Page 58 of 160 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 158 ... LastLast
    Immortal

Agree mate, he still has a long way to go but has a huge amount of potential

Quote Originally Posted by Dooldog76 View Post
    Thanks mate. He looks like he could definitely punch holes in defensive lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Whats Doing View Post
    Brennan recruitment and resignings have mostly been disasters except for Arrow.

Boyd, Wallace, Peachey, Cartwright, Latu, Roberts. This is the real problem for the Titans and it is going to take years to fix as they are on long term contracts
    Arrow was signed when Henry was coach: https://www.titans.com.au/news/2017/...ign-jai-arrow/

Inactive User

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www....v1479fprt93m9z

When Jimmy The Ingrate was with us he made great steps with his life but at The Imbecile Drongoes it’s been continual periodic incidents and that club in its usual way swept them under the carpet with media and fan support.

Quite sad.

Inactive User

https://mobile.twitter.com/9NewsSyd/...73711667683329

Given the Drongoes for years have undermined the safety of women and attacked the credibility of any woman that’s ever come forward is this surprising??

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/9NewsSyd/...73711667683329

Given the Drongoes for years have undermined the safety of women and attacked the credibility of any woman that’s ever come forward is this surprising??
    So turned out to be Brett Seymour. He’s a very unique case that guy,possibly a gold medallist in blokes who shouldn’t go near alcohol. Given he turned out to be a journeyman it’s hard to point the finger at the Drongoes however she did give them a special mention for their Gambling culture.

Interesting read from: https://www.sportingnews.com/au/leag...t1gx1wwyu6hnh7

"What a drama it is for the Titans, they're in all sorts. Zero and four, they need to turn things around,"

"I spoke to Garth Brennan, the Titans coach, late last week, and he told me that in terms of recruitment, they don't have a lot of money.

"They are looking at a back-rower to bolster their forward pack for next season.

"Now, of course they've got Kevin Proctor there in the back-row who does a fine job, they've got Ryan James who can operate as a middle or on the edges.

"But Garth Brennan says if there's one place they would like to shore up, it's their back-row.

"So they're currently looking for a back-rower on the open market. Let's see what they can come up with, although I don't think they'll get Tevita Pangai Jnr - he's too expensive, they can't afford him."

Thoughts everyone?

we don't need recruitment - we need coaching in my opinion.

This is a team full of talent that a good coach could get a top 4/5 finish out of.

We need salary cap management and we need to accept our signing mistakes for the likes of Latu and find a suitable team to ship him off too and cop the $ transfer on the chin. And stop re-signing junk like Matthews.

Darius is part of our squad isn't he? His photo is on the team page. Then again, Boyles is still there too.

Immortal

Darius Farmer is on a Development contract thus can be ungraded, he definitely would not let anyone down at the NRL level.

Junior

Quote Originally Posted by mdrew View Post
    Darius Farmer is on a Development contract thus can be ungraded, he definitely would not let anyone down at the NRL level.
    Hey mate, was Kai O'Donnell contracted to Titans? I have heard he has signed with Canberra Raiders, effective immediately

QLD Cup

What do you mean by ungraded? I'd like to see more of these younger players given a crack. It seems the perfect time to be doing it, we have a lot of experience in our roster but desperately need some youth and x factor. Look how well Arrow has gone. What are your thoughts on Spry also, is he NRL ready?

Immortal

Development contract players cannot play in the NRL unless their contracts are upgraded to an NRL contract.

- - - Updated - - -

Tremain Spry has outstanding potential and is playing well for Tweed Heads a few more games with them (he missed Round 4) due to injury and he may well be ready mid/season or very close at least and as he is on an NRL contract there is no issue there.

- - - Updated - - -

He wasn’t on an NRL contract mate, a talent for sure, tough to see him go

Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeGC View Post
    Hey mate, was Kai O'Donnell contracted to Titans? I have heard he has signed with Canberra Raiders, effective immediately

QLD Cup

Development contract players cannot play in the NRL unless their contracts are upgraded to an NRL contract.

- - - Updated - - -

Tremain Spry has outstanding potential and is playing well for Tweed Heads a few more games with them (he missed Round 4) due to injury and he may well be ready mid/season or very close at least and as he is on an NRL contract there is no issue there.

- - - Updated - - -

He wasn’t on an NRL contract mate, a talent for sure, tough to see him go
    Ah I see. Cheers. It is a shame that Matthews decided to take up his second year option in his contract and we could have afforded to bring someone like this in. In saying that, we still have a couple of spaces left don't we? Is there any decent second row options going around at the moment?

I remember last year saying that we should have gone hard after Jayden Sua. They have so many second row option up there and I'm sure we could have enticed him with guaranteed game time.

Lets hope Spry gets a run soon then.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBouveng View Post
    we don't need recruitment - we need coaching in my opinion.

This is a team full of talent that a good coach could get a top 4/5 finish out of.
    Oh hallelujah brother!

I have read the posts up from the bottom and it really annoys the eff out of me when all these no names get put up as our saviours. I know people will do this in desperate times but I'd reckon in the last few years literally hundreds of names have been put up as NRL saviours. Now it's Darius Farmer and Tremayne Spry. But how many of these blokes in the past have come through - I heard the same blah blah about Morgan Boyle et al.

I think there must be a simple reason and I think you have nailed it DB. Crap coaching. This is a top 8 side at worst we have, yet the attack, defence, and just general preparedness to commit to the physical contest is not there. But who is around and wants to risk their coaching career for the "challenge" we present.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mexican titan View Post
    Oh hallelujah brother!

I have read the posts up from the bottom and it really annoys the eff out of me when all these no names get put up as our saviours. I know people will do this in desperate times but I'd reckon in the last few years literally hundreds of names have been put up as NRL saviours. Now it's Darius Farmer and Tremayne Spry. But how many of these blokes in the past have come through - I heard the same blah blah about Morgan Boyle et al.

I think there must be a simple reason and I think you have nailed it DB. Crap coaching. This is a top 8 side at worst we have, yet the attack, defence, and just general preparedness to commit to the physical contest is not there. But who is around and wants to risk their coaching career for the "challenge" we present.
    I don't think that any of us are saying that these players are going to be our saviours. But yes, the coaching is crap and it has been for a long time. We have seen the same defensive worries no matter which coach we have had.

What frustrates me is a coach who says that the players failed to execute the game plan after each successive game. If the players aren't doing what the coach instructs them to then who is to blame? The coach? - He can't get his players to listen to him, or the players? They aren't listening or aren't skilled enough to execute what is expected of them. There is arguments for both cases.

One thing we can all agree on is it should be better and I agree with you MT, we do have a SQUAD that should be at least top eight. Brennan keeps talking about the depth we have this year. I'd just like to see him use it.