Page 107 of 160 FirstFirst ... 7 57 97 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 117 157 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 2400

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    Yeah saying Garth was a dead man walking isn’t exactly a watergate level scoop
    I was actually referring to this.
    I’ve been one of your best supporters over the years if you haven’t noticed so I have no idea why you are jumping on the discredit train like the forum’s "trolling ferrets". It makes no sense at all Bodsie

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    I was actually referring to this.
    I’ve been one of your best supporters over the years if you haven’t noticed so I have no idea why you are jumping on the discredit train like the forum’s "trolling ferrets". It makes no sense at all Bodsie
    I don’t mean to offend. Lets go and watch what happens. I’m thinking you will get Walters up and Arrow wrong. That’s my read into the tea leaves.

I don’t mean to offend. Lets go and watch what happens. I’m thinking you will get Walters up and Arrow wrong. That’s my read into the tea leaves.
    If he gets Walters up, that is no scoop as that has been in the press for a month now. If Holbrook gets the job that will be telling. If he gets Arrow wrong he should disappear.
    No offence meant RVS at all and in regard to Arrow it is more a case of just not wanting to believe what you have written. I agree with Bods in that if he leaves his standing in my eyes will be zero, based on the quotes attributable to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    If he gets Walters up, that is no scoop as that has been in the press for a month now. If Holbrook gets the job that will be telling. If he gets Arrow wrong he should disappear.
    No offence meant RVS at all and in regard to Arrow it is more a case of just not wanting to believe what you have written. I agree with Bods in that if he leaves his standing in my eyes will be zero, based on the quotes attributable to him.
    That’s the second time you’ve asked me to be banished for passing on information (WTF). While you’re handing out your self proclaimed ultimatums how about this, if the Jai thing turns out to be on the money you crawl back to your dung pile and eat **** then die from the forum?
    Fair to be fair

I feel for you Rav because you're just passing on info that you've been told, but I have a few reasons for why I doubt it. Jai isn't allowed to sign with another club until November. After everything he has said recently about wanting to stay here, why would he agree to join another team in July, when he hasn't even seen who our next coach is? As others have said he seems like a man of value and honesty, and it just doesn't make sense for him to so suddenly decide to leave when everything he has said points towards him wanting to stay here, and there is no reason for him to rush into the decision. My other reason for doubt is how is it that not a single media outlet in Australia has picked up on this, and you're the only man who knows about such a massive decision?

Quote Originally Posted by RavShamrock View Post
    That’s the second time you’ve asked me to be banished for passing on information (WTF). While you’re handing out your self proclaimed ultimatums how about this, if the Jai thing turns out to be on the money you crawl back to your dung pile and eat **** then die from the forum?
    Fair to be fair
    You seem to take more notice of my thread history than I do! You say passing on info, I say most of it is in the press that we have all read before you come on here and repeat it. Probably not your fault but over the years I have tired of people that breathlessly come on to sports forums with a scoop and just repeat the obvious or are just wrong. I haven't asked for you to be banished at all - just suggested you should take your ball and head off if you are wrong.
    Rather than the insults re Jai Arrow, if he leaves, I will readily admit you were correct and not question your scoops in to the future. If he does leave I will probably disappear from the forum as there will not be much point to it all if we can't keep blokes like him.
    Now just settle down, have your saucer of warm milk, and toddle off to bed. Nighty night.

CASH SPLASH FOR ARROW

NRL rivals have upped the ante in the battle for Titans and Queensland Origin ironman Jai Arrow.

Blindside can reveal Sydney clubs are prepared to offer Arrow more than $900,000 a season, such is their determination to lure the Maroons warhorse away from the Gold Coast.

We revealed last week that the Titans were putting together a massive five-year, $4 million deal – the most lucrative package in the club’s history – to ensure Arrow was the heart and soul of the Gold Coast until 2025.

But NRL rivals are not giving up without a fight and rate Arrow so highly they are considering nudging the $1 million mark to pull off a poaching bid.

Arrow cannot begin formal talks with other clubs until November 1, giving the Titans a valuable head-start in their quest to retain the former Bronco, who is regarded as a future Gold Coast captain.

Arrow’s preference is to stay at the Titans, but several clubs, including the Tigers, Bulldogs, Eels, Dragons and Sharks, are doing their best to blow the Gold Coast out of the water.

First Grader

900k id throw money at jack williams from sharks and perhaps capewell. Id rather strengthen in 2 positions then be baited into a bidding war and over spend.

Quote Originally Posted by Nols of the Goldy View Post

CASH SPLASH FOR ARROW

NRL rivals have upped the ante in the battle for Titans and Queensland Origin ironman Jai Arrow.

Blindside can reveal Sydney clubs are prepared to offer Arrow more than $900,000 a season, such is their determination to lure the Maroons warhorse away from the Gold Coast.

We revealed last week that the Titans were putting together a massive five-year, $4 million deal – the most lucrative package in the club’s history – to ensure Arrow was the heart and soul of the Gold Coast until 2025.

But NRL rivals are not giving up without a fight and rate Arrow so highly they are considering nudging the $1 million mark to pull off a poaching bid.

Arrow cannot begin formal talks with other clubs until November 1, giving the Titans a valuable head-start in their quest to retain the former Bronco, who is regarded as a future Gold Coast captain.

Arrow’s preference is to stay at the Titans, but several clubs, including the Tigers, Bulldogs, Eels, Dragons and Sharks, are doing their best to blow the Gold Coast out of the water.
    You forgot the asterix at the bottom of the article that says *sponsored article by Arrows manager

Same tactics everytime a contract is up for negotiation at the Titans.

Inactive User

CASH SPLASH FOR ARROW

I do not believe this article for a second. There is no way they are offering that. $4mill for 5 years will get the job done.

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by JunctionBlock View Post
    You forgot the asterix at the bottom of the article that says *sponsored article by Arrows manager

Same tactics everytime a contract is up for negotiation at the Titans.
    Exactly. If he can get that money, go for it as hes simply not worth that amount. He makes his tackles and takes alot of hitups but hes not a game breaker. We would be wiser to invest that money over multiple positions if thats the amount hes seriously getting offered.

CASH SPLASH FOR ARROW

And this is how player managers are able to talk figures without actually breaking the rules. Managers go to the media and whisper figures and it gets printed as fact.

i think you can negotiate contracts and basically have them signed - the NRL just wont register them.

I might try and find out the specific wording of that rule as im fuzzy on it and whether it has been tightened up.

- - - Updated - - -

I do not believe this article for a second. There is no way they are offering that. $4mill for 5 years will get the job done.
    agree - 800k is right at the threshold of what id be willing to pay. he is not a million dollar player

Radradra looking to return to Aus. Just the type of winger we want. But his asking price and a 'no d/head' policy would rule him out?

Tend to think you answered your own question there, Boonarga.

He would be great to jag, but asking price and wife-beater tendencies wouldn't work in his favour.