Page 134 of 160 FirstFirst ... 34 84 124 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 144 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 2400

Starting to wonder if this was a Donkey site.
    #TitansThruNThru #WeAreReady

Rep Player

Quote Originally Posted by Bayside Titan View Post
    Starting to wonder if this was a Donkey site.
    Well the discussion was about the necessary conditions for them to afford to take Ash Taylor off us, so it’s relevant.

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by willhelm View Post
    Well the discussion was about the necessary conditions for them to afford to take Ash Taylor off us, so it’s relevant.
    The Drongoes wouldn’t take him on his current money BUT they are more than welcome to instruct him to ask us to release him from his contract so they can sign him on whatever terms they want to have him for.

Go on ATay-ask us for a release. Go right ahead. We probably would even wish you well.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bods View Post
    The Drongoes wouldn’t take him on his current money BUT they are more than welcome to instruct him to ask us to release him from his contract so they can sign him on whatever terms they want to have him for.

Go on ATay-ask us for a release. Go right ahead. We probably would even wish you well.
    Begs the question, who is available for us. The Broncs got ahead on the individual brilliance of a few young players who are not playmakers. Their lack of an on field organiser was obvious. Who fills our massive void? Jacks is gone, taylor a question mark and Boyd very young. We need to invest in a mature, established playmaker for even a year, who fits that spec?

Inactive User

At this point in time that I’m aware of we have Boyd, TRoberts, Sexton, Peachey, Cartwright and Brimson on the books for next year. If Taylor was released from his contract then Holbrook can play around and make a combination out of those pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Begs the question, who is available for us. The Broncs got ahead on the individual brilliance of a few young players who are not playmakers. Their lack of an on field organiser was obvious. Who fills our massive void? Jacks is gone, taylor a question mark and Boyd very young. We need to invest in a mature, established playmaker for even a year, who fits that spec?
    Josh Reynolds. Before you howl me down I'll firstly say I never considered him an option, but on the weekend I read a brief article about his previous connection with our new coach. There was a comment along the lines - if interested give me a call. One thing in Reynolds favour is that he is a competitive bugger and gives his all. I don't think he'd fall in to the bludger category that most of the recent imports have done. The Tigers would also cover a fair chunk of his wage I reckon as I think he's on about 850K. If we had to pay, say half that, it's not a bad deal.
    I also heard on the weekend (no, I'm not doing a scoop, I think I heard it on MMM) that Peats was being shopped and Reynolds can cover hooker as back up as well.
    Anyway, rip in to me!!
    Last edited by Mexican titan; 16-09-19 at 06:45 PM.

QLD Cup

Quote Originally Posted by Titanic Believer View Post
    Is that not what Tyrone Roberts was meant to be?

I'm not ready to right Taylor off just yet. I'm happy to leave it up to the people closer to the situation to decide whether he's going to be in the right head space to play next year. Those articles are absolute garbage. Leaving it to the reader to speculate which player it could be when they provide no proof whatsoever is the lowest form of journalism. I might write an article tomorrow with the headline 'which journo secretly enjoys having their toes licked by animals' (or something that stupid) and see how they like it when their names start getting thrown around.

If Ash leaves for another opportunity then he clearly doesn't want to be here but if he stays, a combination of T. Boyd at 7 and Taylor at 6 would have to be pretty promising. The styles that they seem to compliment each other. Boyd plays straight and hard and seems to be the organising type, Taylor is a bit more creative and has some x factor.

In saying all of this however, if we were to get Fafita in exchange for Taylor then I wouldn't be too upset.

First Grader

Would anyone consider a straight swap milf for taylor? I hope taylor comes back but apparently milfs on his last chance at brissy

Inactive User

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Would anyone consider a straight swap milf for taylor? I hope taylor comes back but apparently milfs on his last chance at brissy
    I only want people that want to be here. Swapping a player with The Drongoes would see us have someone that by definition isn’t committed.
    And NZ makes a great point re TRoberts. He’s been brought here specifically to mentor our halves.

Quote Originally Posted by Upthetits View Post
    Well Milf at his best is far better than anything Taylor has done. However Milf at his best is a rare beast so I don't think he's the best option. Unlike others I am prepared to write Taylor off - last year he was fat, this year he was out of form/stressed/sooking etc. Two years since he's done anything. Waste of money so fire sale him and get what we can.

At this stage I'd be happy to swap Taylor for Alex Glenn plus $500k over 2 seasons and I hate the idea of Alex Glen coming here.

Capewell would do me for the off season signings at this stage.

Our number 1 goal over the offseason should be to get rid of Taylor. I don't care what they do... swap him, pay part of contract or just come up with some excuse to rip it up. Image what possibilities we would have if we free his money and some other dead wood. Look at Parramatta they came last last year and now they are into the second week of the finals. Things can turn around but we need to get rid of Taylor.
    Psmitty

First Grader

Quote Originally Posted by psmitty View Post
    Our number 1 goal over the offseason should be to get rid of Taylor. I don't care what they do... swap him, pay part of contract or just come up with some excuse to rip it up. Image what possibilities we would have if we free his money and some other dead wood. Look at Parramatta they came last last year and now they are into the second week of the finals. Things can turn around but we need to get rid of Taylor.
    Its a tough one. Part of me wants him gone anyway possible, but there's a part of me hoping that if holbrook can get his mind right, get him fit, get him firing. He could be the the ticket to push us up the ladder. When the kids on hes a game changer. Its just about him maturing into this player with the right guidance. Reminds me abit of mitchell moses, a confidence player

Junior

Reports on fox sports we are looking at Alex Glenn and the second coming of Josh Hoffman

Quote Originally Posted by SCoast Titan View Post
    Reports on fox sports we are looking at Alex Glenn and the second coming of Josh Hoffman
    Really? Hoffman?