Page 146 of 160 FirstFirst ... 46 96 136 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2400

Quote Originally Posted by hangingon View Post
    Haven’t we offered him 750k though? And this is for 2020 when we have 14 players off contract we can offer him as much as he wants. I thought if he left it would be because he wants a more successful club, not money.
    Could structure the deal $750K, $800K and $850k in consecutive years for Jai. ??/
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Could structure the deal $750K, $800K and $850k in consecutive years for Jai. ??/
    I think thats a fair contract. Also his deal would start 2021 as hes contracted next year to us already i believe

Inactive User

It’s really concerning he hasn’t signed

I rate the will Arrow sign or not extremely low down the totem pole of stuff the club needs to get right before RD 1 next year.

If he goes he goes. If he stays I hope he gets his body into shape that allows him to play more games expected of a highly paid top tier NRL player.

Thats true but it’s also about the message that it will send to fans, the rest of the rugby league world, and other players. If he leaves we will be ridiculed and a lot of people will lose hope, but if he stays its a huge show of faith and could help us bring other players here in the future

Rep Player

Haven’t we offered him 750k though? And this is for 2020 when we have 14 players off contract we can offer him as much as he wants. I thought if he left it would be because he wants a more successful club, not money.
    That’s a good point about it being for 2021 when we will have more cap space. 750k is apparently less than what some Sydney based clubs are offering though. From memory there were talks of 900k - 1m. That’s too much and I think we should let him walk in that case.

Players on the books for 2020 at this stage.

Arrow *
    S Boyd
    T Boyd
    AJ *
    Cartwright
    Copely *
    Don *
    Farmer
    Mo
    Hipgrave *
    James *
    Kelly
    Latu *
    Peachey
    Peats *
    Proctor *
    Rein
    Roberts *
    Sami *
    Sexton
    Spry
    Stone *
    Taylor
    Wallace
    Watkins
    Whitbread

Total 26 Players
    12 players off contract end of 2020. IMO only 6 - Arrow, AJ, James ( at a cheaper price ) , Peats / Proctor ( At cheaper prices. ) and Sami are the only ones of that bunch I would keep. For mine I worry that Hipgrave as much as I like him but maybe injury prone , so could turn out a liability.
    For mine we need to buy / develop a hooker for a 2021/22 start , second rower ( Farmer ) or a strike second rower……. Strike centre ….. ( Spry , Sami S, Iione ) .

I think I would like to see the fruits of the TED program start to pay dividends in 2021/22 with some young guys pushing for a start. As in 2021 we have only 13 players contracted to us at that point and 4 players for the 2022 season.

Thats true but it’s also about the message that it will send to fans, the rest of the rugby league world, and other players. If he leaves we will be ridiculed and a lot of people will lose hope, but if he stays its a huge show of faith and could help us bring other players here in the future
    I know what your saying mate, but paying him too much or whatever just to save face isnt going to turn our fortunes around.

I think we signed Ash for the same reason - to not be embarrassed at losing a star player and what it might look like.

I think you make a judgement on his value, and don't budge, trusting that if you blow the budget just to appease outsiders you are compromising the rest of the squads strength.

Oh I 100% agree, Jai's a great player but 900k or more is a ridiculous price for him, he's never going to be a game changer and I think his game is mainly built on effort and strength, which blokes like Mo can replicate. I'd be much more worried if we lost AJ cause it's hard to replace his raw talent.

I'd be sticking to the 750k and also offering him the captaincy, if that's not enough to keep him then he can go but I'm just worried about how we would be perceived if we lost our best player. I've already heard media outlets and blokes like MG say if we lose Jai Arrow you'd just about shut the door on us. I agree we need to stick to our offer but jeez it would be a bad look for us if he leaves.

If he goes then the club needs to make a statements saying the management of our cap is more important than any one player. Simple.

His injuries have me worried and then WE need to nurse him through origin at our teams expense.

I may be bias, but I'd take the 750k and stay on the Coast, than settle on 900k and deal with what Sydney has to offer (high rent, traffic, etc..).

Quote Originally Posted by Toads View Post
    I may be bias, but I'd take the 750k and stay on the Coast, than settle on 900k and deal with what Sydney has to offer (high rent, traffic, etc..).
    I thought that I heard on NRL 360 one night that the Broncos have a 20% rule ( I could be wrong ). What ever Sydney clubs offer you we will offer 20% less. This is due to what you said Toads rent, cost of living etc . So as you said Toad that if Sydney clubs offer $900K then 20% off that is $720K.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    I thought that I heard on NRL 360 one night that the Broncos have a 20% rule ( I could be wrong ). What ever Sydney clubs offer you we will offer 20% less. This is due to what you said Toads rent, cost of living etc . So as you said Toad that if Sydney clubs offer $900K then 20% off that is $720K.
    This is the only way we can actually win a premiership. Local Juniors, lifestyle and then success breeding success.

Very true Bodsie
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Not sure the contract that he signed.

Preston Campbell's son, Jayden, is set to join the @GCTitans on a three-year deal. #9News

https://twitter.com/9newsgoldcoast/s...516290560?s=21