely no leg speed or lateral movement, he was always going to fail i have no idea why on earth we were chasing him. Not to say he hasnt been trying his **** off the few breif stints he has had lately but we should have moved to some more mobile forwards

Yep, I never liked the Boyd signing either, especially for that kind of money. Our team is full of overpaid players on long-term contracts, most of whom we were skeptical about the moment we signed them for the price. I will admit though, I fell for the Wallace trap, but at least he's starting to prove his worth these past few weeks. If only we could get him up and play that way all year. Boyd is rubbish, Peachey is rubbish, Carty is average and was unproven before he got here (and apparently on big money), James was a plodder even before he got injured, Ash, the million dollar man, is shot....need I go on? Anyway, we are a very dumb club when it comes to signings also it seems.
    Last edited by gotitans101_; 11-06-19 at 05:02 PM.