Page 56 of 160 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 106 156 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    I agree he hasn’t come on at all. I do remember though there was a time when he was going to be our Lock long term.
    Injury prone too

Seems like we take good Penrith players and turn them in to average players. Manly take Titans average players and they stay average players. I have no wraps on Boyle at all.

As an aside I see Lachlan Burr has been in the Warriors starting line up the first two games. I spilt my coffee when I saw that. I have watched both Warriors games and their depth must be lacking if he is in the starting side, but good luck to him.

he didn't make it past half time today MT - got a very early shower and i dont think it was for injury.

Funnily when i saw him named last week i had to check it was the same Burr as it seems an eternity since he was relevant in the NRL.

Boyle was a prospect, but we all were wooed by his size and and didnt see he was on the wrong side of the Tarzan / Jane equation.

Not too sad to see him go if it frees up cap space and we use it wisely.

I think if Papali'i didn't get done DUI and stood down Rd 1 then Burr would have been on the bench and Tohu or Blair lock. As it is Papa is returning via the bench.
    Last edited by JunctionBlock; 25-03-19 at 10:12 AM.

Numerous reports over the past week suggest St Helens stand-off Théo ***ES is attracting serious interest from the NRL. The 24-year-old has been in stellar form this season, even keeping Saints’ 2018 top point scorer Danny Richardson out of the team.

***ES is off-contract at the end of the year and while St Helens are keen on extending his contract, they would struggle to compete with any offer from the NRL. At least two sides are believed to been keeping tabs on the Frenchman, with Gold Coast Titans and Parramatta Eels being those rumoured.

Id rather the Titans take St Helens Regan Grace and wing pair him with Troy Leo then there would be some ooomph from the back 3
    Kumuls Up !!! RLWC 2017

[IMG][/IMG]

Hey Teke ... I’ve had a good look at Leo and feel he’s too light. Do you really see him as NRL material?
    Last edited by Titanic; 26-03-19 at 05:28 PM.
    Four reasons to escape to Queensland: Sun, Surf, Sand & the Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    Numerous reports over the past week suggest St Helens stand-off Théo ***ES is attracting serious interest from the NRL. The 24-year-old has been in stellar form this season, even keeping Saints’ 2018 top point scorer Danny Richardson out of the team.

***ES is off-contract at the end of the year and while St Helens are keen on extending his contract, they would struggle to compete with any offer from the NRL. At least two sides are believed to been keeping tabs on the Frenchman, with Gold Coast Titans and Parramatta Eels being those rumoured.
    Not sure why the the censorship however his last names sounds like LAGES but had a F instead of L.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Detwelve12 View Post
    Not sure why the the censorship however his last names sounds like LAGES but had a F instead of L.
    Surely we won't be stupid enough to take the risk on another super league player after last time.

Does anyone know how much Boyle was on? If I remember correctly it was decent money, somewhere around 350-400k, because the Tigers were chasing him hard for a while. If so, I'm not too aggrieved to see him go. He seemed to have dropped down the pecking order below Stockwell so thats a lot of money for depth.

Hopefully we can use the money to buy a decent outside back or second rower. Martin would be ideal

Whispers around that Broncos may be looking to release Alex Glenn before June 30 and as was the case earlier this year, we will surely be linked with him. If it's true I really hope we get it done, a left backrower is exactly what we are missing and he's a solid one. James needs to be back in the middle.

First Grader

We have 2 major issues at the moment. Firstly I don’t think Brennan has adjusted to the new low penalty regime where there is more ball in play. This requires more ball movement to more quickly tire the oppositions defensve structure. We continue to go one out and not move the ball which it is making it easy pickings for the opposition. 6 points in 2 games is reflective of our bash and barge approach which is outdated in today’s game.

The second issue is Brennan’s recruitment where there is a distinct lack of pace and in particular having slow plodders like James, Wallace and Boyd on the field at the same time. Speed gives power and there is a real lack of pace across the team which is not causing any concerns for the oppositions defence.

Inactive User

I wonder if St Merge might want to release one of their surplus outside backs in order to get an extra forward.
    We might have a lot of “depth” in the outside backs however they aren’t all that outstanding in quality.

QLD Cup

I wonder if St Merge might want to release one of their surplus outside backs in order to get an extra forward.
    We might have a lot of “depth” in the outside backs however they aren’t all that outstanding in quality.
    Agreed. Depth in mediocrity.

Other than having our halves disrupted by injury, I think our problem is in the forwards. Generally plodders with little mobility.
    Apparently Manly are after Aitken from St Merge but he has gone downhill from the start he was expected to be. If you want him Bods I'd be happy for Manly to miss out on him.

Immortal

One of the first things that we should consider is promoting within and to that extent outstanding second rower Darius Farmer fits the bill as an edge second rower (heck I hate that term) who would offer attributes different to something different to what we have in the NRL squad at present.

seriously Darius is an exceptional talent.